Sponsored

Official: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona (EV + ICE), Scat Pack, Daytona R/T Revealed! 670 Horsepower / 0-60mph in 3.3 Secs

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Well, the 11.5 quarter mile time is for the Scat Pack. That's why I compared it to the Dark Horse.

The 500 is a competitor for the Hellcat. I highly doubt the Scat Pack with 670 hp is the top trim of the new lineup. It's just the best thing at release.

Yeah the current GT500 is definitely faster. It can touch mid 10s stock and its trapping 130+.

Based on the 0-60 and the quarter mile time, this scat is trapping in the 100 teens.

I don't think there will be another 'GT500' or any Shelby at all. At least not for the 650. I think it will be something else. Think, Boss 302.
They will be calling it the Dark Snake.
Sponsored

Geodudes550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
S550 2018 Mustang GT Premium
This claim is based on the 1320 package you could previously get. Remember it didn't come with the non-driver seats (you could add them for a dollar) and it had factory drag radials. Ran the quarter-mile in 11.7 seconds at 115 mph

Faster than any factory N/A Mustang or Camaro.
Well that’s great and all that a 2023 did it but I think it’s silly for them to make claims like this.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
A quick scan says these are going to be expensive cars, where the value leader?

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
This claim is based on the 1320 package you could previously get. Remember it didn't come with the non-driver seats (you could add them for a dollar) and it had factory drag radials. Ran the quarter-mile in 11.7 seconds at 115 mph

Faster than any factory N/A Mustang or Camaro.
Does the GT500 not count here? That sounds like a marketing shit statement. Just because they did not offer the GT500 after 2022 doesn't make this pile of junk fastest production muscle car.

Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
The car looks great. But man is it heavy. My neighbor worked on this project and recommended staying away from it because dodge was somewhat unsuccessfully trying to design their own drive systems by reverse engineering the model 3.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
The car looks great. But man is it heavy. My neighbor worked on this project and recommended staying away from it because dodge was somewhat unsuccessfully trying to design their own drive systems by reverse engineering the model 3.
Typical Dodge, that explains the heft. I don't think we can call it a boat anymore, more like a submarine with this weight this thing would sink to the bottom.

At least the interior looks nice on this one, I absolutely hated the interior on the other ones.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
A quick scan says these are going to be expensive cars, where the value leader?
I believe the 'value' is the utter ease with which they can be stolen out of dealer lots and showrooms.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the GT500 not count here? That sounds like a marketing shit statement. Just because they did not offer the GT500 after 2022 doesn't make this pile of junk fastest production muscle car.
You missed the NA part

And the Demon would win either way.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Impressive.

Meanwhile the S650 got two throttle bodies and a drift stick
Oh so now we're excited for electric over V8's? Man how the turn tables turn.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You missed the NA part

Prepped surface yes. Non-prepped, traction is an issue for the Demon so it may lose in the 1/4 but horsepower would take over and it would likely win in the 1/2.

Also, the Demon was tuned specifically for the quarter mile whereas the GT500 was not. So I would expect the Demon, with almost 100 more HP, to win most of the time.

And not to turn this into a Dodge forum, but a local dealer has a Super Stock for sale. Badass looking car and Smoke Show is pretty cool color, reminds me a little of Avalanche Gray that was offered for the GT350

https://www.diamondmotorworks.com/2021-dodge-challenger-srt-super-stock-c-4641/

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
You missed the NA part

Oh ok well the quote did not mention NA though. Either way doesnt matter :like:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Prepped surface yes. Non-prepped, traction is an issue for the Demon so it may lose in the 1/4 but horsepower would take over and it would likely win in the 1/2.

Also, the Demon was tuned specifically for the quarter mile whereas the GT500 was not. So I would expect the Demon, with almost 100 more HP, to win most of the time.

And not to turn this into a Dodge forum, but a local dealer has a Super Stock for sale. Badass looking car and Smoke Show is pretty cool color, reminds me a little of Avalanche Gray that was offered for the GT350

https://www.diamondmotorworks.com/2021-dodge-challenger-srt-super-stock-c-4641/
I always wanted to like the Dodge but I don't know what it is about it that drives me away. Must be the Dodge name, weight (+ size), handling, and the crappy interior. But either way the one you above is nice just looks huge to me. I am sure its fun.

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
The old 5800 pound sports coupe. That’s a no for me. A never ever nope.

I’d rather drive an older four banger that’s under 3100 pounds.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Oh so now we're excited for electric over V8's? Man how the turn tables turn.
yeah that was shameful comment. All of you can hate on the Dark Horse which is fine BUT its a awesome drivers car keeping a world class V8 and stick shift alive. Way better than any EV, can't even be compared. EVs are EVs and V8 well are tits.
Sponsored