Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Hmmmm….trying to upload the log file, keep getting “Upload Failed, try again later”. This happen to anyone else?
Yep, happened to me 5 times trying to upload Sync3 updater to my usb stick.
Have no clue what’s going on...

D68B19BF-FD2D-4474-B691-4F96071E4A05.jpeg

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Yep, happened to me 5 times trying to upload Sync3 updater to my usb stick.
Have no clue what’s going on...

D68B19BF-FD2D-4474-B691-4F96071E4A05.jpeg
Try doing the download late at night or early in the morning. Server is getting hit hard that is the reason for the errors. The update does work fine once you have it all downloaded and on your USB Drive. Go for a ride for about a 40-60 minutes and should be good to go. Your error from Cyan Labs is not the same error as the upload they are talking about to Ford after the update. That has really never worked well. I'm Currently on 3.4.21020 and 2.20 (2020) Maps.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Try doing the download late at night or early in the morning. Server is getting hit hard that is the reason for the errors. The update does work fine once you have it all downloaded and on your USB Drive. Go for a ride for about a 40-60 minutes and should be good to go. Currently on 3.4.21020 and 2.20 (2020) Maps
Haha just PM’d you minutes ago, thanks for the reply. 🙂

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I'm trying to update Maps and Sync 3. I keep getting error messages saying invalid media please remove. This is very frustrating. I would appreciate some tips. Thanks.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I've been trying to upload the log file--from a fast computer and internet connection--for days now, at differing times, with no luck. This happened at the last update round, what, a year ago? So they've had a year to fix what should be a simple file upload process; every time I hear a car company talk about how "They're REALLY a technology company" I want to throw a shoe at the TV. I'm half-interested in the Mach-E--don't like firing the Bullitt up to do quick errands around town and electricity is relatively cheap hydro where I live--but if they can't manage a simple file download/update/upload of log file how the hell they gonna get OTA updates right?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've been trying to upload the log file--from a fast computer and internet connection--for days now, at differing times, with no luck. This happened at the last update round, what, a year ago? So they've had a year to fix what should be a simple file upload process; every time I hear a car company talk about how "They're REALLY a technology company" I want to throw a shoe at the TV. I'm half-interested in the Mach-E--don't like firing the Bullitt up to do quick errands around town and electricity is relatively cheap hydro where I live--but if they can't manage a simple file download/update/upload of log file how the hell they gonna get OTA updates right?
Yeah, once the truly self-driving BlueCruise or whatever name gets rolled out to eligible Mach-E owners, I am going to be very curious how that's going to work.
I guess the line between pressure of pumping out new products fast without testing and saving costs and making your end user be the beta test is getting very blurred indeed.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'm trying to update Maps and Sync 3. I keep getting error messages saying invalid media please remove. This is very frustrating. I would appreciate some tips. Thanks.
Did you properly format your flash drive? It needs to be in exFAT.

Last edited:

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Yeah, once the truly self-driving BlueCruise or whatever name gets rolled out to eligible Mach-E owners, I am going to be very curious how that's going to work.
I guess the line between pressure of pumping out new products fast without testing and saving costs and making your end user be the beta test is getting very blurred indeed.
Side note: I gotta believe some mid-level procurement manager at Ford, or any of the other car companies, held his/her hand up at a meeting last year to say: "Hey, with all the other guys cancelling orders why don't we stock up on those 'chips' our cars use so many of. They don't need to be refrigerated, don't go bad and don't take up a lot of space, and we probably can get them at a discount!" Of course, he/she would be laughed out of the room. Sure, hindsight is 20/20, but this may go down as the greatest example of group think since McNamera's--another Ford product--"Whiz Kids" kept saying "All we gotta do is drop a few more bombs and those North Vietnamese will be begging for peace."

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Side note: I gotta believe some mid-level procurement manager at Ford, or any of the other car companies, held his/her hand up at a meeting last year to say: "Hey, with all the other guys cancelling orders why don't we stock up on those 'chips' our cars use so many of. They don't need to be refrigerated, don't go bad and don't take up a lot of space, and we probably can get them at a discount!" Of course, he/she would be laughed out of the room. Sure, hindsight is 20/20, but this may go down as the greatest example of group think since McNamera's--another Ford product--"Whiz Kids" kept saying "All we gotta do is drop a few more bombs and those North Vietnamese will be begging for peace."
Unfortunately JIT production does not allow this. Maybe if it was one chip, usable in all models, maybe. But that’s not the case.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Did you properly format your flash drive? It needs to be in exFAT.
Yes, exFAT. I 'think' I updated Sync but I'm not sure. I called the Maps hotline and the guy said 'oh, you don't need to update'. Then WHY did the website tell me to update and I wasted my free update!?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Yes, exFAT. I 'think' I updated Sync but I'm not sure. I called the Maps hotline and the guy said 'oh, you don't need to update'. Then WHY did the website tell me to update and I wasted my free update!?
OK, so what version of maps do you currently have? Most likely 1.19, right. To the best of my knowledge 1.20 hasn't been released by Ford so there was nothing for you to update (1.20 is available on Cyanlabs but I wouldn't go that route on a warrantied car).

When it comes to the Ford update website and the folks at the hotline, "why" questions are not allowed. For the most point the answer is "because". Sad but true. If your maps are current you didn't waste anything.

Also, are you saying your drive was properly formatted? If yes, have you checked to see if you have all the files properly downloaded? Check and double check. For what its worth most of these issues are user error.

Edit: Last thing. There is no thinking you did an update. Go into your "About SYNC" screen and check to see what versions you have.

1620829537255.png

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
The car did recognize the drive. Thanks for your photo. I wiil compare it to mine.

Sooo... I should not use Cyanlabs to update my maps? That's a bad thing? I don't want to mess with my warranty in any way.

The car also did an OTA update. I drove around and for the longest time the progress bar was 2 millimeters long. Then it went to 2 inches long. Then it said update complete. But I have no idea what it updated. I think it said file 4ZJSTXXXXXXX.TZ.TAR. I think.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The car did recognize the drive. Thanks for your photo. I wiil compare it to mine.

Sooo... I should not use Cyanlabs to update my maps? That's a bad thing? I don't want to mess with my warranty in any way.

The car also did an OTA update. I drove around and for the longest time the progress bar was 2 millimeters long. Then it went to 2 inches long. Then it said update complete. But I have no idea what it updated. I think it said file 4ZJSTXXXXXXX.TZ.TAR. I think.
No, do not use Cyanlabs. This is best used by owners that were looking to go from version 3.0 to 3.4. The files themselves are Ford files but the upload is not official. This "could" be an issue if anything electronic goes wrong in your car. Proceed at your own risk.

In all my years using Sync I have never had a successful OTA download. I do not trust them. I have them turned off and only use a flash drive.

I did confirm that 1.19 is the latest "official" maps version. So unless you have 1.18 it does not need to be updated.

By the way, here are the file names for the latest 3.4 build update. SYNC3 v3.4.21020
4U5T-14G423-CC.tar.gz
5U5T-14G381-ER.tar.gz
5U5T-14G391-CN.tar.gz
GB5T-14G386-AD.tar.gz
HB5T-14G386-VBB.tar.gz
HB5T-14G386-VEB.tar.gz
LU5T-14G386-CA.tar.gz

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew