Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hi. How exactly are you doing this update in your car settings while parked outside?
Thanks
If it's free I'll do a download to a USB drive as I always have. WiFi has never worked for me. If there is a charge (There will probably be) I'm going to pass for now. Now going anywhere that an update is needed.

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
you have to go to syncnavigation.com/ford, enter your VIN, and download the map file and license onto a 16GB (bigger preferred)usb3.0 flash drive.
then plug it into the USB port in front of the shifter, start the car and it will pop up on the screen if you want to update.

Note:
You will need to have SYNC already at ver 3.4
It will take roughly an hour so make sure you have enough gas for the car to idle for an hour

Edit: Added the Map/license download instructions and the Map update instructions.
Edit: Instructions say it takes 60 minutes, mine only took 20 minutes to install.

20220919_125050.jpg
20220919_125101.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
you have to go to syncnavigation.com/ford, enter your VIN, and download the map file and license onto a 16GB (bigger preferred)usb3.0 flash drive.
then plug it into the USB port in front of the shifter, start the car and it will pop up on the screen if you want to update.

Note:
It will take roughly an hour so make sure you have enough gas for the car to idle for an hour
Yup I'm go to go. Just need some time. My download was free, again. I'm not complaining.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Please don't run your engine just to do updates.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2

Note:
Thank you. My dealership Service Rep said I could do with car only outside going into settings but I forgot how he said to do it. I will Download to a Thumb Drive.
Thanks

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1

Note:
Idle for an hour? Hell No! I use that time to drive to the Gulf Coast and get myself some fresh scallops for lunch.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Idle for an hour? Hell No! I use that time to drive to the Gulf Coast and get myself some fresh scallops for lunch.
This is the way.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. Why give up a chance to go out for a nice drive?
If the update can be done while driving, count me in. Hell I only have 1428 miles on my car (I know sad) but I really do like driving it, when I have time if course. Lol

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Ford paperwork does state the engine has to be running (I am assuming to keep from killing the battery)
It also states you can drive during the update but some Sync/navigation features would be disabled until complete
A/c controls will work normally at this time
Fixed the images that didn't load on my last post

Last edited:

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Thank you. My dealership Service Rep said I could do with car only outside going into settings but I forgot how he said to do it. I will Download to a Thumb Drive.
Thanks
Sync software can be update via WIFI in your garage, however, the Maps update is 15GB+ and is too large to download via WIFI, you will need to download the update to a Flash drive and update manually. i included the instructions above

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Sync software can be update via WIFI in your garage, however, the Maps update is 15GB+ and is too large to download via WIFI, you will need to download the update to a Flash drive and update manually. i included the instructions above
Thats what I will do. Do you know if we can drive the car around for an hour during the update?

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Thats what I will do. Do you know if we can drive the car around for an hour during the update?
according to the Ford update manual, you can drive it around like normal, Some Sync functions and Navigation will be disabled (A/c will work as normal)
Sponsored