Sponsored

New Navigation map update June 29th

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Well, I gave the USB a try today and I got the same error as everyone else, as soon as I inserted the USB.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Yes if you purchased new, there is one free complimentary update that you get by registering on the Ford.com site. For the free one, you have to download and put on your own USB or you have the option to purchase from Ford for $40.

For those of us that used our free one, they offered the new upgrade for $40 via their shipped USB. Which does not seem to be working for us.

so all 2019s get a free update?
Did you guys order this USB directly from Ford?
Confused a bit at how all of this works?
Thinking of not messing with it because not sure how much has changed since I got the car 4 Months ago...

I thought the Ford USB was $140...

Breee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Well, I gave the USB a try today and I got the same error as everyone else, as soon as I inserted the USB.
yea it's because the nav files in your car are corrupt, just like mine was. You need that special app from ford support to wipe your nav files so the install can happen fresh.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yes if you purchased new, there is one free complimentary update that you get by registering on the Ford.com site. For the free one, you have to download and put on your own USB or you have the option to purchase from Ford for $40.

For those of us that used our free one, they offered the new upgrade for $40 via their shipped USB. Which does not seem to be working for us.
so if I wanted to I can go to ford register the car and get the $40 USB?
(If I chose to wait a year or so should I still be able to do it then also?)

yea it's because the nav files in your car are corrupt, just like mine was. You need that special app from ford support to wipe your nav files so the install can happen fresh.
maybe the dealer can do it... is there a special app?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
so all 2019s get a free update?
Did you guys order this USB directly from Ford?
Confused a bit at how all of this works?
Thinking of not messing with it because not sure how much has changed since I got the car 4 Months ago...

I thought the Ford USB was $140...
Yes
Yes
Understandable
Check your “about sync” screen. You should have version 3.3 build # 19052. If you need to update go to the Ford Owner site. For nav you most likely have 1.17 although I guess you could have 1.18 depending on when your car was built. Either way 1.19 is the latest that everyone seems to be having and issue with. At this point I would hold off until we get this sorted out. Kind of the norm for Ford updates.

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
Did you get that latest license file? Go over to the GT350 forum and look at the 3.4 thread.
I downloaded the license file from the update site just yesterday. I’ll take a look at the GT350 post.

Sponsored

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
I downloaded the license file from the update site just yesterday. I’ll take a look at the GT350 post.
Sonofagun. They updated the license file to version CE and it works now. Thanks to M6G, but no thanks to Ford.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Drove around.for an hour and now have both Nav and software updated.
Hey, you didn't say if it was the Ford USB, or your own USB stick with downloaded files from Ford's owner website. And finally, can you please check your settings, and tell us if you have map version 1.18 or 1.19? Thank you.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Woo-hoo!!! Success! NA 1 19. Took about 45-50 minutes
You're the first to claim 1.19; that's weird, but maybe Ford fixed whatever the issue was. Hey, you didn't specify if your own USB or Ford's $40 one; please let us know. If Ford fixed the problem, wonder how are they going to fix it for us. Hmmm.
Sponsored