schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
80Fox Coupe,

Knows what he is talking about. I would go with the P1X hands down. I did my research into the exact same question several months ago and for better mid-range, and a killer top-end hit for a street car, the P1X is the one.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Ok guys love the Procharger passion. We gotta get together somehow and have a Procharger party. How about the American muscle show this summer who’s down?

OP
OP

hafgod

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
arnold
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Stock engine and p1x has spicy potential!!!!
So if I went with a stage 2 p1x with fuel kit for e85... what size pulley would you estimate I need for 750-800 whp?

Last edited:

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
So if I went with a stage 2 p1x with fuel kit for e85... what size pulley would you estimate I need for 750-800 whp? Also the p1x is 50 state legal right? im in california :( and I know tuning and getting smaller pulleys will void smog but Im just concerned with the initial carb number that comes with the kit.
This conversation just got neutered. The carb EO kit is hot dogshit. And will not run E85. stage 1 only, must include the injectors and programming the kit comes with. LOTS of wasted expense turning that kit into something fun. I believe it only comes with the p1sc, and small intercooler as well.

Edit: can get stg 2 intercooler, but no 8 rib

Sponsored

OP
OP

hafgod

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
arnold
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
This conversation just got neutered. The carb EO kit is hot dogshit. And will not run E85. stage 1 only, must include the injectors and programming the kit comes with. LOTS of wasted expense turning that kit into something fun. I believe it only comes with the p1sc, and small intercooler as well.

Edit: can get stg 2 intercooler, but no 8 rib
oh nevermind ... def WONT do the carb kit lol. thanks for educating me

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
The small cost to upgrade a p1x to D1x after the fact is nothing compared to all the supporting mods plus a built engine
isnt the upgrade to D1X from P1X around $1800? that's what i recall. if you buy it new with kit, i think the upgrade is around $200. so it is something to consider.

i dont know about the coyote, but most of the gt350 boost guys say go straight to D1X for the voodoo on otherwise stock. but for coyote, i'll defer to you guys.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
isnt the upgrade to D1X from P1X around $1800? that's what i recall. if you buy it new with kit, i think the upgrade is around $200. so it is something to consider.

i dont know about the coyote, but most of the gt350 boost guys say go straight to D1X for the voodoo on otherwise stock. but for coyote, i'll defer to you guys.
Your prices are close. Id do a p1x on a stock gt350 also.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
for those currently running the procharger, any long term concerns over the design of the blower kit on the crank snout? is it something you "worry" about regularly? one of the reasons i lean turbo is for this reason. thoughts?
not at all. install the balancer right and life is good.

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
think this applies to the voodoo fpc? or more concern on the voodoo?
I can't recall any voodoo's with snapped snouts. The internets will prob correct me soon.

The root problem is the size, and finish machining on the crank. Just inherent to stress risers.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
So if I went with a stage 2 p1x with fuel kit for e85... what size pulley would you estimate I need for 750-800 whp?
Probably 4.5 or 4.38 on E85

for those currently running the procharger, any long term concerns over the design of the blower kit on the crank snout? is it something you "worry" about regularly? one of the reasons i lean turbo is for this reason. thoughts?
3.5 years of merciless beating and so far no issue.

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Ok guys love the Procharger passion. We gotta get together somehow and have a Procharger party. How about the American muscle show this summer who’s down?
I am! Come out to Kansas. We have nothing but flat roads everywhere and no traffic. Perfect for testing out the cars!

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I would say if you KNOW you will want more you may as well get the d1x. I mean the d1x will still be fun right ? that 1600 dollar difference is a good chunk of the forged shortblock and then you can really turn it up. Most of us I would say will always want more but if you really DON’T then yeah go with the smaller kit. Do you really not want more ?
Sponsored