Need 1000 hp

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey everyone, need some help in deciding next steps for my Coyote. Shes a 2017, 5.0 currently making 680rwhp/~840hp. Ultimate goal is to hit 1,000rwhp (or close to)

Current setup includes:
-Vortech V3 Blower
- Comp Cams 231/237
- 8 rib drive upgrade from Vortech
- Ford Performance Intake
- 1,000 cc injectors
- Upgraded oil pump gears
- American Racing headers
- Magnaflow Cat back exhaust
- carbon Fiber driveshaft
- Steeda stop the hop suspension

I am thinking I would like to upgrade pistons, rods and heads....just not convinced if thats the best route($$). Another option is the E85 conversion, but given I live in the city, it is just not readily available

Let me know your thoughts!
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'd personally build the shortblock if I had the resources to do so. An unopened motor can do 1000RWHP just fine, but for how long? Probably not long enough, and when it does fail it's going to ruin a bunch of shit.

Race gas or e85 will pick up some substantial gains if tuned for it. Doing 1000 on pump gas is tricky.

OP
OP
Nawsad123

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'd personally build the shortblock if I had the resources to do so. An unopened motor can do 1000RWHP just fine, but for how long? Probably not long enough, and when it does fail it's going to ruin a bunch of shit.

Race gas or e85 will pick up some substantial gains if tuned for it. Doing 1000 on pump gas is tricky.
Sorry for keeping things layman, but building the short block you mean go the pistons rods sleeves heads route right?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox

1000 on pump gas ain't gonna happen LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nawsad123

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Well if I go and build the internals, E85 will follow shortly after. Just trying to hold off on doing that as long as I can. With forged internals, ill be able to turn up the boost which should put me pretty close where I would like to be

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Revised tune, Boostane, Bigger injectors, Fuel system, bigger snail, meth kit

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Build the motor to handle the power. Your just gambling every time without it.

upgrade the fuel system to handle the power, get the bigger injectors, that way you can run e85 or race gas if you want to make the big power.

upgrade to a bigger blower or change up to a different power adder.

mans if your looking for 1000 whp or crank horsepower that’s a big difference.

you can get close to 1000 crank on pump gas with a meth kit. But whp your gonna need to really go full tilt.

Sponsored

Sean709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt prem pp whipple stage 2. 2017 silverado LTZ with rocky ridge package. 09 HD muscle.
Doing up the short block will make it able to handle more hp but isnt gonna gain you very much hp. I dont know how much hp you can pick up with porting or better heads but with FI I doubt its huge. I wou;ld start looking at a turbo kit or that new 3.8 whipple and do at all at once. I would probably do the whipple 3.0 or 3.8 on e85 with a fuel sytem to feed it. Also dont forget your gonna need half shafts and a Few other rear suspension mods will help alot like with getting rid of the rubber bushing in the toe knuckle and lower control arms and add some nice toe links and vertical links all with bearings,

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Hey everyone, need some help in deciding next steps for my Coyote. Shes a 2017, 5.0 currently making 680rwhp/~840hp. Ultimate goal is to hit 1,000rwhp (or close to)

Current setup includes:
-Vortech V3 Blower
- Comp Cams 231/237
- 8 rib drive upgrade from Vortech
- Ford Performance Intake
- 1,000 cc injectors
- Upgraded oil pump gears
- American Racing headers
- Magnaflow Cat back exhaust
- carbon Fiber driveshaft
- Steeda stop the hop suspension

I am thinking I would like to upgrade pistons, rods and heads....just not convinced if thats the best route($$). Another option is the E85 conversion, but given I live in the city, it is just not readily available

Let me know your thoughts!
Get with a local shop or trusted source to assist you with your program. You will have many on forums that never been there before, giving their recommendation. You will likely end up with a setup that does perform as it should.

OP
OP
Nawsad123

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Get with a local shop or trusted source to assist you with your program. You will have many on forums that never been there before, giving their recommendation. You will likely end up with a setup that does perform as it should.
I'm def not a wrenchhead to be performing any of the labor required to get there. As mentioned by a couple people and myself, the recommendation even from the shop was to start with the internals. Once those are built, I can increase the boost safely on my supercharger (currently at 8psi)
Running at higher boost, smaller pulley and possibly E85 would get me there. Just a long and expensive way, but hey gotta pay to play right?

OP
OP
Nawsad123

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I'm def not a wrenchhead to be performing any of the labor required to get there. As mentioned by a couple people and myself, the recommendation even from the shop was to start with the internals. Once those are built, I can increase the boost safely on my supercharger (currently at 8psi)
Running at higher boost, smaller pulley and possibly E85 would get me there. Just a long and expensive way, but hey gotta pay to play right?
Take as much as you can into account. Be realistic. Budget, intended use, trusted shop to perform work, fuel availability etc. Though 1000hp is cool, it may not be ideal of feasible in certain scenarios. Daily? No e85? Snow? Wife drive car?

For me, it works out. My mustang is not my everyday car, so daily driver limitations/considerations do not apply. I work on my own shit, i have a truck/trailer, e85 down the street, race e85 in my garage, BA Motorsports down the street, @beefcake down the street etc. So it works out.
Sponsored