Need Grippy Tires

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
I am about to replace tires on my 2015 Mustang GT. I was wondering what are some good tires to put on the Performance Pack rims that grip really good on the street or unprepped track. Car does not get driven all the time. Drive to work once a week and on weekends mostly. If me and the wife take a trip we take the Mustang. Mod's to the car are 2018 GT Manifold, 2018 K&N Cold Air intake, 2.5 inch Borla Exhaust, Long Tube Headers. Car does a little bit of drag racing as well as a little bit of roll racing. Really don't want to end up looking like an idiot sliding into a tree or wall lol.
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
that would be a function of your right foot control and 2 functioning neurons. Not the tires.
This. Can't just throw parts at it and expect the car to do everything. It's still a machine with limitations. I'm sure the OP knows this to a degree but it's worth saying again.

OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
This. Can't just throw parts at it and expect the car to do everything. It's still a machine with limitations. I'm sure the OP knows this to a degree but it's worth saying again.
I know that at the end of the day the driver is what causes a wreck. I was just looking at suggestions besides I can go throw on the best tires ever it's not gonna help if I am being a moron. That being said. Blowing a set of P zeros off the car when you launch (not even that hard) I am sure there are a lot better alternatives. Just thought someone would have good ideas for a mid range priced tire that works will hook well and be a decent tire on trips. Wanting to know what a lot of people are running.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Just thought someone would have good ideas for a mid range priced tire that works will hook well and be a decent tire on trips. Wanting to know what a lot of people are running.
read the next 20 pages of threads in this section. Answer your own question.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I know that at the end of the day the driver is what causes a wreck. I was just looking at suggestions besides I can go throw on the best tires ever it's not gonna help if I am being a moron. That being said. Blowing a set of P zeros off the car when you launch (not even that hard) I am sure there are a lot better alternatives. Just thought someone would have good ideas for a mid range priced tire that works will hook well and be a decent tire on trips. Wanting to know what a lot of people are running.
There is no shortage of complaints regarding the PZero. As far as drag racing goes, I haven't a clue. For a pretty grippy street tire/all-arounder some good ones are: Firehawk Indy 500, Michelin PS4S, Sunitomo HTRZ III

Stay away from slicks or anything near to being a slick, otherwise you'll be in a heap of trouble if caught in wet weather. I would consider wear as a major factor as well as hydroplaning resistance - not just ultimate grip.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I can't give you idea for tires but I can give you an interesting idea for Sizing go 275/35 F and 285/35 R that way you will have way more tire.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am about to replace tires on my 2015 Mustang GT. I was wondering what are some good tires to put on the Performance Pack rims that grip really good on the street or unprepped track. Car does not get driven all the time. Drive to work once a week and on weekends mostly. If me and the wife take a trip we take the Mustang. Mod's to the car are 2018 GT Manifold, 2018 K&N Cold Air intake, 2.5 inch Borla Exhaust, Long Tube Headers. Car does a little bit of drag racing as well as a little bit of roll racing. Really don't want to end up looking like an idiot sliding into a tree or wall lol.
Falken FK510
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500
Michelin Pilot Super Sport
Sumitumo HTRZ III
Kumho Ecsta PS91

I personally prefer the FK510 - quiet, sticky in the summer.
Sumitumo QUIET AS A MOUSE - Last about 20k miles though
Michelin Pilot SS - I don't think they are as quiet as the other two but it does handle well
Firestone Firehawk - Mid pack in quietness. I haven't driven on these my friend has them installed and loves them.
Kumho Ecsta - I've had the older versions, but this one seems to be just as good

Honestly I prefer non directional tires. They are quieter and last longer because they can be rotated to any corner if you are a square setup.

Shewantsthe5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT, 2014 Black Jeep SRT
NT05Rs or MT Street Rs don't drive in the rain and these will be the best street tires for traction

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Lol street tires you can't drive in the rain. Seems like a waste of a tire.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
NT05Rs or MT Street Rs don't drive in the rain and these will be the best street tires for traction
Had a set of NT05R's. 100% garbage. Went with FIREHAWK INDY 500's. Awesome dry/wet traction. I'd say even better than The Mickey T's as well.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Tires will always have a compromise; with great traction you lose longevity, with handling you lose comfort. The key is finding what your intended purpose is for the tire and then matching that with the right product. There are tires that will give you a good balance of attributes but none will do everything.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Lol street tires you can't drive in the rain. Seems like a waste of a tire.
Well considering the car is more or less a toy not a car i need to be able to drive every horrible wet traction is something i can deal with. I might end up buying another set of rims and tires so i can swap to a good set of cruising tires when i want to.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well considering the car is more or less a toy not a car i need to be able to drive every horrible wet traction is something i can deal with. I might end up buying another set of rims and tires so i can swap to a good set of cruising tires when i want to.
Mine's is literally a toy as well. Bought it over two years ago and only have 13k miles. Supercharged. I would never sacrifice wet performance. You never know really when it's going to rain outside. Any loss of traction back there in the rain ain't my thing. I literally bought it and ended up driving it through snow on the first day I had it. Bought in GA drove it to IL. Lemme tell you I learned a lesson there. All season tires may give up on the most spirited of weekend driving, but it saved my ass in inclement weather. So if I'm going to buy a tire it needs to tick 3 boxes every time.
Quiet, summer performance and rain performance.
Sponsored