Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
but the water damage was already present during last 2 battery changes, I havnt washed in washing machine since before the previous battery change. Lol
whatever though.
Hey ................ At least it's COVID-19 free. :crackup:
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Once initialized, the "check for updates" will tell you that you have the current version. Gives time and date of latest upgrade.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Not here, just tried again.
I guess it doesn't matter, unless another update comes along I suppose and the system thinks you are still running the old version......

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I've never been able to confirm my update using the website, despite successfully installing the updates. Each time, to include the most recent update, I called the Sync helpline and they updated my file manually--may be an overseas thing, not sure. You may have to convince them that they are able to annotate your file manually, as some techs are not aware.

After calling in this most recent update I learned two things: 1) Ford is aware that there is a problem (at least some techs are) and are working to fix it; 2) It really isn't a necessary step. New updates do not rely on previous versions. So, even if the system thinks you're two or three updates behind, the newest file will still bring you up to date. As for being able to use your VIN to check whether you need an update, you can simply compare the version listed on your unit to the one listed on the website.

Opinion: Based on #2 above, uploading the post-update file to Ford/Sync probably provides useful data for them to sell.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
After calling in this most recent update I learned two things: 1) Ford is aware that there is a problem (at least some techs are) and are working to fix it; 2) It really isn't a necessary step. New updates do not rely on previous versions. So, even if the system thinks you're two or three updates behind, the newest file will still bring you up to date. As for being able to use your VIN to check whether you need an update, you can simply compare the version listed on your unit to the one listed on the website.
Depending on the SYNC sytem you are using , Nav and No Nav, the files may be different. That why you need to enter the VIN, this assures you that you will get the correct download your cars needs.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone confirmed the update on Ford sync site by uploading the xml file (usb install)?
I get "Upload failed. Please try again later. " when I try to do it. I did find it in the SyncMyRide folder...

Also, installation was very quick for me, it said "installing" for a few minutes only... and then "you can remove the usb media, the system will be updated at next restart" or something.

Thanks

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Depending on the SYNC sytem you are using , Nav and No Nav, the files may be different. That why you need to enter the VIN, this assures you that you will get the correct download your cars needs.
I agree when it comes to downloading the update. However, it is not necessary for checking to see if you need it. If you fall behind, you will automatically be directed to the most recent update for your vehicle. Therefore, falling behind on documenting your version does not have any significant impact.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
A minor update...

I'm sure the geeks here are aware of these gotchas but for everyone else, here's what I found when I tried to update on our '18 SD with nav. I decided to drive the truck rather than let it idle and while driving, I hit "Audio." Dumb. That killed the update and I got the "failed, try again or call this 800 number" message.

I did..total waste of time, don't bother, they are zero help. Checklist readers and even after twenty minutes of useless questions, the person said her system didn't recognize the INSTL_ERR14 code. Worthless.

Re-built the USB stick from the ZIP file and tried again. No joy, same failure message.

Elected to try a second 64gb stick, formatted it, and re-extracted the files. Stuck it in the truck and in about five seconds, "Update Complete." So, as Don mentioned earlier, the system does remember where it left off.

So, you don't have to be in Park, you can drive or not, just DON'T touch the display. And, if you get a failure and can't restart with the originally extracted stick, try a different one, that will probably work.

Sponsored

DJ_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Dumb question: I have a '19 GT base with the small screen (not touchscreen).. Should I still get the Sync update, would it change anything ?

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
I haven't got a chance to install on the GT500 yet but did install the update via USB on my 2020 F250. Same version with NAV and had no problems.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I have the update and I cant see any difference

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
@Tomster ........ Our cars are now slower. The extra weight of the data heave down load is the issue. :facepalm:
Sponsored