Sponsored

Next Car?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
With this thread being resurrected, I checked my earlier post and saw that I planned to keep the Toyota. Well plans change and I traded for a 2021 Camaro. I like small, light cars, but I'm enjoying the Camaro a lot more than the Toyota as a daily. I love the dual mode exhaust, it's optioned with the Bose stereo and the suspension is firm the way I prefer. It's a lot more fun driving around in a V8 car vs. the flat 4. Yes, visibility isn't as good, but it doesn't bother me at all.

For a future vehicle, I'm still leaning toward something along the lines of a kit car. I realize insurance and crashworthiness could be issues. It would probably be nice days / track only.
Sponsored

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
Im a former owner who owns a Bronco and wants back in

name a better car than a Manual Mustang GT convertible, Ill wait
A manual mustang GT coupe.

My first 2 mustangs were verts.....absolutely hated the soft tops.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Wait you're no longer in the GR86? Wow I missed the announcement
I didn't start a thread to announce it or anything.

Yep, the Toybaru is gone. This might be a silly reason to get rid of a car, but I figured out that the thing still has no crash rating after being sold here for well over a year. I didn't realize they could do that. Well, and I have to admit that probably the bigger reason is it's fun to change cars.

I didn't want another Mustang. One is enough for the moment. I really like the Camaro. It's a lot of fun even with the snow tires on it. After daily driving it for a few weeks I've changed a lot of my opinions on Camaros in general. Maybe this is the first 6 Gen I've driven, but it's a lot better than I remember from previous Camaro test drives.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe this is the first 6 Gen I've driven, but it's a lot better than I remember from previous Camaro test drives.
Both f and gm departed.greatly from gen 5 such that you could scarce call them by their original name, IMO

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
17 F5 Cobra, 93 Fox race car, 21 Mach 1, 23 F150
Ive already built a Factory 5 427W 5sp Cobra. If I was going to replace the Mach 1, I'd dive into another adventure, prolly build an RCR GT40. Or perhaps the 917 or the Superlite SL-C. The Porsche would be amazing to build, the SL-C would be cool because it is a home-built race car (not a replica of anything) but the GT40 has my heart.

PXL_20220510_175320129.jpg

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Ive already built a Factory 5 427W 5sp Cobra. If I was going to replace the Mach 1, I'd dive into another adventure, prolly build an RCR GT40. Or perhaps the 917 or the Superlite SL-C. The Porsche would be amazing to build, the SL-C would be cool because it is a home-built race car (not a replica of anything) but the GT40 has my heart.

PXL_20220510_175320129.jpg
Excellent! I've always wanted to build a Cobra kit car, but I don't have quite the skill set to accomplish it. There is guy I used to see at local car meets who build one with a 572 Chevy and TH400. The Cobra purists just go nuts when he shows up.

Sponsored

SilverSurfer410

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CJ
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
I've honestly been checking out the 2014 Camaro Z/28. Next car has to be very performance oriented and something rare to keep me interested for a long time. I think the Z/28 checks those boxes
camaro.jpg