Next Car?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I've honestly been checking out the 2014 Camaro Z/28. Next car has to be very performance oriented and something rare to keep me interested for a long time. I think the Z/28 checks those boxes
camaro.jpg
If you want a light, very track capable car right out the box, thatā€™s a great choice.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Since I started the thread thought Iā€™d share what I got! Still a MT 6 speed!!!

IMG_8803.jpeg

IMG_8853.jpeg

IMG_8915.jpeg

IMG_8912.jpeg
Iā€™m not a huge Bimmer fan but I actually donā€™t mind the beaver teeth. Iā€™m probably in the minority there. Guy that lives behind me has an M4 (black so the teeth blend in a bit) and it looks pretty good

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm currently digging the '24 M4 Competition car. I like the '24 M2 as well, but not as much as the M4 Comp.
Didn't think of it at the time, but,..........a '19 ZR1. A low mileage/stock car.
(I could never afford it these days anyways. lol The prices are stupid and beyond stupid. šŸ˜µ)

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Didn't think of it at the time, but,..........a '19 ZR1. A low mileage/stock car.
(I could never afford it these days anyways. lol The prices are stupid and beyond stupid. šŸ˜µ)
Love the C7 ZR1. Prices here are super crazy too. Not as bad as they once were but still crazy.

OP
OP
Velocityblue5oh

Velocityblue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Beautiful, beautiful car!! Love the IOMG, looks killer.

What are your thoughts on the car?
Likes/dislikes?
Loving it so far!
-Geared better then the mustang. (car is also a 6 speed)
-No misaligned panel gaps
-Better overall quality both interior and exterior
-Technology (also a con will explain in dislikes)
-Faster
-Fun to drive and will let you drift if you let it
-Wow factor, lots of attention from people on the road/parking lot
-Low end torque!
Dislikes:
-No V8 :(
-Confusing infotainment (counterintuitive to what I said earlier but the infotainment in the BMW requires a degree in engineering to use and Im 27 lol)
-Difficulty of Modding (the tech in the BMW requires shipping out your DME to unlock and tune unless you use a piggyback tuner)
-Maintenance Cost
-Part Availability
-Cost :(

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Loving it so far!
-Faster
-Low end torque!
Dislikes:
-Confusing infotainment (counterintuitive to what I said earlier but the infotainment in the BMW requires a degree in engineering to use and Im 27 lol)
-Difficulty of Modding (the tech in the BMW requires shipping out your DME to unlock and tune unless you use a piggyback tuner)
-Maintenance Cost
-Part Availability
Awesome.
Thanks for your feedback.

Enjoy your car, she's a beauty. šŸ‘

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Loving it so far!
-Faster
-Low end torque!
Dislikes:
-Maintenance Cost
-Part Availability
I love it, beaver teeth and all... they kind of grow on you and add to the aggressive look. That color kicks ass. You can still use a JB4 tuner, as long as you aren't going nuts with mods. Did you get the standard seats or the ones with the real high sides?

Welcome to the Bimmer club. Now you will have to learn not to use turn signals!

OP
OP
Velocityblue5oh

Velocityblue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
I love it, beaver teeth and all... they kind of grow on you and add to the aggressive look. That color kicks ass. You can still use a JB4 tuner, as long as you aren't going nuts with mods. Did you get the standard seats or the ones with the real high sides?

Welcome to the Bimmer club. Now you will have to learn not to use turn signals!
Me too! I didn't think any car could look more aggressive then the 18 and up s550's but in person this car is so sinister looking and wide that it makes the mustang look tame in a way. I got the standard seats! The Carbon buckets are surprisingly comfortable but was a hassle to get in and out of so I opted for the standard premium! I wasn't planning on pushing crazy numbers anyway so JB4 for me! She's plenty fast already.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Me too! I didn't think any car could look more aggressive then the 18 and up s550's but in person this car is so sinister looking and wide that it makes the mustang look tame in a way. I got the standard seats! The Carbon buckets are surprisingly comfortable but was a hassle to get in and out of so I opted for the standard premium! I wasn't planning on pushing crazy numbers anyway so JB4 for me! She's plenty fast already.
When I took my Z4 in for service, I sat in an M3 with the carbon seats... not for me... I'm old and fat.
You will be surprised about the performance, B58 and S58 models tend to be faster than published numbers.

One of the guys in our local BMW club has an M3 Competition Xdrive in the same green color as yours, with black wheels. I had a ride in it and it is nuts! I told him I'm buying it from him when he decides to sell in a couple years.

Last edited:

Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
17 F5 Cobra, 93 Fox race car, 21 Mach 1, 23 F150
Excellent! I've always wanted to build a Cobra kit car, but I don't have quite the skill set to accomplish it. There is guy I used to see at local car meets who build one with a 572 Chevy and TH400. The Cobra purists just go nuts when he shows up.
The purists would hate my car. I didnt build it as a replica... it's my idea of what I want my car to be. Just the 2 fat polished stainless roll bars has made some purists roll their eyes.

I've seen quite a few people with very little mechanical skill build these cars. That's one cool thing about it... you can do it the way you want to, and alter plans to remain in your own skill set. Dont understand engines? Get a crate drivetrain, ready to install. Hate bodywork? There's a half dozen places across the country that have years of experience with the Factory 5's.

I know of 2 F5's local to me that have gone nuts in the power department. One is not on the road yet, but he has a Whipple supercharged Gen2 Coyote with a 6 speed. Engine dynoed at 950 hp. Mind you, car weighs 2250 lbs. Another guy has a Jon Kasse built 460 iron block bored to 50-something with ITB's. He gets 6 mpg.

Go build one, man. There is a special pride in building up from a bare frame that just buying or modifying can never match. And tell the purists to KYA when you outrun and out handle them. :like:
Sponsored