Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
I finally have time to do it again. This time I got a new usb stick like Bikeman315 suggest. I did a master reset and start the update of the navigation.

After a little over half an hour got the same error. I call the support and the lady said to see if it's showed nav 2 21. if it is then she said you're up to date. I asked her why it gives me the installation failed instead of said your installation complete and she said it doesn't matter; your navigation is up to date. so much for ford software and their support huh?
After you download the files, Do not forget to right-click on the file you just downloaded, go to Properties, then check the unblock button at the bottom if it says it was blocked because it came from the internet. If you don't do this, it will lead to erroneous installation as the installer wouldn't have the proper privileges.

If you want Windows to not block files automatically that were downloaded from the internet as it's a stupid feature and doesn't really know what file is safe or not, see: vhttps://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/85418-how-disable-downloaded-files-being-blocked-windows.html

PS: Also make sure the USB drive is formatted with the FAT32 file system

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
New Update
TBH I have no idea when this popped as I haven't really checked in a while.
how did it update? automatically? I had to do it using a USB drive but I have that version as well. I read somewhere that update improves audio quality with richer mids and bass. I'll have to see if that really is the case over the next few days.

BTW, the FORD site still shows that my Sync 3 version is: 3.4.21194 although I did update it to 3.4.22251

Does it take time for the site to update what version I currently have installed?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
how did it update? automatically? I had to do it using a USB drive but I have that version as well. I read somewhere that update improves audio quality with richer mids and bass. I'll have to see if that really is the case over the next few days.
I manually checked and had it downloaded/ready to go on a USB stick.
Pulling out the car after winter hibernation, the first startup and the car was on my wireless network long enough for it to pull the update down and it installed it on my drive.
(Bullitt didn't come with the LTE modems)

BTW, the FORD site still shows that my Sync 3 version is: 3.4.21194 although I did update it to 3.4.22251
Does it take time for the site to update what version I currently have installed?
If all modules were fully updated and it's connected to a network, it should update on its own eventually. How long, no idea, I've never paid attention to it.
If its done manually via USB, you have to upload the XML file to update the status.

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Got the new sync release installed. Yay me. And also received the USB from Ford for the maps. That's done too. Took 50 minutes for the maps. All up to date.

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
It's the same ones discussed earlier in the thread. Maps is NA 2.21 and Sync is 3.4 Build 22251.

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
There were no release notes provided but is up to date at least. I bought the maps because my downloaded update version wouldn't work.

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R

You need to upload a generated file in your USB so they can know what version you have installed.

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Hey guys, has anyone heard about a new update for Sync3 (3.4.23088)?
I have tried to find it but no luck.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Damn! So they say 22251 is the same as 23088. It doesn't make any sense. Also, that 23088 introduce some bugs into sync3 system? And why Ford allows the downloading and installation? Weird...
Honestly at this point updating 3.4 is meaningless. There are no real updates and all they are doing is some back room cleaning up. I would certainly wait to see how this plays out before doing anything.

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Honestly at this point updating 3.4 is meaningless. There are no real updates and all they are doing is some back room cleaning up. I would certainly wait to see how this plays out before doing anything.
I have been trying to get a fresh update because my sync3 is ghosting me šŸ˜‚. Yeah, it starts touching everything by himself, going back and forward, selecting and unselecting menus. Itā€™s very annoying. My ford dealer salesman told me to go to put a claim and replace the whole system, but damn, itā€™s a lot of mess to get that screen off. Iā€™m wondering why to replace the sync system they need to remove the central console?

Or it this the right one?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I have been trying to get a fresh update because my sync3 is ghosting me šŸ˜‚. Yeah, it starts touching everything by himself, going back and forward, selecting and unselecting menus. Itā€™s very annoying. My ford dealer salesman told me to go to put a claim and replace the whole system, but damn, itā€™s a lot of mess to get that screen off. Iā€™m wondering why to replace the sync system they need to remove the central console?

Or it this the right one?
This is not an unknown situation. It could be a defective screen and/or the electronics. Best thing to do is just let them replace it (I hope you are still under warranty). It certainly is a pain but find the tech doing the work, buy him lunch and pray for the best.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Damn! So they say 22251 is the same as 23088. It doesn't make any sense. Also, that 23088 introduce some bugs into sync3 system? And why Ford allows the downloading and installation? Weird...
No, it's not anymore. Cyanlabs was updated more than a month ago with the correct version of 23088.