New Navigation map update June 29th

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
Apologies if this has already been asked, but I got halfway through the current 25 pages of replies and didn't see it (specifically):

Does the .zip file need to be unzipped? Note Ford tech support didn't say so, and I asked. It appears the big .zip file is a file of .zips so, presumably, Sync has an unzip tool embedded. So: download large .zip and license file to disk, unzip the .zip and copy to USB, then copy license file to root on USB, or within the folder that's (presumably) created by the unzip process?

Either Ford suffers "engineer's disease;" i.e. the guy/gal that wrote the instructions uses the process many times a day and doesn't even register all the 'special' steps that have to be done for it to work*, or Ford is just flat inept when it comes to software.

* Side note: I was a S/W engineer for 35 years, so, guilty.
When I downloaded the “maps” zip file, it automatically unzipped itself to one folder. When you open that folder, you’ll see 3 items...2 small files and 1 folder. You copy those 3 items to the USB which takes a while since the 1 folder contains all of the large map files. You then copy the license file to that one folder and take that to the car. But I’d caution doing this until Ford gets their act together. I went through the process, and now my car Now won’t open the USB and I no longer have nav voice commands.
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Apologies if this has already been asked, but I got halfway through the current 25 pages of replies and didn't see it (specifically):

Does the .zip file need to be unzipped? Note Ford tech support didn't say so, and I asked. It appears the big .zip file is a file of .zips so, presumably, Sync has an unzip tool embedded. So: download large .zip and license file to disk, unzip the .zip and copy to USB, then copy license file to root on USB, or within the folder that's (presumably) created by the unzip process?

Either Ford suffers "engineer's disease;" i.e. the guy/gal that wrote the instructions uses the process many times a day and doesn't even register all the 'special' steps that have to be done for it to work*, or Ford is just flat inept when it comes to software.

You dont have to unzip if you use windows explorer per the instructions. Some unzip first, some dont.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
So this is a long thread, but does anyone know WHY the engine needs to be running???

I called Ford and they confirmed that it had to be running, but no explanation.
Reasonable guess: The update can run the (marginally adequate) battery down? I know, it probably takes all of 5watts.

More likely guess: The one guy at Ford that knows why is 'working from home;' i.e. he hasn't been heard from for a couple weeks.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
When I downloaded the “maps” zip file, it automatically unzipped itself to one folder. When you open that folder, you’ll see 3 items...2 small files and 1 folder. You copy those 3 items to the USB which takes a while since the 1 folder contains all of the large map files. You then copy the license file to that one folder and take that to the car. But I’d caution doing this until Ford gets their act together. I went through the process, and now my car Now won’t open the USB and I no longer have nav voice commands.
Many thanks! My mistake was to follow Ford's instructions to the letter, no more, no less. I dumped the large .zip and the license file directly to USB; which I told the 'tech' on the phone and he said nothing, exactly equivalent to what he knows.

Sponsored

Breee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
So this is a long thread, but does anyone know WHY the engine needs to be running???

Because the update can take over 30 minutes and the car will auto shut off in the middle of the update which will corrupt the entire file system. Happened to me once, so I went the Cyan route which reformats the entire device like a proper update.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
It seems that you get more than one map update as this is the second one I have been able to get as i had gotten one in Jan. I just got the new CC license file (it was CB a few days ago) so I won't know for sure if it updates to 1.19 until I go through the update process. When I updated to 1.18 in Jan, it stayed at 1.17 due to some bug apparently.
1st attempt failed b4 it even started!!.. The headunit did not like my 64G 3.0 USB. Unsupported!. gonna try a 32G 2.0 USB
It works fine with my 3.0 64gb sandisk ultra. I have not performed the actual update as the license file was not correct (CB version). Now that I have the CC version it gets me past the ver_err06 error. Will try to go through the entire update today or tomorrow.

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Received an update from Ford on my 1.19 update issue. For anyone receiving err05, this is why:

Thank you for contacting the In-Vehicle Technology Team of Ford Motor Company. We do apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with our Ford/Lincoln Product.

I received your escalation regarding the Navigation Map Update Installation Process. There was an issue with our navigation partner ALOM. ALOM will be sending an email advising some steps for correction soon. This affected consumers who previously ordered map update NA1.18. If you did not order that update, please let me know and we’ll see what could be causing the concern.

But in the meantime, here is some information that can help correct the issue you are having. If you’re not sure of the information below, ALOM will have more information out to you soon.

1. Download consumers impacted: Consumers who placed orders for the NA1.19 Map update between 6/30 – 7/7 using the download option at the syncnavigation website can do the following:
    1. First – please close any old browser pages (IE, Google, etc.) from the previous Map download/Order Complete page as a precaution
    2. The user can then return (click on the link) to their Order Complete page where they originally downloaded the most recent Map & License update files (the link is available in the Order Confirmation email they received when their order was placed for the NA1.19 Map download update)
    3. Once on their Order Complete page, they can click on the #3 Orange Download License file box and the new NA1.19 license file will be downloaded
    4. The customer will place this file in the SyncMyRide Folder of the USB drive obtaining the map update.
    5. The Consumer will then remove the incorrect license file which file name(s) could be the following: JR3T-14G424-CD.TAR.GZ – 4U5T-14G424-CB.TAR.GZ (also the files may not have the TAR.GZ on the end).
  2. USB Consumers impacted: ALOM will ship new USB order to these consumers with the corrected NA1.19 Map Update and license files

Please let me know if you have any questions by replying to this email or contacting a representative by phone. If contacting by phone, please provide the case number in the subject line of this email.

Ford US - 800-392-3673

Lincoln US - 800-521-4140

Ford of Canada - 800-565-3673

Live Chat - Click on the link in the Lifeline section of our SYNC homepage owner.ford

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
You dont have to unzip if you use windows explorer per the instructions. Some unzip first, some dont.
I didn't find that anywhere in 'the instructions.' Explorer is, however, the default opening mechanism; as a rule/habit, I always save the file somewhere. Trying to open in explorer, we'll see how it goes.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I didn't find that anywhere in 'the instructions.' Explorer is, however, the default opening mechanism; as a rule/habit, I always save the file somewhere. Trying to open in explorer, we'll see how it goes.
It is certainly understandable how this could be missed but it is in there.

Step 7. Open the SyncXX.zip File. NOTE: The recommended method for unzipping or opening the folder is to:
a. Right-click on the SyncXX.zip File.
b. Select “Open with”, then select “Windows Explorer” or “File Explorer” (see below).
The images are on page 5.

Sponsored

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
in this post, https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...p-update-june-29th.143298/page-6#post-2945423, i linked install and download instructions.

these were also on the download page, i think it was a little 'hidden' though, you had to scroll down after the 3 orange download buttons, it missed it the first time around also..

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Received an update from Ford on my 1.19 update issue. For anyone receiving err05, this is why:

Thank you for contacting the In-Vehicle Technology Team of Ford Motor Company. We do apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with our Ford/Lincoln Product.

I received your escalation regarding the Navigation Map Update Installation Process. There was an issue with our navigation partner ALOM. ALOM will be sending an email advising some steps for correction soon. This affected consumers who previously ordered map update NA1.18. If you did not order that update, please let me know and we’ll see what could be causing the concern.

But in the meantime, here is some information that can help correct the issue you are having. If you’re not sure of the information below, ALOM will have more information out to you soon.

1. Download consumers impacted: Consumers who placed orders for the NA1.19 Map update between 6/30 – 7/7 using the download option at the syncnavigation website can do the following:
    1. First – please close any old browser pages (IE, Google, etc.) from the previous Map download/Order Complete page as a precaution
    2. The user can then return (click on the link) to their Order Complete page where they originally downloaded the most recent Map & License update files (the link is available in the Order Confirmation email they received when their order was placed for the NA1.19 Map download update)
    3. Once on their Order Complete page, they can click on the #3 Orange Download License file box and the new NA1.19 license file will be downloaded
    4. The customer will place this file in the SyncMyRide Folder of the USB drive obtaining the map update.
    5. The Consumer will then remove the incorrect license file which file name(s) could be the following: JR3T-14G424-CD.TAR.GZ – 4U5T-14G424-CB.TAR.GZ (also the files may not have the TAR.GZ on the end).
  2. USB Consumers impacted: ALOM will ship new USB order to these consumers with the corrected NA1.19 Map Update and license files

Please let me know if you have any questions by replying to this email or contacting a representative by phone. If contacting by phone, please provide the case number in the subject line of this email.

Ford US - 800-392-3673

Lincoln US - 800-521-4140

Ford of Canada - 800-565-3673

Live Chat - Click on the link in the Lifeline section of our SYNC homepage owner.ford
Hi Jonathon. It's getting really hard to keep track of all the posts on two different thread, but this was posted the other day. This addresses the license error but still does not rectify why 1.19 still doesn't show up for owners with 3.3

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Meh, just got this from ALOM Sync 3.
I went the cyanlabs route with mine and so far so good. The 19 map is still outdated as far as i can tell but at least you have this in case of not cell reception

upload_2020-7-9_16-43-36.png

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
To keep from killing the battery, as the update takes around an hour or more.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
When you use Windows Explorer to move the file to the USB, it unzips it on the fly. Nothing else has to be unzipped.

Sponsored