Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Normal is not the new normal.
Exactly sport + or track the only modes I can find ?

I've never checked MPG, ever what a colossal waste of time.
Sponsored

robot3201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I recently got the Ford Performance tune/calibration with the new throttle body so I could keep my warranty. Normal mode now drives like it should have from the start. Smooth shifts and not sluggish at all. Before I couldn't stand normal.
Would you say the tune is worth it for the extra 19 horses gained on the GT?

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Would you say the tune is worth it for the extra 19 horses gained on the GT?
Not for the hp. For the tourqe and better shifting/throttle response while still getting a warranty? Yes.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Sorry, I should've clarified I drive an EcoBoost with the 10-Speed. Black Accent Package, so zero performance pack perks. I suppose I find the throttle response on non-Normal too sensitive for my liking. I guess for my enjoyment, I'm content with Normal Mode and Sport Steering for the immediate time being. But maybe in the future when I can take the proper time to learn them, I may take a liking towards the other settings?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Looks like I'm the only one who drive his Mustang in Normal mode and Steering on Comfort setting.
Nope. Me too. And sport exhaust mode, of course :). But as I mentioned, if the stupid MagneRide modes were independent, I'd drive in sport driving mode all the time, like I do on my other vehicles.

Sponsored

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
if the stupid MagneRide modes were independent
No kidding. And why is the steering mode locked down in every drive mode except Normal.

It may be weird but while I think the enhanced throttle response is kinda gimmicky, I do like the muted one.

I don't have MyModes but if I did and everything was independent like it should be I would have:
  1. (Parking lots, w/ speed bumps) Wet/Snow drive mode, Normal suspension, Comfort steering, Normal exhaust
  2. (Driving) Sport drive mode, Sport suspension, Normal steering, Track exhaust
I don't drive in Track mode cuz I want traction control on. And I don't feel any difference between Sport and Track with the adaptive dampers anyways.

But Sport steering seems overly weighted, and Sport exhaust is too raspy for me.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
On my Eco-stangs the change from 'Normal' to 'Sport' was a pronounced difference as it would light the turbo up quicker when you touched the accelerator. On my GT I barely notice a difference... M6, non-MR and non-AE so not much to adjust I guess.

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
No kidding. And why is the steering mode locked down in every drive mode except Normal.

It may be weird but while I think the enhanced throttle response is kinda gimmicky, I do like the muted one.

I don't have MyModes but if I did and everything was independent like it should be I would have:
  1. (Parking lots, w/ speed bumps) Wet/Snow drive mode, Normal suspension, Comfort steering, Normal exhaust
  2. (Driving) Sport drive mode, Sport suspension, Normal steering, Track exhaust
I don't drive in Track mode cuz I want traction control on. And I don't feel any difference between Sport and Track with the adaptive dampers anyways.

But Sport steering seems overly weighted, and Sport exhaust is too raspy for me.

That's really funny, need a parking lot mode who's driving the car ?

I think you purchased the wrong car.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Exactly sport + or track the only modes I can find ?

I've never checked MPG, ever what a colossal waste of time.
Totally different car in Sport + or track mode. Fast hard hits, no hunting for gears when excelerating. The best ride for my driving in my 2019, GT Premium PP1

Sponsored

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Treigh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang HPP
Various vendors sell it online including ford performance themselves. I got mine from Levittown Ford Parts. Problem is they are so popular they sell out fast then end up in backorder for months. I got lucky when I got mine.
All you have to do is have a Ford dealer or have an ase licensed mechanic install it to keep the warranty.
Theres really no videos on it except for 1 that I've found.
Funny I actually work at Levittown Ford

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Another vote for normal mode but with a manual I don't suffer the penalty of a sluggish gearbox in normal. But sport or above around here beats the snot out of you in the city on our roads. But I do like the throttle response. I had read somewhere that sport is probably over accentuated throttle response and that normal and track have similar characteristics (just on the throttle response)

And has anyone figured out a forscan hack or something to allow magneride to be set independent of driving mode?

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
With my 2018 A10, Sport + is borderline unbearable as it feels like I'm hitting a pothole every time the damn thing shifts. I've been planning to go to the dealer and see if they can update the software. In normal mode it's frustrating because it wants to jump to 10th at low speed unless you are really stabbing the pedal and holding it. When I want spirited driving, I generally put the gear selector in S and shift with the paddles. I like the better responsiveness of S+ but it's ridiculous how it bangs into gear. Too annoying for me really. Maybe an update will smooth it out. I bought it used, so don't know if it's had an update or not.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
With my 2018 A10, Sport + is borderline unbearable as it feels like I'm hitting a pothole every time the damn thing shifts. I've been planning to go to the dealer and see if they can update the software. In normal mode it's frustrating because it wants to jump to 10th at low speed unless you are really stabbing the pedal and holding it. When I want spirited driving, I generally put the gear selector in S and shift with the paddles. I like the better responsiveness of S+ but it's ridiculous how it bangs into gear. Too annoying for me really. Maybe an update will smooth it out. I bought it used, so don't know if it's had an update or not.
For me, if I want a soft shift ride, I drive my daily driver. But when I drive my mustang I want it to shift and down speed rev like a sport car. Just me.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
For me, if I want a soft shift ride, I drive my daily driver. But when I drive my mustang I want it to shift and down speed rev like a sport car. Just me.
I like revs. I'm coming off 3 back to back Infiniti G37's that have a 7K redline. I've never had a car that feels like you are hitting something when it changes gears. I love speed and performance, but it shouldn't feel like a speedbump when it changes gears. "Positive" changes are fine. This is poor design/quality IMHO. There is a TSB for harsh gear changes so I don't think it's a positive feature that is indicative of a sports car.
Sponsored