Sponsored

Official Resonator Delete Thread

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Why not the Ford Performance Exhaust instead?
I don't know how that effects the sound of the car whereas I know exactly how the R exhaust will sound. The sound clips of exhausts on this car is seriously lacking on YouTube. It's like no one changes the exhaust or if they do they keep it a secret and not upload a clips for others to hear.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I don't know how that effects the sound of the car whereas I know exactly how the R exhaust will sound. The sound clips of exhausts on this car is seriously lacking on YouTube. It's like no one changes the exhaust or if they do they keep it a secret and not upload a clips for others to hear.
I got to hear the Ford Performance Exhaust at the American Muscle show a couple months ago. It's like R+ and keeps the Voodoo sound.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I finally got it down over the weekend (Midas). It was the fourth place I checked out. I was only going to have them look at it and then get my own Stainless Steel and come back. They actually had some left over 409 2.5 on hand. They did it on the spot. Made sure they did MIG welding and I had them spot weld the shield onto the pipes. Like all other places, they said it would do nothing to the car. Took about an hour and they did it for $85 out the door. I drove out of the DC metro area, which is the key to good prices. Other shops closer to DC wanted 200-300.

The sound is amazing, but you have to get on it around 4K RPMs or higher to a real difference. I don't think it sounds like my neighbor's 350R. The R is much louder. It sounds like it is breathing better. Wish I did it earlier, but I got awesome price by waiting.

:cheers:

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm on the fence about this (and maybe going full exhaust upgrade) because one of the only car that was blackflagged for noise the last lapping day I went was a GT350R. I was following him and I was OK. Noise is good, but if it limits the track time I get then it's bad!
The R sounds louder IMO vs. non-R removal.

Sponsored

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finally got it down over the weekend (Midas). It was the fourth place I checked out. I was only going to have them look at it and then get my own Stainless Steel and come back. They actually had some left over 409 2.5 on hand. They did it on the spot. Made sure they did MIG welding and I had them spot weld the shield onto the pipes. Like all other places, they said it would do nothing to the car. Took about an hour and they did it for $85 out the door. I drove out of the DC metro area, which is the key to good prices. Other shops closer to DC wanted 200-300.

The sound is amazing, but you have to get on it around 4K RPMs or higher to a real difference. I don't think it sounds like my neighbor's 350R. The R is much louder. It sounds like it is breathing better. Wish I did it earlier, but I got awesome price by waiting.

I'm glad you posted this. I had a stock R exhaust on order and I just cancelled it. I instead have ordered the Ford Performance M-5200-MSS system. I just heard a 350 with this catback in person and it sounds amazing. Def keeps the Voodoo sound and takes it up a notch. Like the guy below said, it sounds like R+ :headbang:

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
The R sounds louder IMO vs. non-R removal.
Could it be the muffler design is different between the two models beside the resonator delete?

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could it be the muffler design is different between the two models beside the resonator delete?
I wouldn't doubt it. I agree that the resonator delete 350 does not sound as loud as the R.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't doubt it. I agree that the resonator delete 350 does not sound as loud as the R.
It is the only logical conclusion, I would say.

Sponsored

gily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Will I have issues if I decide to install aluminum piping instead of stainless steel? Here in El Paso TX. its hard to find Stainless steel piping I already called several shops, I will have to order it

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Will I have issues if I decide to install aluminum piping instead of stainless steel? Here in El Paso TX. its hard to find Stainless steel piping I already called several shops, I will have to order it
aluminum will not last as long if ever weathered. SS can be got on ebay for $45 (5 feet)

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
could be. Inquiring minds want to know.
Mufflers are the same. The difference is R has 2.75" pipe after the X whereas as most deletes are using 2.5".

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Mufflers are the same. The difference is R has 2.75" pipe after the X whereas as most deletes are using 2.5".
It's s big difference in sound to me. How would.25 make such a difference?
Sponsored