Sponsored

New Conti Tire Out!

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Not expecting a lot of feedback since one, I don’t think there’s a ton of Conti fans on here and two, brand new tire just released on the first.

Extreme contact sport 02 Advertised as better than the sport in every way, but why/how is new and improved technology actually cheaper. Am I wrong that this catches my curiosity?

https://continentaltire.com/tires/extremecontact-sport-02
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I knew I should’ve waited to buy my ECS! Dammit!

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I noticed they were cheaper also....shhhhh the price may go up once the mistake is caught. The original comes on the Roush cars and haven't really heard any complaints about them.....as long as the the Michelin PS4S is not in the same thread. :) :)

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t know that these were even coming out. I just put the originals on the BMW so I have time.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So I just noticed on TireRack the normal Sport is now labeled phaseout. So the 02 must be a straight up replacement.

My only complaint/feedback for Conti is some of the sidewalls they put on some of the other tires (the 5, 6, and 7) are gorgeous and more aggressive than the Sport. Don’t know why they didn’t put the checkerboard sidewall on their flagship sport tire.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Some say, They also tend to not be blocked at the shoulders and this gives an appearance of not being as wide as a MIchelin.......Unless you have the two side by side, can't really see how that would matter. Same contact patch width and overall width......so take that with a grain of salt.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Some say, They also tend to not be blocked at the shoulders and this gives an appearance of not being as wide as a MIchelin.......Unless you have the two side by side, can't really see how that would matter. Same contact patch width and overall width......so take that with a grain of salt.
No grain of salt needed. Very true. The visual appearance is night and day. The Conti’s look soooo much better and easily drew me away from Michelin for this very reason. (I currently have the Sports).

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I loved my Conti SC's, I would have gotten them again if they had a 305/35/19. To be honest I liked the feel of them better than my Mich PS4S. Ultimate grip I wouldn't no, both tires can grip tremendously. Now this new tire comes out and once again no 305/35/19's.

Bruce Jr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I wouldn’t know, my car came with Michelin sport cup 2’s & when it’s time to replace them I’m going with Michelin 4S

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Not expecting a lot of feedback since one, I don’t think there’s a ton of Conti fans on here and two, brand new tire just released on the first.

Extreme contact sport 02 Advertised as better than the sport in every way, but why/how is new and improved technology actually cheaper. Am I wrong that this catches my curiosity?

https://continentaltire.com/tires/extremecontact-sport-02
I think the price point/price drop is to gain market share and help/coax you to try them over other brands. Smart move with the way the economy is heading. Trade higher profit margin for volume of scale.

Sponsored
OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I ordered them for my family car before they were even available. Conti tires are great.
Very nice. Get some sidewall pics up when you can! This tire is advertised as not having rim protectors like the old Sport, which is what I want. Can’t wait to see, but I’m getting them either way!

I wouldn’t know, my car came with Michelin sport cup 2’s & when it’s time to replace them I’m going with Michelin 4S
One of the top reasons I got the Conti’s the last time and will do again is because everybody and their brother has the 4S.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Very nice. Get some sidewall pics up when you can! This tire is advertised as not having rim protectors like the old Sport, which is what I want. Can’t wait to see, but I’m getting them either way!
for all practical purposes, there is a rim protector.

6D85EAC2-8B65-4C61-9443-EFC0815DD1EB.jpeg