Sponsored

Mystery liquid

rwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2018 Jeep Wrangler
Let me start this off by saying i’m definitely not a mechanical oriented guy, so I thought I would ask here.

I noticed a reasonably large pool of liquid gathering under my engine, it’s not oil nor antifreeze so i’m not too concerned it just seems like a lot of liquid.

I also wanted to know if anyone had any insight on this pooling on the right side of my engine near what seems to be a sensor:

127F0F76-701E-4AD2-90D1-C43E0691288C.jpeg
Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I d say the picture is oil residue either from someone dripping when filling or maybe the sensor has a seal that s bad. I would get some parts cleaner/brake cleaner and spray the area clean and then just monitor it. Make sure if anyone puts oil in that they don t drip any. I would n t refer that as pooling.
As far as whats under the car we would need to see the liquid, could be anything including condensation (water) from AC/ defroster .

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I d say the picture is oil residue either from someone dripping when filling or maybe the sensor has a seal that s bad. I would get some parts cleaner/brake cleaner and spray the area clean and then just monitor it. Make sure if anyone puts oil in that they don t drip any. I would n t refer that as pooling.
As far as whats under the car we would need to see the liquid, could be anything including condensation (water) from AC/ defroster .
Agreed, if it’s straight water it’s usually AC condensation and normal. Otherwise a pic would help-

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I d say the picture is oil residue either from someone dripping when filling or maybe the sensor has a seal that s bad.
This. 90% chance that's just from spillage during an oil-change.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Is it right below your hood vent?

Sponsored

OP
OP
rwolf

rwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2018 Jeep Wrangler
I’ll be watching that spot for a while thanks,

and as for under the car, here’s what happens: sorry for bad picture was in a rush

3210D8DA-1BEC-4495-BA52-6F793A50EFE1.png

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Usually if you are running A/C or the defroster, the condensation from the HVAC system purges through a drainage hole in the firewall (inside of engine bay, passenger side, bottom towards ground). The "fluid" is water and will pool on the ground. Usually this is present under passenger side and is more noticeable at home in driveway or garage.

--

The other spot you see on top of your valve cover is definitely oil residue. Spray with Simple Green, and wipe dry with a microfiber (paper towels will just tear up). I'd guess like others have mentioned - from an oil change.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
the garage floor looks like water. so you really have no issues at all here. Good to go!

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
the garage floor looks like water. so you really have no issues at all here. Good to go!
Living in atl I always see a sizeable puddle under my car in the garage and seeping out from under it on a hot day with a.c. rinning. try not running your ac and see if you still get liquid. Of you Ron hvac system on auto the a.c. will always run.go into your climate control and make sure you turn a.c. off.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Floor is easy to check. Get some on your fingers and rub them together. Water (condensate, as suggested above) will feel like nothing. Anything else coming from the car, be it engine oil, transmission oil, brake fluid or coolant, will feel greasy between your fingers.
Sponsored