Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
I found what @Mustang Kev identified in this picture:

20200321_164341.jpg

Sure as hell looks like water would drain out of there. I put a screwdriver, wire hanger, and blew compressed air in that hole, nada.

I made a contraption with my shop vac and some PVC tubing and managed to suction out the remaining water (probably about 1/2 gallon) from the topside. I poured some water back in and suctioned some more and got water and debris, I did it a third time and got more debris. Next time I put in water, it drained out the bottom BUT ODDLY NOT FROM THE THING IN THE PICTURE. It was coming from behind the plastic piece, closest to the rear wheel, that is part of that plastic running board that runs between the front and rear wheel. I even poured water into the cavity on the driver side (was not flooded in the rainstorm) and saw the water drain from the same location on that side of the car?

So, my only questions/issues are:
1) I wonder if I cleared enough debris that my car won't be sloshing again the next heavy rain
2) Why does my drainage appear to not come from the thing that looks like it should be the drain
3) I couldn't see well enough into the cavity with the water to identify where the drain was inside the car to see if there was anymore crap blocking it
Sponsored