Sponsored

NASTY squeaking from rear suspension !!! Thoughts ?

OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Squeak. Creak. Groan. Moan. And even some clickity clackity clankity clunkity.
I must've unsubscribed from that thread as I never saw your post there @BMR Tech ... Thanks for replying.

So im just at work watching youtube vids killing time as usual... and was looking at the bmr lockout installs to just refresh my mind and have my mind ready to tackle it quickly when I get home when I saw this video...

Watch and Listen carefully at 2:04-2:10. Installing the spacer onto the cradle bushing emits a nasty squeak/creak that is exactly the noise I am getting. I am wondering if grease here would really help if it is the issue.

[ame]

Just brainstorming out loud here but my thoughts are that with the stiffer vertical links and other suspension bits it would lead to more flex in the cradle bushing area. while the lockout doesn't eliminate it 100% means there is some movement in the bushings and a loud squeak on the install shows that there could be squeaking there. The forward bracket comes off easily so I will remove it first and drop that spacer and lube it very generously and reinstall and check for squeak. shouldn't take long to do that and at least eliminates the possibility
Sponsored

Corfly02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue GT 6spd
Just brainstorming out loud here but my thoughts are that with the stiffer vertical links and other suspension bits it would lead to more flex in the cradle bushing area. while the lockout doesn't eliminate it 100% means there is some movement in the bushings and a loud squeak on the install shows that there could be squeaking there. The forward bracket comes off easily so I will remove it first and drop that spacer and lube it very generously and reinstall and check for squeak. shouldn't take long to do that and at least eliminates the possibility
It's pretty ghetto fab but I considered filling the void in the top of those bushings with window urethane. So it no longer has a void. There are also bushings that fill the void in those bushings now as well.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
My car's up on ramps already so I'll be trying something this weekend to fix this.

OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Here is a short video of my noise. This was 2 days ago after a 35 minute drive home. Not hot out just cool. Just moving on and off the end of the driveway.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
mine sounds like that but nowhere near as loud though! its more pronounced inside the car like by the top springs or so, but its the same sound/creakin though

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
So here's what I tried to no avail:

1. Looking at the rear's of the CB005 kit and the bottom metal brackets with the 2 "ears" facing up are metal to metal contact so I decided to remove them completely and greased the back of the 21mm bolt head as well as the very top where the kit touches the car. Still had the creak so put them back on.

2. Looking at the fronts and the lower bracket that has the 2 opposite side slots that fit into the stock rubber "nibs" and I decided to centre the slots so the rubber nibs were not rubbing and I greased it all too. No luck.

I'm now starting to think my creak is not with the CB005.

After I got my Ford Racing springs installed I've always had a creak, albeit less noticeable than now. These springs are basically Eibach Pro Lines as I understand and the top 3 or 4 rungs sit right on top of each other. My initial impression after their install was it's coming from there.

I think it's now gotten louder as the springs are taking more of the load now that the cradle is tighter and it doesn't move around as much.

Only happens when taking off from a stop btw or going up a bumpy incline.

Oh and [MENTION=18961]5ABI VT[/MENTION], your sound is different than mine. Yours is a squeek, mine is a creak.

Next step is to grease the coils that are touching and see if that helps. If it does, I'll need to find those rubber covers that go over the coils that touch ... if anyone knows a source, please share.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Good to hear. I was doubtful the CB005 was your issue, but, "stuff happens" - you never know.

Keep up the great work. I look forward to seeing what it turns out to be.

I will say this, I have had more issues with NVH from Progressive rate coil springs than just about everything else combined.

Good luck!

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
Next step is to grease the coils that are touching and see if that helps. If it does, I'll need to find those rubber covers that go over the coils that touch ... if anyone knows a source, please share.
i wonder if that could be it, i have progressives and didnt have those covers but now they do on the website, upgrading shock mounts first this week see if that helps my creak

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
i wonder if that could be it, i have progressives and didnt have those covers but now they do on the website, upgrading shock mounts first this week see if that helps my creak

[MENTION=16680]Jon|3.7[/MENTION] ... can you post a link please?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
not the rear suspension stock shock mounts is it ? if lowered its the factory rubber bush in there crushing and creaking ?

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Some have made their own with heater hose ... I may go that route just to isolate the issue ...

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
I am having that exact noise coming from the rear of the car. I have Steeda Liner Ultralite Springs, SR Vertical Links, and the Cradle Lockout Kit from BMR. I just ordered the Steeda Billet Shock Mounts, and that should at least help us eliminate one factor.

Daidalos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD MUSTANG GT 2016
I had the same kind of very loud annoying sound coming from the driver side rear suspension. Turns out the Steeda Camber arm inner delrin bushing was covered in some black goo that I guess used to be grease... That made the arm very difficult to move... Cleaned it up and put it back with some fresh grease. Absolutely no sounds/noise now. But I have to say the steeda parts are definitely not made for winter. After one single winter it all looks like cr@p and the "powder-coat" is just flaking away...

34F944BC-F944-41D5-8978-0D7D10154927_zpsmxe5pcg1.jpg

8B4B8BFE-CED9-43A1-9AD5-9A1FE59DE1AB_zpsnjwq0rqf.jpg
Sponsored