Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
  • Banned
Hey guys i've been noticing something. So like, i get having that sweet new ride, parking it ten miles from anyone, and obsessing over its aesthetics to where maybe it might seem like you kind of have a problem. Makes sense, we're dudes and we geek out over new toys.

here's what i don't get. You just bought a car with a warranty and you're worrying about every little reading and sound. why? if the tpms doesn't work and frags a tire, dealer will fix it, if the motor blows, dealer fixes it, rinse and repeat.

here's all i'm saying... chill with that stuff and enjoy your sweet mother flippin cars.
1665066079005.png
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hey guys i've been noticing something. So like, i get having that sweet new ride, parking it ten miles from anyone, and obsessing over its aesthetics to where maybe it might seem like you kind of have a problem. Makes sense, we're dudes and we geek out over new toys.

here's what i don't get. You just bought a car with a warranty and you're worrying about every little reading and sound. why? if the tpms doesn't work and frags a tire, dealer will fix it, if the motor blows, dealer fixes it, rinse and repeat.

here's all i'm saying... chill with that stuff and enjoy your sweet mother flippin cars.
1665066079005.png
The new car noises and paranoia isn't where it's at... if the car has not been rained on yet - or there's even a chance of rain in the air, that's the real freak out on here that causes grown men to not drive and stare at their cars like they're 1:18's on a shelf..

🤪 😂

Last edited:

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
People like to obsess over things. Its not something I personally get, but its something a lot of people do.

Especially consider a lot of people save up for years to be able to afford something like this. The thought of having their prized possession break or wear out is too much.

I see people who don't take their cars out in the rain, they recoil at the thought of driving in the winter. Consider the car "worn out" at 40k miles. I see posts regularly of people who own a stang for 4+ years and never crack 10k miles. They never experience the true capability of the car because all they do is drive down to the local DQ once a week in the summers. They spend their whole life suffering in a Nissan Altima, waiting for the day they can finally have their dream car, and when they finally get it, they'd rather continue driving their old Altima for fear of damaging their holy grail car.

If that's what they like then that's fine, me personally, I intend to drive my car until the wheels fall off. Every day, rain, snow, ice.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It’s tough to struggle with, but I found when I do something stupid (such as creating a small scratch the paint replacing the leaking 3rd brake light), I get mad and now realize I have skin in the game (unlike with road debris and door dings) and I’m in no position to time capsule this car, so I should enjoy it while it’s fresh. Lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
  • Banned
They spend their whole life suffering in a Nissan Altima, waiting for the day they can finally have their dream car, and when they finally get it, they'd rather continue driving their old Altima for fear of damaging their holy grail car.
this, exactly this. yesterday i went for a hour and a half drive to nowhere just to get out of the house. better than therapy.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
why? if the tpms doesn't work and frags a tire, dealer will fix it, if the motor blows, dealer fixes it, rinse and repeat.
Because most of times you have to jump through hoops to get them to fix it. Besides, they can (and often do) break something else in the process. You don't want your new, spotless pride and joy to be taken for a ride and thrashed by their employees, or maltreated in any other way. You want it to work fine and not to require a dealer visit sooner than absolutely necessary.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Because most of times you have to jump through hoops to get them to fix it. Besides, they can (and often do) break something else in the process. You don't want your new, spotless pride and joy to be taken for a ride and thrashed by their employees, or maltreated in any other way. You want it to work fine and not to require a dealer visit sooner than absolutely necessary.
This is exactly what the problem is for me. Every time I go to dealership I also feel like they are going to mess something up.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
oh i get it man. i've fixed a couple things and am not going to bother with the scratch on my steering wheel because dealers are meh but we need to chill with the worry and enjoy these things. my driver's side bumper popped out a bit, i seated it, part of it did it again, then i seated it really well, went for a 120 mile drive, and so far its stayed.

living life is better than worrying on a forum is all i'm saying.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Unfortunately, when you grow up with nothing and always wanted something it can make some people overly protective of things. Applies broadly to many things.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
The new car noises and paranoia isn't where it's at... if the car has not been rained on yet - or there's even a chance of rain in the air, that's the real freak out on here that causes grown men to not drive and stare at their cars like their 1:18's on a shelf..

🤪 😂
I'm guilty! I have driven mine in the rain twice since last year:cwl: When weather is bad I just take the explorer. Less of a chance for some bone head to hit it. My GT/CS does live outside for now so it does get wet. I felt guilty the other day driving in to work when a 2008 Shelby GT500KR turned in front of me! He was driving it in the rain! 😀

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Mine has nt been rained on YET, LOL. But I refuse to have the car covered in plastic and then have a few grand more to cover the plastic with ceramic, LOL.... it never ends.
The only point is no one wants to deal with dealer visits and thus we worry that a noise might be something. It is all meaning less and not permanent but I guess passion causes our blind spots.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
I'm definitely guilty of this. Just check out my thread about tire pressure for proof. I'm trying to get out of that mindset because I do want to enjoy this thing now that I have it.

The analog in the world of PC laptops (it's primarily what I write about) is people who obsess over battery life. They spend so much time trying to optimize plugging in versus running on battery to minimize battery wear that they never get any work done on the things. I don't want to be one of those people.
Sponsored