Sponsored

Need help deciding which procharger

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
do tell. I’m thinking of going from my 4.5” to a 4.25” my only trepidation is can the stock motor handle it?
Im exactly where you are at...D1X, 4.5 pulley, 15 psi, 8" balancer pulley, 840ish rwhp. I have both a 4.38 and a 4.25 sitting on the counter starring at me.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Im exactly where you are at...D1X, 4.5 pulley, 15 psi, 8" balancer pulley, 840ish rwhp. I have both a 4.38 and a 4.25 sitting on the counter starring at me.
are you on pump or corn??

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I want to pulley down, but I really have no reason to. The car runs so great as it sits. I hate to be one of those guys that chases numbers, but 900 ish sounds appealing for whatever reason.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I want to pulley down, but I really have no reason to. The car runs so great as it sits. I hate to be one of those guys that chases numbers, but 900 ish sounds appealing for whatever reason.
if you do this on a stock motor you’ll be playing fire . 900 whp is 1000 crank hp.. start making plans now for a forged short block, & have it waiting in the wings..

Sponsored

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
if you do this on a stock motor you’ll be playing fire . 900 whp is 1000 crank hp.. start making plans now for a forged short block, & have it waiting in the wings..
that’s what I was thinking. The 4.5” pulley will have to stay for now as it will be some time next year before a built motor and trans can be worked into my budget

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
OP
OP

hafgod

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
arnold
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Is your motor built? Im gonna do a d1x (after thinking long and hard) with e85. Not gonna do any changes to pulley until motor is built just out of concern

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Is your motor built? Im gonna do a d1x (after thinking long and hard) with e85. Not gonna do any changes to pulley until motor is built just out of concern
D1x is not the right head unit for a stock engine unless you are willing to turn it up. My recommendation is get the p1x. By the time you get all the supporting mods to optimize the p1x, then build a shortblock, the cost to upgrade to d1x is insignificant.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Other than oil pump gears and timing sprocket no it is not.
D1x is not the right head unit for a stock engine unless you are willing to turn it up. My recommendation is get the p1x. By the time you get all the supporting mods to optimize the p1x, then build a shortblock, the cost to upgrade to d1x is insignificant.
Listen to 80FoxCoupe. If I had it to do over again I would have gone the P1x route instead. The D1x is a monster and pulls unbelievably hard in the upper range but you will sacrifice mid and low.

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hey all, Im boosting my 2019 10r80 GT and am split between p1x and d1x procharger. I plan to tune it to run on 85 either way. I know ill have to get a new fuel system (going with fore innovations), but my main issue is deciding which procharger head unit to go with. I know the d1x is slightly larger, which I assume means it would make more power... obviously I dont want to blow my engine, but Id like to be sitting around 750 wheel hp. any help would be greatly appreciated!
Get the D1X, for $250 more its a better choice and leaves room when you choose to build your motor later on. If staying with stock block the P1X would be the better choice. You get a lot more bang for the buck to upgrade to the bigger blower for $250 more. With other manufacturers you would be looking at close to thousands. We can answer any questions you have here at @LethalPerformance just give us a call at 1.877.253.8425.

Last edited:

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Get the D1X, for $250 more its a better choice and leaves room if you choose to build your motor later on. We can answer any questions you have here at @LethalPerformance just give us a call at 1.877.253.8425.
Terrible suggestion. Op says he wants 750whp Which the P1x makes with ease, and still has tons of head room for future wants. Oversizing the blower will actually hurt it substantially in the lower rpm ranges.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Other than oil pump gears and timing sprocket no it is not.

Listen to 80FoxCoupe. If I had it to do over again I would have gone the P1x route instead. The D1x is a monster and pulls unbelievably hard in the upper range but you will sacrifice mid and low.
Agreed

Get the D1X, for $250 more its a better choice and leaves room if you choose to build your motor later on. We can answer any questions you have here at @LethalPerformance just give us a call at 1.877.253.8425.
So buy a supercharger that necessitates a built engine to utilize? Makes sense coming from a sales standpoint. But from the consumer side, the right tool for the job is the way to go. Buying parts that do not work well together set the skewed standard of performance for a given combo. If OP wants to beat his chest to say he has the big blower, he can do so meanwhile watching more efficient combo pass him up. If OP plans to build an engine later, why not get the proper blower now and enjoy improved performance in the meantime? The small cost to upgrade a p1x to D1x after the fact is nothing compared to all the supporting mods plus a built engine.

There are some with a clear path in mind. Research, data, performance goal and a budget. This case does seem to fall into this category. I know the OP has a stock engine and i know the P1x can go high 8s. Is the OP prepared for that? We dont know. But that uncertainty is the basis for the d1x recommendation....