Official Resonator Delete Thread

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
No seeing as I'm planning on getting the Borla system I didn't want to go through ordering the stainless myself and paying to have him redo everything under it so I just did the resonators for now. I just wanted to make sure I'd be good with how much louder it would be after deleting them because I had a terrible experience deleting them on my '15 GT. The drone was so bad it went back in the next morning to have them put back on! I'm loving it though so pulling the trigger on the Atak is a no brainer at this point :cheers:

On the GT though I had Flowmasters under it before the resonator delete. The factory exhaust on those is laughable to say the least as I'm sure most of you know. The day we bought it even my wife said it was way too quiet :hail:
I might have to make my way up to Tampa in January to have a listen! :D

Dont really want to cut up the original...
Sponsored

Rimox51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Had mine done this week. What a tremendous difference. I also like that it's still quiet with the flappers closed.

juicebox hero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Anyone from Atlanta had their resonators removed and would recommend the shop that did it? Figure it'd be a nice little Christmas present to myself...

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I might have to make my way up to Tampa in January to have a listen! :D

Dont really want to cut up the original...
Come on up :thumbsup: I think it sounds amazing especially over 6k rpm :headbang:

Mu5tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Godzilla
Can the entire stock GT350 exhausts from cats to tips be used on a Mustang GT 5.0?
Yea, but youll need to use strong clamps to compress the gt350s pipe onto the the 5.0s pipe (3in to 2.5in)I learned from my mistake, I compressed it as much as possible then welded it to be safe, 30min later I took a 11hour drive. Pure heaven :love: :headbang:

Youll also need to wire a switch for the valve which I haven't gotten a chance to do since I was in a hurry to go on the road trip(back in sep) but the plus side, it gets shipped with the valves open.

Now I'll be heading back home soon and I'll need to work on the switch and the resonator delete. Can someone recommend the specs on the pipe needed. Length, diameter, wall thickness, and type of stainless steel(new to this). And recommend a place that sells good quality stainless steel pipe in the Michigan or NYC area?

Sponsored

Brawndo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I might be in the minority here but I think the resonated version sounds better. Can't believe I'm saying that I've done a res-delete on all my previous cars.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Has anyone tried using "v-band" clamps when doing the resonator delete? The fab shop that did a roll cage for me on another car also does lots of exhaust fabrication, including scratch-built headers, and they like using these to make various sections of the systems removable. They suggested installing the flanges on both the resonators and the replacement pipes, so that I can go back and forth at will.

Only issue is that the v-band clamps are usually only available in 2.5" or 3", meaning we'd have to figure out a way to make one of those sizes work for both the resonators and the delete-pipes.

Not sure I'd ever have the need or desire to go back to stock, but this would make it very easy.

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried using "v-band" clamps when doing the resonator delete? The fab shop that did a roll cage for me on another car also does lots of exhaust fabrication, including scratch-built headers, and they like using these to make various sections of the systems removable. They suggested installing the flanges on both the resonators and the replacement pipes, so that I can go back and forth at will.

Only issue is that the v-band clamps are usually only available in 2.5" or 3", meaning we'd have to figure out a way to make one of those sizes work for both the resonators and the delete-pipes.

Not sure I'd ever have the need or desire to go back to stock, but this would make it very easy.

that sound like a very good idea

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Got mine removed today. Sounds amazing! Absolutely savage. Grabbed some clips. From my not-so-scientific-approach, it looks like the resonator delete is good for 6db of noise :)

[ame]

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
Guys, need advice.

Had a 2015 GT S550 performance pak, deleted the suitcase, added a FP x pipe and it was loud. Too loud for me. The drone did not help.

Now I have the GT350 trak pak. Love the sport setting as it is. Normal is too quiet. But no drone.

Do you think that I would dislike removing the resonators from the GT350?

Both cars are different, and so too, are the exhausts. I love the G350 as it is but always wondered how come we dont have the x pipe of the R.

Is there a Ford part number for the X pipe in the R? Should I remove the resonators and install an x pipe, and if so, which?

Opinions please!

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
[email protected]
Guys, need advice.

Had a 2015 GT S550 performance pak, deleted the suitcase, added a FP x pipe and it was loud. Too loud for me. The drone did not help.

Now I have the GT350 trak pak. Love the sport setting as it is. Normal is too quiet. But no drone.

Both cars are different, and so too, are the exhausts. I love the G350 as it is but always wondered how come we dont have the x pipe of the R.

Is there a Ford part number for the X pipe in the R? Should I remove the resonators and install an x pipe, and if so, which?

Opinions please!
The X pipes are identical the only difference is the lack of a resonator on the R

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Guys, need advice.

Opinions please!
I'm going to guess you'd think it's too loud. Doesn't really affect normal mode. Removing the resonators only makes sport mode loud. And it's LOUD. Awesome, but loud.

unixadm

H1711
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Anyone had the resonators deleted in the Sacramento, CA area? I'm looking for a shop recommendation.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Anyone had the resonators deleted in the Sacramento, CA area? I'm looking for a shop recommendation.
AED in Cameron Park

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
anyone in MA or RI have this done? And by who?

Thanks
Jack
Sponsored