NA Dyno Results!

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Like others have mentioned I think the dyno is reading low. I would trust Lund, they have no reason to not give you all the hp they can. Other tuners will only be able to turn the timing up some more, resulting in more hp, but also potentially pushing it into being unsafe for the car.

The 401 base reading seems low, and I don't think it would have gained anymore looking at the graph, even if it was revved out to 7,500. When American Muscle did their dyno video (500+rwhp with bolt-ons) their base dyno run was 437. So even if your car made 410hp later in the rpm range, they still had 27+hp on your base, which would put your final number at 522, which is 11 more hp then their final number with FBO and e85.

American muscle had a really high reading for a fbo mustang gt. And when you adjust to their base (ignoring scaling) you at least make 11+hp over them, and maybe even 20+hp depending on what your car would make at 7,000rpm. If you assume that the numbers are scaled bigger than you made at least 18+hp (assuming your car makes 410 peak base) and possibly 30+hp (assuming your base only peaked at 401).

Dynos aren't the same, the correction factor isn't the same, and while big numbers sound great and make us hopeful, the reality is some dynos hand out bigger numbers than others. Even though I want my car to make 520+whp when I'm done, if my dyno is like yours I will make probably 490 haha.

Like others have said you made 90+hp over the base and that's what you should be comparing to other dyno graphs/numbers.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kristang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Like others have mentioned I think the dyno is reading low. I would trust Lund, they have no reason to not give you all the hp they can. Other tuners will only be able to turn the timing up some more, resulting in more hp, but also potentially pushing it into being unsafe for the car.

The 401 base reading seems low, and I don't think it would have gained anymore looking at the graph, even if it was revved out to 7,500. When American Muscle did their dyno video (500+rwhp with bolt-ons) their base dyno run was 437. So even if your car made 410hp later in the rpm range, they still had 27+hp on your base, which would put your final number at 522, which is 11 more hp then their final number with FBO and e85.

American muscle had a really high reading for a fbo mustang gt. And when you adjust to their base (ignoring scaling) you at least make 11+hp over them, and maybe even 20+hp depending on what your car would make at 7,000rpm. If you assume that the numbers are scaled bigger than you made at least 18+hp (assuming your car makes 410 peak base) and possibly 30+hp (assuming your base only peaked at 401).

Dynos aren't the same, the correction factor isn't the same, and while big numbers sound great and make us hopeful, the reality is some dynos hand out bigger numbers than others. Even though I want my car to make 520+whp when I'm done, if my dyno is like yours I will make probably 490 haha.

Like others have said you made 90+hp over the base and that's what you should be comparing to other dyno graphs/numbers.
Great response! Thank you! I just went for a drive after loading the transmission revision. It is completely different car than it was before the FBO mods. I will eventually get it to the drag strip, I think that will be a better measure of what the power it's producing. I am very happy with how it runs and drives for a NA car.

OP
OP

Kristang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
I made just over 470hp FBO "E72" w/ 10r80, long tubes with cats, no CJ, no cams. I think you're doing just fine. 10r80 or 6-speed ? Cats ? Would be good if you could display results in SAE not STD. Here's my results.

FBO E72 Results.JPG
It's an A10 car, with cats. I can see if they will convert the results to SAE from STD. Would be interesting to see the difference. Your numbers look good!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
The way the car falls flat after 6500rpm makes me consider the tune isn't optimized. This thing should continue to rise after 7krpm with the mods you have on it.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Great response! Thank you! I just went for a drive after loading the transmission revision. It is completely different car than it was before the FBO mods. I will eventually get it to the drag strip, I think that will be a better measure of what the power it's producing. I am very happy with how it runs and drives for a NA car.
If you have a friend with a stock hellcat, arranging a roll race will tell you if the car is performing. I would expect that you will beat a hellcat, at least keep up till 140.

Track times and mph will also be good. Just remember you will need slicks now.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Honestly Lund has gone done hill some since they grew, they seem to pay a lot less attention to detail than they used to when it was just him and his son. There are more people that had poor experience than there used to be. Usually, things like they blatantly forgetting to make a tune change or them taking a while to get back to you. Seems they have a trend of replying a lot faster if you're a Shelby customer than a GT/Boltons guy.

And I say this as a customer and guy that lives just a couple towns over. I'd still use them again over most but their rep has taken a hit the last few years.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I did the installation of the parts myself and I uploaded the tune from Lund myself. The dyno shop has no involvement with my build other than what I paid them to do, which was dyno my car. They had no idea I was going to go with the FBO package until I made the second "after" appointment.
How bad was that cam install? Iā€˜ve been kinda thinking about them for mine While I have the I take manifold off right now. Doesnā€™t Comp Cams make a Stage 3 cam set that doesnā€™t require springs? Did you upgrade any of the tensioners and chains while you were in there?w

slowdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation Duramax
Sounds good to me.

My first question always is what was the ambient temperature? And what was the ambient temperature of those cars tunes youā€™re comparing yours to? Careful comparing pulls on different dynos in different garages with maybe 30 degrees difference in ambient temperature especially with NA cars. To truly compare pulls you need the same exact dyno on the same exact day (even relative humidity changes will affect the numbers)

We tuned my car again this summer and it was 90 degrees and humid out and it was 21hp less than last time it was tuned when it was probably 50 degrees outside. Zero modification changes and same dyno.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
How bad was that cam install? Iā€˜ve been kinda thinking about them for mine While I have the I take manifold off right now. Doesnā€™t Comp Cams make a Stage 3 cam set that doesnā€™t require springs? Did you upgrade any of the tensioners and chains while you were in there?w
They make a stage 3 for 15-17. Stage 2 is the highest they go on 2018+.

But donā€™t think the stage 2 is less than the 15-17 stage 3. I just think they only made 2 nsr cams for 2018+

OP
OP

Kristang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
If you are doing oil pump gears and sprocket, that is the time to do the cams! It's not difficult, you just have to be certain you get the cams positioned and the chains installed correctly.

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I had a 2018 300a (no drive modes) with a Roush P2. Dyno'd at 666whp.... Ran a 10.9 @129.

I now have a 2019 401a with a Roush P2. Dyno'd at 624whp. Ran a 10.8 @131.

Driver mod? Seat time? Track prep? Dyno operator?

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I had a 2018 300a (no drive modes) with a Roush P2. Dyno'd at 666whp.... Ran a 10.9 @129.

I now have a 2019 401a with a Roush P2. Dyno'd at 624whp. Ran a 10.8 @131.

Driver mod? Seat time? Track prep? Dyno operator?
Probably a combination of better DA during the faster run and different dyno/different day, etc.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
Sounds good to me.

My first question always is what was the ambient temperature? And what was the ambient temperature of those cars tunes youā€™re comparing yours to? Careful comparing pulls on different dynos in different garages with maybe 30 degrees difference in ambient temperature especially with NA cars. To truly compare pulls you need the same exact dyno on the same exact day (even relative humidity changes will affect the numbers)

We tuned my car again this summer and it was 90 degrees and humid out and it was 21hp less than last time it was tuned when it was probably 50 degrees outside. Zero modification changes and same dyno.
Did you compare the results with SAE adjustment on both? Dynojet? I would expect NA cars to be very close in different actual conditions WITH SAE adjustment on a dynojet.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
How much was it to do all that? Wonder if a supercharger would be more cost-effective. The Coyote seems to love boost.
Sponsored