Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
have you turned off the car, locked it. Make sure it is off. Then you can get back ina nd start the car again, this is to complete the update. Now check the update.
The car updated, it's Ford that thinks it has not.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
The car updated, it's Ford that thinks it has not.
ford is slow on showing the update, mine took a day to show online.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Does Ford ever have a changelog for their patches? I can update to 4.23188 but not sure if i should since everything seems to work fine.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Does Ford ever have a changelog for their patches? I can update to 4.23188 but not sure if i should since everything seems to work fine.
Ha, we wish. Unfortunately no, never had one. Updates over the past couple of years were for behind the screens fixes so there was nothing to actually see. Iā€™ve done them just to keep current. Doesnā€™t hurt.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I have 2019, and when I went to fetch my map update for 3.4, after entering my VIN, it saying that itā€™s no longer free and I have to pay for updates going forward.

In the past the updates were always included. And I did not see any info about a subscription prior to today.

Any one know how that works, as I do have the Ford extended warranty and about 40k miles on the car?
Youā€˜ve received all the free ones you are going to get. Iā€™m in the same boat. Now we pay if we want them. ESP has no impact on maps.

Here is part of the email I received the other day from Ford.

IMG_3721.jpeg
I ran into this last year on my 2019. In the fall, I saw that I had a free map update available, planned to do it that weekend, forgot about it, and remembered it in January. I wanted it because Massachusetts has renumbered the exits in the prior year, and I wanted the map to match the signs.

Too late. No free update in January, by then I was getting the "Hey, you get to pay now" notices. I decided that since I so seldom use the car's map instead of Waze on Apple Car Play, Ford could go hang for trying to suck a few extra hundred from my pocket.

Fast forward to this week. I was only going a short distance and didn't feel like pulling my phone out of my pocket and plugging it in. Rolled onto the highway and realized that the map was now showing the new, correct exit numbers. It apparently updated itself sometime during the year over the car's WiFi connection.

Beats the hell out of me why it did it, and as I said, I use Waze 99% of the time. But, if you don't NEED the new map, might be worth waiting a while to see if it does it itself.

EZ-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eliam
Vehicle(s)
Whipple charged 2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I ran into this last year on my 2019. In the fall, I saw that I had a free map update available, planned to do it that weekend, forgot about it, and remembered it in January. I wanted it because Massachusetts has renumbered the exits in the prior year, and I wanted the map to match the signs.

Too late. No free update in January, by then I was getting the "Hey, you get to pay now" notices. I decided that since I so seldom use the car's map instead of Waze on Apple Car Play, Ford could go hang for trying to suck a few extra hundred from my pocket.

Fast forward to this week. I was only going a short distance and didn't feel like pulling my phone out of my pocket and plugging it in. Rolled onto the highway and realized that the map was now showing the new, correct exit numbers. It apparently updated itself sometime during the year over the car's WiFi connection.

Beats the hell out of me why it did it, and as I said, I use Waze 99% of the time. But, if you don't NEED the new map, might be worth waiting a while to see if it does it itself.
So true, already have seen the gps take me to the wrong exits, so I have been using apple and google maps instead. Waiting to see if the wife sponsors the subscription as a Christmas gift, like I did for her remote start on the Acura a year back. šŸ˜Š

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
My GPS is up-to-date--I bought the subscription--and the other day it insisted I go south on I5 from Stockton, CA to get to Sacramento; Sacramento is most definitely north of Stockton.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My GPS is up-to-date--I bought the subscription--and the other day it insisted I go south on I5 from Stockton, CA to get to Sacramento; Sacramento is most definitely north of Stockton.
Presuming you are not kidding, your maps might be up to date but it sounds like your GPS is not working properly. Might want to have that checked out.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Sorry, I mis-wrote: meant to write 'my MAPS is up-to-date' (Sync is too). Voice commands said to go 'south on I5.'

Wifey has a late-model Fusion with Sync 3; a couple days ago the GPS completely lost its mind heading to Los Banos--SW of Modesto--in the country. Possibly no cell phone coverage; doesn't the GPS depend somewhat on cell phone (I know, it shouldn't, but ...).

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Been getting the message below on owner site lately, when checking my vin and wont allow me any way to download to usb or upload from usb anymore. latest sync I had uploaded successfully a while back was 3.4 Build 23188_PRODUCT as Ford site did confirm but that was a few months ago.

It appears there is an issue with the latest SYNC update file. Our team will review the issue shortly and provide you with the correct update.