OP
OP
Canuckican

Canuckican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red
John Deere muffler paint might fix that. Seriously, I've used it on motorcycle headers before with good results. But get the black instead of the green or yellow, don't ask how I know that.
I may just have to do something like that in the spring. I know how costly it is to have long tube headers professionally installed and the headers themselves are a bit spendy too.

I used bright yellow on the crash bars on my last bike to try to help a bit with side visibility and yellow braided brake lines just because I liked the look of them with the blue. So maybe John Deere yellow headers may be just what Oliver needs. :)

1703791665519.png

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
John Deere muffler paint might fix that. Seriously, I've used it on motorcycle headers before with good results. But get the black instead of the green or yellow, don't ask how I know that.
JD muffler paint (black) is the real deal. I've used it on multiple motorcycle and ATV exhausts, and the stuff is almost indestructible. Shelf life is amazing too.

RowdyRam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
22 GT DMG 6M Coupe
I may just have to do something like that in the spring. I know how costly it is to have long tube headers professionally installed and the headers themselves are a bit spendy too.

I used bright yellow on the crash bars on my last bike to try to help a bit with side visibility and yellow braided brake lines just because I liked the look of them with the blue. So maybe John Deere yellow headers may be just what Oliver needs. :)

1703791665519.png
Nice ride. I had a blue Kawasaki as well, on which was the set of headers I was talking about. Just about the same color scheme as yours.

IMG_3540.JPG
IMG_0931.JPG

OP
OP
Canuckican

Canuckican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice ride. I had a blue Kawasaki as well, on which was the set of headers I was talking about. Just about the same color scheme as yours.
Very nice bike! I bet it went like a bat out of hell and was a handful with no electronic nannies.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Canuckican

Canuckican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oliver developed a bit of indigestion while out and about yesterday and barfed up a new code. I have a feeling something in the rats nest of repaired emissions plumbing at the front of the engine has come loose.

And the vibration at about 1500 RPM only when the engine and exhaust are cold is annoying. It sounds like it is in the front half of the car near the center. So far my tapping on things with a rubber mallet has not exposed the culprit. Maybe it can still vibrate with the strength of the engine running but not make a peep when lightly whacked with a rubber mallet. I won't be surprised if it's the exhaust clamps. Or with this car even the torque converter about to blast itself into a few thousand fragments. ;)

1703952077178.png

OP
OP
Canuckican

Canuckican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope the moderator does not end up banning me for adding on to this same original post for things about this car that are not strictly related to the forum name. I was just hoping to not have my delightful GT purchased from "Mint" Auto Sales in Orlando, Florida spread over a dozen forums. Maybe I should ask to have it moved to a more general forum.

At least Oliver runs well (usually) and runs hard now. I'm putting together a list of all the stuff that has had to be be done to get him to this state from his starting point as a "mint" 2016 Mustang GT.

RowdyRam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
22 GT DMG 6M Coupe
Very nice bike! I bet it went like a bat out of hell and was a handful with no electronic nannies.
Thanks man. It was quicker than any Mustang I've ever been in (2.6 seconds 0-60 if you could keep the front end down), and ferocious acceleration everywhere with a 1-tooth down front sprocket.

I always kept sticky tires on it so that my own fear was the limiting factor when riding it, especially on curvy roads.

Back to your Mustang - good luck getting this thing sorted out. I've been following your progress and sounds like you're almost there.

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289
I hope the moderator does not end up banning me for adding on to this same original post for things about this car that are not strictly related to the forum name. I was just hoping to not have my delightful GT purchased from "Mint" Auto Sales in Orlando, Florida spread over a dozen forums. Maybe I should ask to have it moved to a more general forum.
you might be able to have them move it to build journals. But I have been following since day one.

OP
OP
Canuckican

Canuckican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A few more repairs have now been completed. The 8 missing Christmas tree shaped pins that hold the passenger side rocker panel in place were replaced and that resolved the rattle/ vibration coming from the passenger door area.

I also think I found the source of the low-RPM rattle that was worse when the engine was cold. The nuts on the two studs connecting the passenger side header to the catted downpipe were loose and this was allowing that joint to move a bit. I cleaned up all the corrosion on the studs using rust removal spray and then a wire brush. The nuts were a bit of a pain to tighten but I managed to do it.

We are getting snow today so I was not able to test drive it. Snow is in the forecast several days this week so that may be all for Oliver for a few months. He's just been cleaned, is fully fueled and had fuel stabilizer added. All that is left to do for now is air up the tires a bit, hook up the battery maintainer, and put the car cover on. And put some steel wool in the exhaust tips in an attempt to keep the mice out of the exhaust. Seems to work for the snowmobiles and I also use mothballs with the snowmobiles.

One thing I saw yesterday was condensation in each headlight after the car wash. The headlight covers are a bit glazed over and have several small cracks in them. I plan on replacing the headlights in the spring. Looks like there are a lot of options out there ranging from $125 to $1500 per headlight. Ouch!

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...dlight-condensation.33275/page-2#post-3894488

One thing I saw yesterday was condensation in each headlight after the car wash. The headlight covers are a bit glazed over and have several small cracks in them. I plan on replacing the headlights in the spring.
Have enjoyed reading of your progress. :thumbsup:. :thumbsup:.

Regarding condensation in the headlight, checkout the thread above. The lens assemblies come from the factory with flaps in the back end of them, to stay vented with the atmosphere. Some fogging or condensation can be considered normal.

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Glad to see things really turned around for ya on this one. Hopefully come spring time you’ll really to get enjoy it!

OP
OP
Canuckican

Canuckican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to see things really turned around for ya on this one. Hopefully come spring time you’ll really to get enjoy it!
Thanks, I appreciate that. It's been a difficult few months and I am trying to put the negative stuff behind me. Not forgiving or forgetting, just being realistic with what my rational options are. I'm not proud of it but I've wished some not-so-pleasant things to befall the other parties. Not physical harm, just a lifetime of broken down cars, delayed flights, cell phone problems, rain at every outdoor event and a plague of mosquitoes constantly buzzing around their ears.

Spring should be a hella good time with Oliver!

OP
OP
Canuckican

Canuckican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A few weeks ago, an inattentive driver rear-ended my daughter's 2016 Fusion when she was stopped at the end of a line of cars during a freeway traffic jam. Thankfully everyone in both vehicles escaped injury, but both vehicles were destroyed. Her first car was a 2013 Fusion and that one was totaled after hitting two deer. Maybe the Fusion is just not a lucky car for her, although I consider her damn lucky to have walked away from this recent incident!

Until we can find a replacement vehicle for my daughter, she is driving my wife's SUV and my wife is driving my F150. I am fortunate to be able to work remotely much of the time, so I can schedule my on-site time accordingly. And you can bet your a$$ that this time, there is no skipping a PPI. I don't care what the person selling the car tells me. They are lying until it is proven to me that they are not!

However, since I do still need to get around at times, the cover has been removed from Oliver and he's back on the road for a bit this winter (only on dry roads, and driven carefully). So far, so good. He's still running very well, but stabbing the throttle while cruising at 50 mph does spin the tires on the cold roads. That was merely a scientific experiment conducted on a secluded road with no other vehicles around. I love science!

I do still have quite a to-do list but it is all stuff that will wait until spring (e.g. replacing blown speakers, replacing broken purge valve electrical connector, polishing headlights).

1707662877933.png

1707662913298.png

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
The car could potentially have an E85 tune on it which would likely give you some starting and driving issues if it’s got 87 in the tank now.
This.

Drain it and try a gas can full of E. It may be rough as hell until the E is fully through the lines. If so a 91 tune may be a more convenient route to go.

Good luck OP, she looks gorgeous.

Kinda funny that she’s got the stickers on with all those motor mods. I’m sure the previous owner just sold whatever wheels they had on it.
Sponsored