2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
A white warning? Usually white indicates just info and not necessarily a warning or error.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm seeing two red "oilcan" icons and one amber one in that second link.

I'm pretty sure that the icons with the squiggly line under the can refer to oil level, while the one that does not is related to other oiling system conditions (like pressure?).

Norm

Sponsored

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I'm seeing two red "oilcan" icons and one amber one in that second link.

I'm pretty sure that the icons with the squiggly line under the can refer to oil level, while the one that does not is related to other oiling system conditions (like pressure?).

Norm
Here's my artist rendering

It was definit white
Hasn't shown up again
I think I've ruled out anything seriouslike oil etc,pressure normal.fulloil.radiatit is full.

1021211446a_resized.jpg

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Where on the dash were these icons showing up?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
A white warning? Usually white indicates just info and not necessarily a warning or error.
Exactly.....

Dashboard lights appear in several colors, and each color relates to the seriousness of an issue. Blue, white, and green colored dashboard lights provide information. For example, you’ll see a blue headlamp light when engaging your high beams.

Yellow colored lights represent issues or statuses that you should take note of immediately. You’ve likely seen the yellow seatbelt light come on if you’re not buckled up. While this is an issue you can fix, other yellow lights require service. For example, a yellow battery icon means there’s an issue with your electrical system, and it’s best to get your battery and alternator tested by a professional.

Red warning lights are the most serious, and you should identify and deal with the issue as quickly as possible. Red lights indicate a current failure in a specific area which can cause serious problems.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Just above where the 3 gauges appear on screen
No idea then. You likely saw something that is not normally displayed or some display function glitch. As others have said, if it was white, that's info, not necessarily a warning or problem.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Couple of questions: sounds like you have the digital instrument cluster- do the mustangs display a freeze warning below a certain temp? Do some mustangs have a camera on the front that may be obstructed by weather conditions (fog, rain)? I have had customers (not mustang) see white icons for these conditions and ask what it means.

Also, it looks like you drew an upside down drop, which might actually be a pointer pointing down, like for climate settings. Did it show two of them like you drew? If you turn your climate knobs all the way down, does it show what you drew? I don’t have the digital cluster so I’m not familiar with the expanded functionality it may provide in the mustang.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Also, it looks like you drew an upside down drop, which might actually be a pointer pointing down, like for climate settings. Did it show two of them like you drew? If you turn your climate knobs all the way down, does it show what you drew? I don’t have the digital cluster so I’m not familiar with the expanded functionality it may provide in the mustang.
You might be on to something here. The only place I have ever seen the LO LO is when the climate is set to max AC (one for left side and right side).
Those upside down rain drops also look like GPS pins.

The mystery continues...

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah, but climate control information is never displayed on the IPC.
I think the most plausible explanation is a temporary software glitch. It might be some kind of debugging information that's displayed when the unit goes into some engineering or testing mode. Which you shouldn't see in normal use but was temporarily triggered by some electronic glitch.

We must keep in mind that the IPC is not merely a display. It's a very powerful computer in its own right, which is capable of much more than just displaying engine revs and speed. Who knows how many layers of software there may be behind the surface...
Sponsored