Sponsored

New Navigation map update June 29th

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Same here. Last update was free and so was this one..... one I can't seem update to anyways lol
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Exactly and then after I ordered the USB, the option popped up with a download available.

Funny, I used my free update back in February. I also downloaded the 1.19 maps for free. Things that make you go Hummmmmm!

Arcadia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 Velocity Blue
Interesting for me. I got a stick from Ford and it started all right but never moved from the updating screen and never restarted or confirmed it updated. I then did a download and it generated an error and did not load. But low an behold I checked the Ford site this morning and it says I am updated to 1.19. Strange. I have an appointment with the Dealer on Friday and going to have them look at it. Oh and the version is 1.18 on the screen.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It just keeps getting more interesting. If it stops raining for a while, I will attempt to update with the Ford USB, not even going to waste my time with the one I downloaded.

Interesting for me. I got a stick from Ford and it started all right but never moved from the updating screen and never restarted or confirmed it updated. I then did a download and it generated an error and did not load. But low an behold I checked the Ford site this morning and it says I am updated to 1.19. Strange. I have an appointment with the Dealer on Friday and going to have them look at it. Oh and the version is 1.18 on the screen.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
I believe that once you order the new map from them, they just automatically update your VIN/ESN in their records to the newest version. They don't actually have a way to query your car.

Sponsored

Arcadia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I believe that once you order the new map from them, they just automatically update your VIN/ESN in their records to the newest version. They don't actually have a way to query your car.
I think you are correct - so the Dealer can deal with it

Arcadia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
It just keeps getting more interesting. If it stops raining for a while, I will attempt to update with the Ford USB, not even going to waste my time with the one I downloaded.
Yup - my first one was the one from Ford. Did not work - will be interested to see if yours does.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I am getting invalid ESN on my 3.4 equipped 2020 when I enter my VIN and ESN number. Wants me to call Ford tech support, no thank you.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
I am getting invalid ESN on my 3.4 equipped 2020 when I enter my VIN and ESN number. Wants me to call Ford tech support, no thank you.
There are 2 ESNs shown on your display. The Sync Serial Number (ESN) is the one you want to enter on the site. Don’t ask me how I know this....

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yup - my first one was the one from Ford. Did not work - will be interested to see if yours does.
If you have 3.3 19052 then you screen should say 1.17 even with the 1.18 maps loaded. If you have 1.18 now something did happen.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There have been a number of "wrong" ESN's errors even when entering the correct one. Need to call Ford to have it corrected.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Got my USB yestreday. Tody, plugged it in and set my "automatic updates"
Started the Nav download, Sent my phone on mobile hotspot.
Drove around.for an hour and now have both Nav and software updated.
No issues, no glitches..

Anyone want the USB files settings?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
A picture of the screen in your car that shows which Navigation update is loaded would be nice. Does yours show 1.19? Assuming you are Sync 3.3 latest build?

Am I misunderstanding....are you saying you upgraded your sync via phone hotspot and not USB, but did the Navigation update via USB? I don't know if I would attempt a sync update and a Nav update at the very same time.

Got my USB yestreday. Tody, plugged it in and set my "automatic updates"
Started the Nav download, Sent my phone on mobile hotspot.
Drove around.for an hour and now have both Nav and software updated.
No issues, no glitches..

Anyone want the USB files settings?

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yes, I used my free update about three weeks ago. The USB with the map update cost $40
Funny, I used my free update back in February. I also downloaded the 1.19 maps for free. Things that make you go Hummmmmm!
so all 2019s get a free update?
Did you guys order this USB directly from Ford?
Confused a bit at how all of this works?
Thinking of not messing with it because not sure how much has changed since I got the car 4 Months ago...

I thought the Ford USB was $140...
Sponsored