Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
OK, so what version of maps do you currently have? Most likely 1.19, right. To the best of my knowledge 1.20 hasn't been released by Ford so there was nothing for you to update (1.20 is available on Cyanlabs but I wouldn't go that route on a warrantied car).

When it comes to the Ford update website and the folks at the hotline, "why" questions are not allowed. For the most point the answer is "because". Sad but true. If your maps are current you didn't waste anything.

Also, are you saying your drive was properly formatted? If yes, have you checked to see if you have all the files properly downloaded? Check and double check. For what its worth most of these issues are user error.

Edit: Last thing. There is no thinking you did an update. Go into your "About SYNC" screen and check to see what versions you have.

1620829537255.png
Here's my info.
20210512_113537.jpg
20210512_113545.jpg

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Here's my info.
20210512_113537.jpg
20210512_113545.jpg
Matt you on the current Ford released SYNC version 3.4.21020. The map is current to what Ford has issued I believe. Mine is way out of warranty plus I upgraded from MFT to 3.4 and then updated via CYANLABS so mine has the 2.20 (2020) maps along with the SYNC version you have listed. As others have said, stay with Ford released stuff while under warranty!! Much safer and is covered if an update does something crazy and you needed to seek out warranty work.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
But how does Cyanlabs have 2020 and Ford hasn't even released it to their customers yet?

Thanks for your info.

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But how does Cyanlabs have 2020 and Ford hasn't even released it to their customers yet?

Thanks for your info.
Normally Ford is not to far behind CYAN. I believe Ford uses CYAN and us as guinea pigs before they release to the masses. Same software being pull from Ford servers just pre release. If you have a day to burn go over and read their forums and it will make a little more sense. They have a release thread for every version and what people find that could be issues. They actually overnight released 3.4.21098 but to new for me, I'm holding off for a little.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Normally Ford is not to far behind CYAN. I believe Ford uses CYAN and us as guinea pigs before they release to the masses. Same software being pull from Ford servers just pre release. If you have a day to burn go over and read their forums and it will make a little more sense. They have a release thread for every version and what people find that could be issues. They actually overnight released 3.4.21098 but to new for me, I'm holding off for a little.
What's 3.4.210098?
Sync?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Hehe, yup. I'm all caught up. Still burns me the Nav website told me I had an update when I didn't. Total scam to get you to use your 1 free update.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
Hehe, yup. I'm all caught up. Still burns me the Nav website told me I had an update when I didn't. Total scam to get you to use your 1 free update.
In my experience I do not think it is malicious on Ford’s part. I believe it is incredible incompetence by their subcontractor responsible for providing the map updates, and the failure on Ford’s part to hire a different, competent subcontractor.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You haven't been burned, yet. What exactly did you download? Since the update is based on your VIN and you currently have the latest you shouldn't be dinged for this download. Yuo may need to call them again.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I typed in my VIN. It said there was an update. Then when I did the update it did nothing. I called the number on the Maps website and they said I didn't need an update. So I used my free update for absolutely nothing.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Looks like updates over wifi do actually work. Unexpected as I have never had an automatic Sync update, only a map update once over wifi. The Ford Owner website said there was a Sync update available for my car. So I went to the garage and scanned for updates and it started downloading. I sat in the car for more than 20 minutes listening to music and it was still going, so I turned off the car. I will check in the morning.
20210512_210118.jpg

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like updates over wifi do actually work. Unexpected as I have never had an automatic Sync update, only a map update once over wifi. The Ford Owner website said there was a Sync update available for my car. So I went to the garage and scanned for updates and it started downloading. I sat in the car for more than 20 minutes listening to music and it was still going, so I turned off the car. I will check in the morning.
20210512_210118.jpg
Probably will need to start over. Once the key and power is off believe it stops. Surprise it works via wifi.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, you have to let it finish. I drove around for about 25 minutes. The progress bar didn't seem to move at all then it suddenly finished.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I tried the Sync OTA scan for updates and no-go for me, as it never finds and downloads an update and no I am not on the latest update. I have a super-strong wifi signal that doesn't drop until I'm at least a block from my house, so that isn't the issue.

Now that I typed this, I'll probably walk out to the car in a couple of days and it will have updated via wifi.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Try using your phones Hotspot.