Sponsored

Acceleration, normal vs sport plus

lockwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2019 Bullitt, 2018 BMW M2, 2019 MX5 RFGT
I know changing the ‘mode’, changes throttle response. But does a 2018/19 manual GT accelerate faster in ‘sport+’ or ‘track’ mode than in normal mode.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I know changing the ‘mode’, changes throttle response. But does a 2018/19 manual GT accelerate faster in ‘sport+’ or ‘track’ mode than in normal mode.
WOT open throttle is the same in both modes. So no, it does not. But the opening on the throttle at sub-100% pedal travels are different....

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If you have MagneRide...........and use Drag mode, it'll soften the rear shocks so you get a better launch so, in theory, that make you a little quicker in the 1/4 or to 60.

However, there are so many variables involved that its probably just easier to state.....no, the modes won't make it faster.

:)

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
It's my understanding that the different modes affect the throttle response, but I'm not sure how.
Ford Performance offers a tune for 18+ GT's with the larger throttle bodies, and one of the things it is supposed to affect is the throttle response. Makes me wonder if the different modes really do effect the throttle response.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
i don't think so. the A10 cars will be faster in track or drag mode due to shifts but the actual power is the same as far as i'm aware

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
It's my understanding that the different modes affect the throttle response, but I'm not sure how.
Ford Performance offers a tune for 18+ GT's with the larger throttle bodies, and one of the things it is supposed to affect is the throttle response. Makes me wonder if the different modes really do effect the throttle response.
There’s an increase in current throttle response without the power pack. The power pack will simply increase it further.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
It has different maps for %gas pedal travel vs. throttle opening - they meet in the same 100% spot anyway. Anyone that drove vehicle with driving modes knows that modes do affect throttle response. It's impossible to miss.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
A vehicle equipped with a manual trans can only accelerate as fast as the driver can shift. Drive modes and throttle mapping won’t matter if the driver bungles shift points or misses a shift.

:like:

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Shift points are faster with sport plus with an automatic so you will see a difference if you're talking at a stop light or something. Plus throttle response. Manual obviously shifts are on the driver.

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
What I was a bit confused about is the “S” on the gear shifter in the A10 autos.
You can put the car in Sport + and leave just the gear in D, putting in S should generate what type of outcome?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
What I was a bit confused about is the “S” on the gear shifter in the A10 autos.
You can put the car in Sport + and leave just the gear in D, putting in S should generate what type of outcome?
The manual explains the difference. The shifter in S while in “normal” mode gives increased throttle response, switching to “Sport+” mode increases throttle response further. However, putting the shifter in S allows full manual control of shifting via the paddles (the computer won’t take back over after a few seconds, and will only do so if you’re about to stall out) - this part is universal for all drive modes.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
The manual explains the difference. The shifter in S while in “normal” mode gives increased throttle response, switching to “Sport+” mode increases throttle response further. However, putting the shifter in S allows full manual control of shifting via the paddles (the computer won’t take back over after a few seconds, and will only do so if you’re about to stall out) - this part is universal for all drive modes.
Good to know, but it’s silly I think. It’s like too many options. I mean you can drive in “D” and have the car in Sport +. So that’s why I’m saying other than than the paddle shifters why have S and the S+...

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Good to know, but it’s silly I think. It’s like too many options. I mean you can drive in “D” and have the car in Sport +. So that’s why I’m saying other than than the paddle shifters why have S and the S+...
When I’m with my wife or don’t want to use Sport + for extra comfort and need to pass some person, I change from D to S. After passing the traffic, I go back to D.

That’s just one way to use S.
Sponsored