shobbs007

Forensicator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Race Red/PP; 2009 Tundra RW
Well o' knowledge - Trying to figure out what is going on here with my car, as I seem to have too much drop on the drivers side front after having my BMR Performance springs installed. Given that I didn't take measurements prior, :frusty: I've had to rely on my measurements now compared to some stock numbers posted in various threads.

It looks like my drivers side dropped about 1.6" compared to 1.1" on the passenger side. Passenger side is right as advertised and looks like some of the pics posted in the BMR thread. However, drivers side is noticeably lower, as the tire is tucked slightly up in to the fender well. Both rears dropped about .5" as expected.

To compound it, I had front/rear sways, end links and cradle lockout installed at the same time. I've got about 200 miles on it so far, with no alignment.

Short of being supplied a wrong spring, any ideas? Things to look for? Install was done by a reputable local shop.

Thanks,
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
To me it sounds like maybe you have too much preload in the sway bar.

Disconnect one of the sway bar end links....drive the car 5 miles, park on even surface and re-check.

While you are under there, check the spring part #'s. If they match, I am very sure it is not a spring issue. Every spring is checked for proper load height before they end up in your hands.

Keep us updated.

OP
OP

shobbs007

Forensicator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Bam! 3 minute reply! Thanks Kelly. Might be a couple days before I can check it, but will definitely report back.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
No problem my friend.

Rest assured, we will get it figured out...and if it is an issue on our end, you will get the proper stuff in your hands asap.

But usually, assuming everything is correct for the application, these issues are within the sway bar mounting. I see it alot when aftermarket sway bars with adjustable end links are installed, especially on a two post lift instead of a drive on lift and with suspension loaded.

Let us know! Good luck.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Kelly is this a bushing reclock issue?

OP
OP

shobbs007

Forensicator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Update...

Kelly for the win! I followed your advice and disconnected one side of the sway (more on this below). Immediately I saw a difference in how the car sat after putting it back on the ground. Went for a trip around the block and remeasured the ride height. Same on both sides.

However, I noticed that the boot on the top end of the link was torn. Grease running out and down the link, so not good. Also, the lower end of the link was put in the sway bar from the wrong side. I suspect the incorrect install on the bottom is what caused the boot to tear on the top, from the force on it. So factory link went back on.

Now curious, I checked the passenger side and sure enough, link was installed the same as the drivers side, and the top boot torn as well. Not only that, but the link had a small gouge in it were it was rubbing on the sway. Yanked that one off to and put the stocker back on. Road tested and ride height cured.

Kelly, is there any way to replace one end of the links?

Sponsored