Nawsad123

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Take as much as you can into account. Be realistic. Budget, intended use, trusted shop to perform work, fuel availability etc. Though 1000hp is cool, it may not be ideal of feasible in certain scenarios. Daily? No e85? Snow? Wife drive car?

For me, it works out. My mustang is not my everyday car, so daily driver limitations/considerations do not apply. I work on my own shit, i have a truck/trailer, e85 down the street, race e85 in my garage, BA Motorsports down the street, @beefcake down the street etc. So it works out.
Makes sense. Car is not a daily especially working from home, drive it on the weekends. Its a 2017 with 10,500 miles and I baby it. Need more power as I enjoy going on cruises in the summer and always want to be one of the faster ones out there. Not looking to drag the car honestly, just a toy to have in the garage and enjoy when I can

Sponsored

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Hey everyone, need some help in deciding next steps for my Coyote. Shes a 2017, 5.0 currently making 680rwhp/~840hp. Ultimate goal is to hit 1,000rwhp (or close to)

Current setup includes:
-Vortech V3 Blower
- Comp Cams 231/237
- 8 rib drive upgrade from Vortech
- Ford Performance Intake
- 1,000 cc injectors
- Upgraded oil pump gears
- American Racing headers
- Magnaflow Cat back exhaust
- carbon Fiber driveshaft
- Steeda stop the hop suspension

I am thinking I would like to upgrade pistons, rods and heads....just not convinced if thats the best route($$). Another option is the E85 conversion, but given I live in the city, it is just not readily available

Let me know your thoughts!
To sustain 1000rwhp you will definitely need to build the short block. It will 100% handle it but you're on borrowed time the whole time. To get anywhere near the 1k wheel mark on pump you'll also need to have methanol. Swap to a bigger head unit and get a return fuel system as well.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
1000 rwhp from a stock displacement gen2 on straight 93 is possible, but it would require 8/1 compression and >25 psi boost. E85 is the path of least resistance if it’s available. The gen3’s that did it on 93 did so by running lots of GDI, which is a huge advantage when making power on pump.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
You will definitely need E85 or race gas to hit 1000whp for sure. But at the same time, you will definitely need a build short block as well to handle it. Like you said, really all you need is the rods, pistons but there may be a few more things you should do while you are there. I would drop in a set of Pac 1234x springs in the heads at the same time and opt for ARP hardware and you should be good to go. Hit me up if you have any questions as I have recently built my 2017's engine as well. Lethalperformance.com

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
1000 rwhp from a stock displacement gen2 on straight 93 is possible, but it would require 8/1 compression and >25 psi boost. E85 is the path of least resistance if it’s available. The gen3’s that did it on 93 did so by running lots of GDI, which is a huge advantage when making power on pump.
I was waiting for ya!

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Mustang GT
Well if I go and build the internals, E85 will follow shortly after. Just trying to hold off on doing that as long as I can. With forged internals, ill be able to turn up the boost which should put me pretty close where I would like to be
If you don't have access to E85 (can buy race E85 for a pretty penny too) you should be running race gas. It does not matter how well you build the engine--it will NOT stop detonation and detonation=bye bye engine. I wouldn't spend $15,000+ on engine to be cheap with fuel

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nawsad123

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
If you don't have access to E85 (can buy race E85 for a pretty penny too) you should be running race gas. It does not matter how well you build the engine--it will NOT stop detonation and detonation=bye bye engine. I wouldn't spend $15,000+ on engine to be cheap with fuel
Dont think its a matter of being cheap with fuel, more so availability

OP
OP
Nawsad123

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You will definitely need E85 or race gas to hit 1000whp for sure. But at the same time, you will definitely need a build short block as well to handle it. Like you said, really all you need is the rods, pistons but there may be a few more things you should do while you are there. I would drop in a set of Pac 1234x springs in the heads at the same time and opt for ARP hardware and you should be good to go. Hit me up if you have any questions as I have recently built my 2017's engine as well. Lethalperformance.com
In regards to building your engine. What did you have built?

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hey everyone, need some help in deciding next steps for my Coyote. Shes a 2017, 5.0 currently making 680rwhp/~840hp. Ultimate goal is to hit 1,000rwhp (or close to)

Current setup includes:
-Vortech V3 Blower
- Comp Cams 231/237
- 8 rib drive upgrade from Vortech
- Ford Performance Intake
- 1,000 cc injectors
- Upgraded oil pump gears
- American Racing headers
- Magnaflow Cat back exhaust
- carbon Fiber driveshaft
- Steeda stop the hop suspension

I am thinking I would like to upgrade pistons, rods and heads....just not convinced if thats the best route($$). Another option is the E85 conversion, but given I live in the city, it is just not readily available

Let me know your thoughts!
Go with the E85. It is a MUST have for that kind of power safely.

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Mustang GT
Dont think its a matter of being cheap with fuel, more so availability
you can purchase race E85 that you get shipped to you.. or buy some big barrels for fuel and fill up at a station and fill up for home so you limit the trips to far stations and always have fuel when needed. End of day its your car and I have not made this type of power but from all conversations with people that do-93 will not support >750 rwhp no matter how strong the engine.

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Couple guys said this already, but 1,000rwhp can really only be used at the drag strip or on the dyno. I’d be surprised if anyone here admits to being able to unleash 1,000whp on the streets regularly, unless its 2:00am Sunday night or something like that.

800rwhp would probably be a more realistic goal for a street driven car, and even then you’ll need to roll around on drag radials so you don’t end up going sideways at 100mph.

Just pointing that out while you decide where to spend your next $$$$ on car parts.
Sponsored