Sponsored

Never thought I would have to post this....

abharwani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Premium
Sorry to see that OP, glad you're okay.
Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Glad you are OK. It's not a Subaru commercial but still pretty safe. Dont worry about the car - shit happens to everyone regardless of fault. Looks totaled to me. Suspension and frame damage would cost upwards of 15k alone.

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Damn waste of a good notch back Foxbody!

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
Damn. Sorry for your troubles. I hope everyone's okay.. also hope they total your car out.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
Kids first car, who didn't fk theirs up? Glad everyone is ok.

Sponsored

bschoon55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 2 SS 1LE, Former 2018 Mustang GT.
So sorry that happened. Glad you're ok and I hope you can get a fresh start with something similar!

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Its simple. If the repairs exceed 65% of retail value its totaled.
Unfortunately, it is not that simple. Write-off percentage is based on the state and what the adjuster says plus the insurance company.

See here https://www.mwl-law.com/vehicle-considered-totaled/

That's the percentage a car must be totaled at, the insurance company may total it at a lower value or if the adjuster determines that it cannot be repaired safely, the car must be totaled.

Edit: Just saw the OP is in NC, write off percentage is 75%

Last edited:

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
OP
OP
PIsenhour

PIsenhour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray Metallic
Just to give an update.
It has been frustrating which is the nicest thing I can say. The car is totaled as I thought it would be, but everything is finally settled.
Next steps is I will probably wait a while before replacing it, feeling a little jaded. This is the second car in my life that I have ordered that has had an early demise at the hand of others.
I am not completely happy with the '18s because of that damn front end, but I will see if it will grow on me. If so I will order a GT, if not probably a F150 Lariat. Time will tell.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Just to give an update.
It has been frustrating which is the nicest thing I can say. The car is totaled as I thought it would be, but everything is finally settled.
Next steps is I will probably wait a while before replacing it, feeling a little jaded. This is the second car in my life that I have ordered that has had an early demise at the hand of others.
I am not completely happy with the '18s because of that damn front end, but I will see if it will grow on me. If so I will order a GT, if not probably a F150 Lariat. Time will tell.
The front end probably will not grow on you at this point. You either can put up with it or not. Those hood vents I believe were designed with pedestrian protection in mind and that hood flattened for better visibility at the expense of a cool faster look. If they actually offered the 18 GT in base form up here in Canada and I could buy again, I might because of the performance gains alone and just put up with that front end. That is the best part of that car. After I stared at an 18 for a long while I went back to my car and Hubba Hubba. That front end rocks! In my personal opinion of course but the performance gains seem to finally go beyond the cars of the 1960s - 1970s and that is it’s charm.

BTW: I would go with the F150. I made a joke about this with another guy on the fence but it is true. Many Mustang guys go to the F150. - See you in those forums! :ford:

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Just to give an update.
Have you seen an 18 in person? They look better in person. I just wish they didn't make the hood so umm flat. Other then that I didn't like at first but seeing in person changed my mind.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Kids first car, who didn't fk theirs up? Glad everyone is ok.
Nope. Still had plenty of fun. Spatial awareness is a thing you either have or don't.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Glad youre ok. That thing looks totalled. Hopefully you can get into another mustang. Id say try for an 18gt...you'll love it. Also, why do I feel like the 16yr old minimum driving age should be raised? I look at 16 year old nowadays and am like....I wouldnt want to be near you on the road while your snapchatting.
Sponsored