GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I usually do my own research on the parts and then untick the VIN check because it throws up lots of incompatibilities even when the parts are fine. Tasca also don't hold the parts so you generally have to wait, so my order I placed 6 days ago has just been shipped.

OP
OP
Dannyh1991

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I usually do my own research on the parts and then untick the VIN check because it throws up lots of incompatibilities even when the parts are fine. Tasca also don't hold the parts so you generally have to wait, so my order I placed 6 days ago has just been shipped.
I have just received an email saying the parts ordered wouldn't be compatible, it's a good job I saw this before replying to them

It's strange how those parts appear when I search using my VIN, those parts numbers are the same as Levittown Ford quoted me. But it confused me how they're somehow now not compatible after everything shows otherwise. Lol

OP
OP
Dannyh1991

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Might as well do a brake fluid change while you’re at it.
Not a bad shout, it will need to be bled anyway. Do these have any special bleed or fluid change procedures?

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have just received an email saying the parts ordered wouldn't be compatible, it's a good job I saw this before replying to them

It's strange how those parts appear when I search using my VIN, those parts numbers are the same as Levittown Ford quoted me. But it confused me how they're somehow now not compatible after everything shows otherwise. Lol
We have completely different part numbers too, it's a way for Ford to discourage us from buying from the US, so they can charge double or triple the price from UK dealers.

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
We have completely different part numbers too, it's a way for Ford to discourage us from buying from the US, so they can charge double or triple the price from UK dealers.
all suppliers do the same, it is very vexing.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Not a bad shout, it will need to be bled anyway. Do these have any special bleed or fluid change procedures?
Usually it’s furthest caliper first from the master cylinder. Then onto the next caliper that’s furthest and so on and so on. Last one should be closest to BMC. Not sure what the orientation is on a UK car.

OP
OP
Dannyh1991

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Parts have been delivered, was quite quick tbf, will definitely use Tasca again, thanks for the suggestion. £80 customs fees which at about £430 overall is still cheaper than buying parts here. And all looks about right for now, pads look to be the same as what's currently on the car and they sit into the new calipers.

Just need to get some brake fluid and find some time to get them changed, I'll let you know how it goes.
PXL_20230522_171504154.jpg

PXL_20230522_131649217~2.jpg
PXL_20230522_131746433~2.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Parts have been delivered, was quite quick tbf, will definitely use Tasca again, thanks for the suggestion. £80 customs fees which at about £430 overall is still cheaper than buying parts here. And all looks about right for now, pads look to be the same as what's currently on the car and they sit into the new calipers.

Just need to get some brake fluid and find some time to get them changed, I'll let you know how it goes.
PXL_20230522_171504154.jpg

PXL_20230522_131649217~2.jpg
PXL_20230522_131746433~2.jpg
I bet the ‘incompatibility’ just comes down the colour.

The American PP cars get black rear callipers which we also get, but you wouldn’t really know (even when new) unless you looked really closely.

The black paint is that thinly applied you can still see the zinc showing through.

(like my silver / black door cards) I actually thought I had one of each, but it just depended which side of the car was in the sun or not … lol

More obvious under workshop / indirect lighting - which did confirm both sides are black :

1684785939671.jpeg

WD :like:

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Parts have been delivered, was quite quick tbf, will definitely use Tasca again, thanks for the suggestion.
Just remember Tasca Parts aren't consistent, I've had quick hassle free orders but everyone is different and resolving them isn't easy. I've had orders where they've added random parts (F150 door handle), where they haven't updated the order and sent the wrong part (had to claim on my credit card) and my order this week they sent 1 extra part I ordered and forgot another. Emailing them does nothing, so just remember to buy on your credit card and claim if there's any issues. My credit card company refunded my entire order not just the wrong part, so I'm still quids up.

OP
OP
Dannyh1991

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Maybe the part numbers are colour related then, they all looked pretty much the same, I always thought we get a lot of PP parts thrown in on UK Mustangs anyway because I swear our 2.3's get the same 4 pots as the US base GT and UK GT's get the PP 6 pot Brembo's standard? (If I'm right?)
But then I wasn't sure if the rears are the same across all models.

and I hope they're right and work all ok because iv already painted them in advance while they're off the car :cwl:

PXL_20230525_161220462.jpg

OP
OP
Dannyh1991

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Finally got around to doing it all today, all worked out pretty well tbf, handbrake is now much better and actually holds the car, was quite hot today and my hayfever was being horrific while trying to get it done.

Ended up needing a new water pump too since mine was leaking, that was another £130 from Bristol Street Motors and £13 per 1l bottle of concentrated coolant.

Just need to paint the Caliper carriers now, I reused the brake discs since there is plenty of life left on them and iv already spent enough money, but excuse the poor masking tape job, using the brakes will sort that out lol. It's definitely not as clean as WD Pro's behind the wheel. :cwl:

PXL_20230609_084824928.jpg

PXL_20230609_105625576.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: