Sponsored

New supercharger kit from Hamburger's Superchargers premiering at SEMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Centri with a ice tank.. Skies the limit.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Makes sense. But, and I know this is of zero importance, but it’s interesting that Hamburger is bringing it back when Vortech abandoned it…I’d have thought a water cooled option (and expense) would be of interest to VT or PC (or maybe ESS) maybe to differentiate or appeal to some folks as a higher-end kit. But I’ve hardly heard it discussed on this thread where it was the first thing I noticed. Anyway, it is what it is and probably will remain untouched as a subject, kind of like the significant difference in design of PD blowers Roots vs TS which also is apparently not an issue that anyone is interested in. In that case I think it’s because the TVS has made the traditional advantages of the TS moot or nearly so. Just a guess.
Look at how many people are installing killer Chiller, Ice pack kits ETC. People running FI systems want the coolest IAT possible, and I cannot blame them. Inlet temp kills HP. I like the ESS system which I know does not have a ATW system, but I haven't heard anyone mention high IAT issues.

Sponsored

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
I think his question is why is water needed versus other centris at similar HP levels using a/a. It is a trade off for more complexity for better cooling capacity, why wouldn't a/a work unless it makes much more heat? Perhaps it is something different.
This unit is smaller so it needs to spin faster and generates more heat compared to others/bigger centris at the same cfm.

OP
OP
itsdapk

itsdapk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
First Name
PK
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang, 2021 Jeep Mojave, 2019 Ram
This unit is smaller so it needs to spin faster and generates more heat compared to others/bigger centris at the same cfm.
You have no idea. There are no touching parts due to the Non Newtonian fluid. The fluid creates the traction, hence, no whine. All that whine is making heat. There isn't a more efficient kit out there when compared stock for stock.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Water has 13 times the heat dissipating capacity of air.
It is also unnecessary for a centrifugal, as the Procharger stage 2 air to air intercooler demonstrates.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ours basically is a belt driven turbo without all the heat!
uhh, the Laws of Physics are universally applicable. You may be shedding heat a different way but it's still being produced.

I'm surprised nobody has resorted to the refrigerant method that the Dodge guys have for their kits.

Sponsored
OP
OP
itsdapk

itsdapk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
PK
Vehicle(s)
You do realize that every other manufacturer of Supercharger kits use Flywheel HP numbers for their kits. Roush, Whipple, Vortech, Procharger are all Flywheel numbers.
Correct . Also we use a Superflow emissions dyno. Give me 10 different dynos, you'll get pretty much get 10 different numbers. This is a definite fact after 20 years in the business. Most people, not all, will go to the dyno shop that has the tendency to make the most power for the internet. :wink:
I don't think that will ever change. We are not the company for people who are only chasing horsepower.

OP
OP
itsdapk

itsdapk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
PK
Vehicle(s)
For 21 or 22?
both unfortunately. Spoke with HP last week at SEMA in our meeting. I'll have to confirm it might be just 22. Whichever is running the new security protocols that just came out. I know they said Mach and F150 in our meeting. Too much info over the week. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
itsdapk

itsdapk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
PK
Vehicle(s)
He didn't ask what it was, just how much it holds?

So...how much ketchup that thing take?
1 liter and needs to be changed every 24k miles. For road race guys, I'd check it a little more often just to see how its doing after a big track weekend. The fluid will get darker when it needs to be changed. That would be your gauge. But 90% are good at 24k miles or 2 years.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
When it's a 100+ outside most would disagree.
When I ran at the strip in the Summer it was 93 degrees. Even hot lapping my IAT temps were never more than 20 degrees over ambient. Even the announcer commented how my car went faster hot lapping. Cool as a cucumber.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.