Ode to my convertible

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I have a vert and I always wanted one ever since my mom had a 65 mustang vert back in the 60's when I was still a little brat. Anyway I always enjoy the drive with the top down, it's what a convertible is for. I was never into bikes, I like having 4 wheels under my fat ass.
Sponsored

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
My wife enjoys the convertible but not wearing hats to keep hair from whipping in face. Solution? Haircut!! Also a wind deflector We enjoy early morning drives watching the Sunrise cruising on 2 lane roads. Old mc er here as well. Sensing a theme. Don’t miss the touring bike and when I see someone on one in traffic I say a prayer. Btw this is my first vert and I love it.

Mustang702000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.o , 2002 V6 convert
Best part of my vert experiences is the great memories of top down rides in our mountains with my late Marine bro, Paul And riding mom around Tampa area when she lived down there. Just a grand life well spent in Mustang ragtops.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
I love this thread. My 2022 convertible is on order and I sure wish it would get scheduled for production. I have ridden motorcycles all my life and all over our beautiful country. Age. Bad back. Crazy drivers! Still have the bike, but my cruising days in the vert will no doubt outnumber those on the bike! Can hardly wait!!!

Paris MkVI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible, 2015 Escape 2.0 Titanium
Vehicle Showcase
Years ago I had a 25 minute drive to work, and I remember how it would completely change my mood from stressed to relaxed with the top down.
That's me today. Been in a convertible since 2005. Rode in a '66 Mustang convertible with my dad when I was six. When I received my license, we still had a'66 Fairlane convertible. My dream Mustang has always been a V8, manual gearbox, and a top that drops. For 17 years now, I've lived that dream.

If the temp is 50˚ or higher and the weather is otherwise reasonable, the top is down.

Sponsored

shawn.m

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convert, 7.5 Dodge Ram
Used to ride till a nasty get off. No more bikes. Even switched to a RZR for off road.
Love driving on my Sierra foothill roads with top down. I get that open road feel that i used to have. This is only 2nd vert. First vert was a 330ci and went from that to 2018 gt vert. My wife exclaimed why didn't we do this earlier!
For hair - The wind screen is huge !

About to do a 1600 drive next week. Goal is to do most of it with top down.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
You are lucky to have a wife that enjoys driving with the top down! I too have always owned a convertible (if you will let me stretch that a bit to include my '83 T-top Mustang GT). And my wife (who I also been blessed to have been together with all this time too) always asks for the top to go up when she rides along with me :sadface:top down)
My wife goes both ways, depending on the car. Of the most recent convertibles, she liked the top down on my Lexus 430 SC, hates the Porsche 997, top up or down, and likes it about 25% of the time on the Mustang.

LRDV8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT
Sold my motorbike when my kids started taking too much of an interest in it, anyone who's ridden long enough knows someone that didn't make it back home. Switched to the mustang convertible and can honestly say, it's 90% fun without all the hassle of donning the safety gear and watching the weather. It's autumn (fall) here in Melbourne Australia and we love touring the local hills with the top down, the seat warmers on and the heating ALL the way up! We find that just as enjoyable (and a varied experience) to the warmer times of year. I find myself constantly taking the long way home any time I can.

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Best therapy going is a drive in a 6sp GT on a perfect spring/fall day, or warm summer evening... Days like that turn a drive into an adventurer every time.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Sold my motorbike when my kids started taking too much of an interest in it, anyone who's ridden long enough knows someone that didn't make it back home. Switched to the mustang convertible and can honestly say, it's 90% fun without all the hassle of donning the safety gear and watching the weather. It's autumn (fall) here in Melbourne Australia and we love touring the local hills with the top down, the seat warmers on and the heating ALL the way up! We find that just as enjoyable (and a varied experience) to the warmer times of year. I find myself constantly taking the long way home any time I can.
I always wore a helmet and protective clothing when I rode my motorcycles. I sure don't miss that! But, it saved me from some serious injury on a couple occasions. I just cringe when I see a couple on a motorcycle in shorts and flip-flops!

Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
My mom never liked my eldest (by 14 years) brother riding a bike and suggested that she would not be very happy with me riding, so being a dutiful son, I never rode, other than the very, very occasional scoot up and down a road on a friend's bike. I've had a few convertibles though, which she was okay with. My favourite bike moment was going out one day in my '75 MG Midget somewhere. It was kind of gray when I left so I didn't put the top down. At some point it started to absolutely pour. I pulled up at a light beside a guy on a bike and just looked up at him, and he looked at me, dry in the MG. He did not look very happy at all.

And my wife suggested getting the Mustang in a convertible and is quite happy riding with the top down at any temperature, provided she is dressed appropriately.

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
I was never really a fan of the S550 convertible, when I was looking for mine last summer, my wife really wanted us to get a convertible, but I just couldn't find one I liked. I think my bias towards them is how they look with the top up, it just kills the body lines for me. Now, with that said I got a coupe last summer and my wife ended up ordering a convertible. Mine is a run of the mill GT Performance Pack, her car may end up being a little more desirable down the road due to lower production numbers of the HPP cars, especially in the convertible. My car has had the Roush Phase 2 installed and a bunch of other modifications, her car will remain pretty much stock...gives us the best of both worlds, and I must admit after driving her car, I like the feel of it better than my GT, I like how smooth it is, how it seems to handle better, and dropping the top on a warn day or night it is just an awesome feeling. 99.9% of the time the top is down, its not a daily so it normally sits in the garage just waiting to go out for a spin!
cars.jpg

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
Great color. I also sprung for HPP vert after a guy on the street with full load GT vert MR said he liked his EB more.

I am so happy with it. Installed a resonator, upgraded amp and speakers and put wheels on it though I think I like stock wheels better.
At some point we are going to take off her OEM wheels and put on my PP1 wheels since they are just sitting in the garage.

kmetz77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Conv. 16 Cadi SRX 18 Cadi XT5
The first convertible I rode in was a 1989 Chrysler LeBaron GTC Turbo my parents bought. It was one of 700 Maserati prototypes. Fell in love with it. When was in my early 20's they gave it to me. (2001). have missed it since i got rid of it in 2004, and since i sold my Honda Goldwing to buy an RV 10 years ago I really wanted a convertible again. It's still cold in Northwestern Indiana, however it was sunny Wednesday so I had the top down at 50 degrees. Love the wind blowing, and hearing the sound of the exhaust in the GT! Wouldn't trade it for anything.
Sponsored