Sponsored

Naming your car

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
I've always given my vehicles fictional character names based on the color, look, and/or feel of the vehicle. A few examples I've used: The Cruiser, Beast, Road Star, Smurf, Silver Surfer, and Obsidian.

I have friends who give their cars female names, buuuut that's just not my thing.
Sponsored

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I only recently started naming my vehicles. Only the ones that are important to me.

My GT is named Ghost. I don't usually use the name or call her a she unless I'm talking about babying her or when comparing her to my gf.

My ZX10R was name demons. Because it allowed me to conquer my demons by riding them all around town.

Memphis-EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Impact Blue Ecoboost
Always named my cars, at first it was because the junkers I started out with seemed to have personalities of their own, now that I am in something I don't have to pray will start every morning I just keep the tradition going. Current car is "Mad MoXXXi" Yes I am a geek, naming a car is a little weird, but hey its mine and it does not hurt anybody but snowflakes.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Naming our cars is kind of a holdover from the street racing days when we first started using two way radios. You didn't want to use your name so you adopted a handle then over time the handle came to be associated more with the car than the driver. So we just changed out the handle when we changed out the ride. Which basically meant we were naming our cars.

Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Naming our cars is kind of a holdover from the street racing days when we first started using two way radios. You didn't want to use your name so you adopted a handle then over time the handle came to be associated more with the car than the driver. So we just changed out the handle when we changed out the ride. Which basically meant we were naming our cars.
You are a member of the old man club as well 'eh? :D

5.0-50A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary WW STICK
every horse, rocket, battleship, airplane and ponycar should have a name.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
don't forget boats.

My favorite was a 90' Donzi Sport fisherman that docked across the marina from me in Miami called "Undisclosed Settlement"

Sponsored

WattsND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 V6, 2018 GT Premium
I haven't named a car before, but I've never owned one this beautiful.... so it's definitely getting a name.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
You should let her know that your car is genderqueer/non-binary and prefers "they/them" pronouns.
Oh God even trolling that is sad to think people think like that.

Anyways I named mine Scarlett for obvious reasons. I never named cars before but it changed with this car.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
IMO...if someone names their car it's because it means something to them. They look back at it when going into a store, park a little further away, feed it the best gas, referred to it as a he or she. Someone that spends a lot of time with it and modifies looks and performance. Spends time with other people at car events and even forums like this. After all that to actually name the car...seems only fitting.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
30712132_1678955265532765_4264569128091648000_o.jpg
Sponsored