XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
TVR Sagaris

but really, an imported FD2 Civic Type R as a weekend car. A S550 50th Anniversary or Bullitt, something rarer than the typical S550. The S197 would still be the daily. Would love to replace my wife’s 2016 Accord with something of the like, but not another Accord, the new one is ugly. Maybe a Mazda CX50, looks awesome.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
If we got TVR's here in the states I would love to own a Griffith.

dsc_3226.jpeg

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
A '19 or newer Miata. '19 is when they revised the SkyActiv 2.0 to rev more like a Miata.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
If I buy something non-Mustang for a fun car I might go something non-MT as well. Something like a new M3\M4 Competition X-drive, Carrera 4S, GTR. Definitely would want AWD so I could drive it easily in all weather. If I had to go more on a budget then maybe RS3, Golf R, WRX in that order. If I could actually get an allocation and afford a GT3RS or GT4RS, they top my list right now. Though those two aren't AWD so I'd still need to keep my truck. Plus they might get more track time than street time.

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Next is probably something responsible that I can drive virtually anywhere at any time. Explorer ST has made its way onto the list, as has a Porsche Macan. But I probably need a home I can call mine before I have 3 vehicles in the fleet. Or I could be very responsible and buy my mom a car.

Absolute grail car is a 2017+ Audi R8. Since it's going the way of the dinosaurs at the end of the year, unsure if/when I can make that happen. But with some smart finances, I can pour money into savings after I get my student loans paid off.

With you on the want for a Termi. And I love the warehouse idea. I've joked that I want a car for each day of the week and honestly, it's trending that way lol.

Maybe you just need better tires? I very rarely spin my 305 PS4Ss.

You know you will be 😂
I'm running PS4S tires as well. Can't launch the A10 above 2000 RPM even if I tried.

Sponsored

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
I'm running PS4S tires as well. Can't launch the A10 above 2000 RPM even if I tried.
Ah, there's the difference - I'm just going off the foot brake all times.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, there's the difference - I'm just going off the foot brake all times.
Same issue, A10 Mach 1 with Flex tune on E85 and I cannot get this thing to hook through the first 3 gears! She Pulls like a raped ape! LOL
I'm on 275 PS4S's that came stock. Next year I'll upgrade to 295 rear and 265 front Continental DW Sports

BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - PP1 - Manual
7. 992 GT3 - Performance wise this is very close to a GT3 RS in the hands of a mare mortal and even Porsche laps on the Nurburgring are within 10 seconds of each other but the GT3 is way cheaper than an GT3 RS though Porsche increased the pricing a lot this year pushing the pricing of GT3 well over 200 000 euro.
I'm really hoping to get into a 911 within the next 5 years. This really is such a dilemma haha. I've gone back and forth wondering if I would really need the "RS" on the GT3RS...or if I would really need the "S" on the Turbo. It's almost $60k more for a new GT3RS in the US, which really makes you think if that 60k is worth it over the standard GT3 for a street driven car that likely will never see 100% effort.

Just hoping I'll be able to comfortably spend $150-200k on a car in the next few years. 🙏

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
There is an older white one of these driving around my city. Two younger guys in it (think baseball hat kind). We were at a red light and we both left the intersection at a standard pace. Then he decides to give it, so I gave it. The older V10s were only like 550hp or something like that so I caught him within 30-50 feet then pulled him to the next light. He didn't wave or thumbs up or anything, he just made a left hand turn without even looking at me LOL

Just a note of caution; those cars are loud. I mean LOUD!!! I could hear him over my own engine that is how loud an R8 screams!!! It's a VERY European-sounding car.
I wonder what 10 years of maintenance and repairs would cost on that thing.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really hoping to get into a 911 within the next 5 years. This really is such a dilemma haha. I've gone back and forth wondering if I would really need the "RS" on the GT3RS...or if I would really need the "S" on the Turbo. It's almost $60k more for a new GT3RS in the US, which really makes you think if that 60k is worth it over the standard GT3 for a street driven car that likely will never see 100% effort.

Just hoping I'll be able to comfortably spend $150-200k on a car in the next few years. 🙏

992 GT3 is 10 seconds slower than GT3 RS on the Nurburgring half of that $60k get you a 992 GT3 MR which narrow the gap to 5 or so seconds. So we can say that $60k for 10 seconds is a fair price. The issue with the GT3 RS is not the price difference is the lack of allocations same as the GT4 RS.
I don't think I will ever be good enough to explore that difference in lap times in real life.

Sponsored

Tom M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium 'vert
At my age, I'm thinking my sports car days are about done. Got another couple years to think about it, but I'll probably be looking for a sedan of some kind. I refuse to get any type of SUV!

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Mazda MX5 hard top targa retractable .
Manual.
I miss having a light small nimble car.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Im a former owner who owns a Bronco and wants back in

name a better car than a Manual Mustang GT convertible, Ill wait
Depends on what you're looking for. The Supra is probably the closest competitor with Camora out of the mix. Supra needs the targa top though. For a little more money a Porsche 718 Boxster is a bit lighter but only has a 4cyl turbo. Otherwise you'd have to jump to the Boxster GTS 4.0 but that's $100K if you're lucky. Mustang remains a bargain when you look at what else is available.

At my age, I'm thinking my sports car days are about done. Got another couple years to think about it, but I'll probably be looking for a sedan of some kind. I refuse to get any type of SUV!
I know a guy who just retired from track driving in his 80's. He still plans to drive a Mustang as he has a Dark Horse auto on order. If you go sedan you could grab a Charger before they are done otherwise I vote for the M3 Comp w x-drive.

JoeSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, Manual
Depends on what you're looking for. The Supra is probably the closest competitor with Camora out of the mix. Supra needs the targa top though. For a little more money a Porsche 718 Boxster is a bit lighter but only has a 4cyl turbo. Otherwise you'd have to jump to the Boxster GTS 4.0 but that's $100K if you're lucky. Mustang remains a bargain when you look at what else is available.
and thats the thing, other than an 93? M3 (right one?) or a Camaro vert or a dime a dozen whorevette, gotta go deep into the past for a rwd manual na v8 convertible.

Half my cars have been turbo 4bangers, only one V8 (Ram), so like I said, wanna get a NA V8 next car and like verts
Sponsored