Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
So here is something interesting. I updated my Sync 3 the other day and just remembered to upload my .XML file. Refreshed the Ford owner page and saw this. Update showed immediately. That's a first.

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 10.24.04 AM.png
Ford seem to have completely rewritten the update page in Europe with much better functionality - maybe the US is similar

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I just did the Nav update last night, but got a weird message at the end. It said something like update fail and I need to re-download and do it over. However, when I go back into the system to look to see what map it is showing and it showed NA 221.
Do you think I have to do it all over again?

Last edited:

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I just did the Nav update last night, but got a weird message at the end. It said something like update fail and I need to re-download and do it over. However, when I go back into the system to look to see what map it is showing and it showed NA 221.
Do you think I have to do it all over again?
1680967401950.png

OP
OP

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
New Update
TBH I have no idea when this popped as I haven't really checked in a while.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
So, I download the files and trying to update the navigation again, but still get this message

Installation failed
Error Code: MEM_ERR03
Download files again and retry to install
if error persists, please note and contact 1-800-392-3673

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So, I download the files and trying to update the navigation again, but still get this message

Installation failed
Error Code: MEM_ERR03
Download files again and retry to install
if error persists, please note and contact 1-800-392-3673
Try a different USB drive. Also double check the directions for proper hard drive to USB transfer.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
Try a different USB drive. Also double check the directions for proper hard drive to USB transfer.
I don't think the problem is the USB drive cause I use this USB drive only for this and the last time it worked fine.

I am not sure what do you meant by "Also double check the directions for proper hard drive to USB transfer."

could it be the car out of memory for the navigation update because I have a garmin gps and when I did an update it ran out of internal memory. therefore, I have to add a memory card to it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I don't think the problem is the USB drive cause I use this USB drive only for this and the last time it worked fine.

I am not sure what do you meant by "Also double check the directions for proper hard drive to USB transfer."

could it be the car out of memory for the navigation update because I have a garmin gps and when I did an update it ran out of internal memory. therefore, I have to add a memory card to it.
Flash drives can be fickle. Just because it worked the last time is not a guarantee it will work with a new file upload.

The directions for downloading files from Ford to your hard drive and your flash drive can be confusing. I’ve screwed it up in the past so I know it’s easy to do. Just find the original download and reload it on your flash drive.

It has nothing to do with memory as the new files overwrite the old ones.

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to arrive at this thread so late in the game but here goes. 2020 GT Premium. B&O System. If I download an Mp3 track from, say, YouTube, should I expect for my display to show track name, artist, album name and album art? If not, how do I update the Mp3 file to my Mustang?

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
If the file does not contain the tagging info then no, it will not display. If you want to put the information in the file, then get and ID3 tag editor and you will be fine.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
So, I chat with the ford support today and they said to do a master reset on the SYNC and try again.
I finally have time to do it again. This time I got a new usb stick like Bikeman315 suggest. I did a master reset and start the update of the navigation.

After a little over half an hour got the same error. I call the support and the lady said to see if it's showed nav 2 21. if it is then she said you're up to date. I asked her why it gives me the installation failed instead of said your installation complete and she said it doesn't matter; your navigation is up to date. so much for ford software and their support huh?