Sponsored

Not Level After Your Drop?

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This is sort of an adjunct to my other thread where I just installed a set of SVE Progressives for a 1" drop, along with a set of Koni Pro Actives. From what I've learned, the Springs are basically a set of rebadge Eibach Pros, so it's not as if they're some garbage made in China.

Anyway, I installed the setup, and the rear has settled about 1/4" to end up at 27". The front has not settled at all, even after clocking the bushings with an alignment, and numerous drives around town for the last couple weeks (~100mi). The front is still basically at 27.5", a full 1/2" higher then the rear.

I guess what I'm asking is, how many of you have had this issue with your drop?

And, did it eventually settle out and level itself after weeks or months of driving?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The fact that the front looks like it dropped only about 1/2" really has me a bit disappointed. The back does look like it dropped about 1", which is advertised. But the front.... makes me wonder why I spent the money and time to get almost the same thing.

The way I see it, I have 2 options. Just add some spacers to the back, and raise it back up 1/2" to match the front.

The second option, is to tear apart the front, cut the springs to get another 1/2" drop. Then, add some Steeda camber brackets to the rear, since the rear is at -2.7deg, and out of spec.

I honestly don't know what to do.

Last edited:

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks off. Did you verify by serial number that you have the correct springs? SVE is LMR —try giving them a call.

Also double check that you don’t have two sets of bumpstops on the struts too (you might scoff, but I read this one happening before).

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Looks off. Did you verify by serial number that you have the correct springs? SVE is LMR —try giving them a call.

Also double check that you don’t have two sets of bumpstops on the struts too (you might scoff, but I read this one happening before).
Yes, I rebuilt the struts myself. All done correctly. The alignment tech also inspected them to make sure everything was installed correctly. He also concurred everything looks good. Springs rotated into the lower isolators as required. The top isolators of course do not matter, since they are concentric 360 degrees.

When I got the springs, they were labelled for the S550 mustang. The front springs when side by side to the stock springs were also much shorter as expected. However, the springs being much stiffer, may be so stiff they just aren't settling/compressing as far as they should.

I'm going to drive the car for the next couple months and readily check the front height to see how much more they may settle, if at all. If they do not settle into spec, then I will install some Steeda spacers to the rear to raise it back up 1/2" to match the front.

If the front does settle into spec, then I will have to install some Steeda rear camber brackets to get the rear camber back into spec before it ruins my rear tires.

One last question. I've heard some guys actually pull the lower isolators and wrap the lower section of spring with thick piping/electrical tape on the front struts to get additional drop, with no ill effects. I guess this lack of front drop does happen on occasion. Not sure if I want to pull the struts again to do that. Have you ever seen anyone do this?
Sponsored