Sponsored

What Makes Your Car Worth It?

Deleted member 35775

.... making that Voodoo engine scream at 8,000 RPM when I take an extra long entrance ramp .... the sound of the Voodoo engine when shifting from 4th to 3rd at 80 MPH. Lol, this scenario occurs daily when I make a 25 mile Starbucks run (vs. going to a Starbucks 1.5 miles from my house)

As traktrbeam said above, "I love everything about my car"

20210922_203232-studio~2-01.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
So far this is the only car I've done that with besides my first car. Never done in my last several and a few of those were awesome cars too like a 2010 Raptor 6.2L and a 2011 GT500. Actually avoided long drives in the GT500, felt like it was beating me up after 2 hours in the drivers seat. As you know, this car begs to be driven. May drive mine across the country to mustang week next year. Also may lightly stalk @Jmeo 's wide body Shelby while on that side too lol.
I don't have that long of a vacation but if they do Mustangs in Vegas, I'm about 6 hours away. Totally worth it.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I don't have that long of a vacation but if they do Mustangs in Vegas, I'm about 6 hours away. Totally worth it.
Oh yeah Vegas would be an easier drive for sure!

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.... making that Voodoo engine scream at 8,000 RPM when I take an extra long entrance ramp .... the sound of the Voodoo engine when shifting from 4th to 3rd at 80 MPH. Lol, this scenario occurs daily when I make a 25 mile Starbucks run (vs. going to a Starbucks 1.5 miles from my house)

As traktrbeam said above, "I love everything about my car"

20210922_203232-studio~2-01.jpeg
I'm looking at a GT350 right now. It's a blast. Dealer wants 53.9k and won't budge a dollar with 37k miles.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I enjoy driving it hard, So I got the E/B HHP. but I also have an older car that was a performance package persay over the basic car.(what they called performance in the mid 80's) That it is fun to tinker with even with knowing it will never drive, handle like today's performance cars without bank vault cash water cool checkbook and turning it into something else Than what it started as.
For me it is a hobby, I had to scale back as it was more like a 2nd job, when you have 4 project vehicles to keep up with plus the daily drivers.
My tinkering car doesn't need to be the fastest, just has to put a smile on my face, I want the big block rumble, So I am hunting for an alum block To keep the nose weight at about the same as the all iron turd it was born with. LS or LT sbc would be easier, but the raw low end torque of a big block without the need or a turbo(s) or blower is key.
The K.I.S.S. applies here, again the key is to keep it fun and a hobby not a second job, on up keep.
Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. Now it is time to enjoy a less crazy money black hole that non stock fast vehicles can become, project creep is real.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I was going to write about the growl of the V8, the power, the rear wheel drive, the exotic and sporty layout of the dashboard, etc. But no. The best thing about this car, which makes having bought it really worth it, is the incredible amount of love it gets from other people. Especially from children. Even from cops.
Five year old kids walk up to it and caress it. Older kids and teenagers take pictures of it with their mobile phones or take sound recordings when I drive away. When I got pulled over for speeding, after handing me the ticket the cop praised the car, told me (indirectly, of course) that there were going to be no more speed traps from that point on, and asked me to step on it hard when I leave, to make it sound nice.
One day I gave my aunt a lift. When we got to her place and got off the car, a neighbour of hers, an octogenarian lady, who happened to walk by just as we arrived, greeted her and then said: oh my, what a beautiful car! Later on, another old lady, who lived in the same building and happened to be looking out the window at the time, asked her who that gentleman was who had brought her home in that beautiful car.
I can't believe how much love this car gets. I'm sure it wouldn't get even a tenth of it if it were a Ferrari or a Lamborghini.

Last edited:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Five year old kids walk up to it and caress it.
While I like the story and mine also gets plenty of praise, although likely not as much as yours in Romania, that is exactly how five year olds lose hands in my book lol.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was going to write about the growl of the V8, the power, the rear wheel drive, the exotic and sporty layout of the dashboard, etc. But no. The best thing about this car, which makes having bought it really worth it, is the incredible amount of love it gets from other people. Especially from children. Even from cops.
Five year old kids walk up to it and caress it. Older kids and teenagers take pictures of it with their mobile phones or take sound recordings when I drive away. When I got pulled over for speeding, after handing me the ticket the cop praised the car, told me (indirectly, of course) that there were going to be no more speed traps from that point on, and asked me to step on it hard when I leave, to make it sound nice.
One day I gave my aunt a lift. When we got to her place and got off the car, a neighbour of hers, an octogenarian lady, who happened to walk by just as we arrived, greeted her and then said: oh my, what a beautiful car! Later on, another old lady, who lived in the same building and happened to be looking out the window at the time, asked her who that gentleman was who had brought her home in that beautiful car.
I can't believe how much love this car gets. I'm sure it wouldn't get even a tenth of it if it were a Ferrari or a Lamborghini.
What's the cop story?

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
How the U.S. should be but with Autobahn.
Disagree. Our current culture of drivers wouldn't handle more speed well. Most can't handle just 60mph. Of course I would like to drive faster consequence free but not if the people on the road with me are swerving and slamming on brakes in their econoboxes that handle like shopping carts. I'm actually teaching a 25 year old to drive right now. She's still completely terrified of the freeway and gets flustered at a red light with other drivers close. She is getting better and drives fairly well when she's not thinking about it as much. Just needs time behind the wheel and I keep teaching pedal modulation and nailing home where the wheels actually are. Backing around corners needs work. Having driven in Germany, they take driving 100 times more serious than we do. We hand out licenses just so we don't have to take kids places anymore. Most have forgotten driving is a pillage and demands respect in all aspects.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disagree. Our current culture of drivers wouldn't handle more speed well. Most can't handle just 60mph. Of course I would like to drive faster consequence free but not if the people on the road with me are swerving and slamming on brakes in their econoboxes that handle like shopping carts. I'm actually teaching a 25 year old to drive right now. She's still completely terrified of the freeway and gets flustered at a red light with other drivers close. She is getting better and drives fairly well when she's not thinking about it as much. Just needs time behind the wheel and I keep teaching pedal modulation and nailing home where the wheels actually are. Backing around corners needs work. Having driven in Germany, they take driving 100 times more serious than we do. We hand out licenses just so we don't have to take kids places anymore. Most have forgotten driving is a pillage and demands respect in all aspects.
I agree. Only curious... What brand models are popular in Eastern Europe? In Italy I saw a lot of Audi A2s, Renults, and Peugets. Probably butchered their names but I don't care to be honest lol.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I agree. Only curious... What brand models are popular in Eastern Europe? In Italy I saw a lot of Audi A2s, Renults, and Peugets. Probably butchered their names but I don't care to be honest lol.
It was November/December of 2019 when I was in Germany. Nothing crazy cool. Think you're hauling ass in the rental till the old lady in her BMW or Mercedes wagon flies by going mach 25. Pretty much stay in the right lane except to pass, as it should be, and don't get in anyone's way that's going mach 25. Co worker was driving and thought he had time to pass a truck. Gave the rental all it had but that old lady wasn't having any of it! We passed and got back to the right and she flies by us throwing hand signals and honking her horn haha!

Off topic but a great story. Mom-in-law always wanted a Steiff bear. German stuffed teddy bear company basically invented teddy bears. Well I was there so my co worker and I went to the Steiff factory about 2 hours away. 2 grown men, one white 6'2 285lbs. and one black 6' 215lbs. going to get a freaking teddy bear! The drive there was actually my first time ever being on the Autobahn so took the 2 hours. We get there and have to look around. Me being me, kept calling my co worker over to look at what I was looking at when he obviously didn't want any part of being there. I got my mom-in-law the 2019 Museum Bear that you can only purchase there at the factory. When I showed my co worker the price (I already knew what I was getting into) of over 200 Euro, his loud booming voice filled the entire place saying "WHAT?!?!?! For that little teddy bear?!?!" and I preceded to erupt in laughter. Even the tiny key chain bears were 60-80 Euro. The drive back was much more fun now that I was used to the Autobahn. Got back closer to 1.5 hours and learned the rental would start to vibrate and feel unstable around 200kph so kept it around 199 lol. Pretty sure all son-in-laws on the planet got some residual points when my mom-in-law opened her Christmas present that year. I wasn't able to be there in person because work but my wife was able to Facetime me. She made a special space for it and it stays in the box well protected.
Sponsored