Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
In the meantime I decided to get rid of the sound tube for good. I wasn't going to reconnect it anyway. I like the natural sound of the engine. So, thanks to Steeda, who were so kind to send it to me although it didn't feature on their European website, I got a sound tube delete kit.

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

You can see the 10mm nut still in place, which gives away the fact that I couldn't remove it. :giggle:
Actually I could have, but it was so painfully slow, and the bolt so awfully long, that I lost my patience. It would have taken me hours.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
New mod: Steeda aluminum pedal set. :sunglasses:
I wanted a clutch pedal with a flat metallic surface, because the stock pedal's horizontal rubber stripes made it next to impossible to slide my foot on the pedal. I don't use my whole leg to operate the clutch. I keep my heel planted and move just the ankle, while the pedal slides on my sole. This gives me much finer control and completely eliminates the stress and fatigue in the left knee that's usually associated with driving manual cars. But this doesn't work if the clutch pedal, like the stock Mustang one, is designed to be as grippy as possible. So I figured the Steeda pedal set might be a suitable replacement. Plus, it looks better.

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
How long are your feet if you can operate the full clutch movement without moving your heel ... ? :shock:

I am completely the opposite i.e. heel completely off the floor through the full travel :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm a size 10.5 on the UK chart.
Most people use the whole leg, which I think may explain the success of the Steeda clutch spring. When you use the whole leg you don't feel so well what you're doing, and the spring helps with that.
Of course you can't operate the clutch completely, from start to end, with the heel planted. But that's not the idea. I use the whole leg to push the pedal down. I don't push it with the ball of my foot, but with my toes, and use the whole leg to push it, while the heel is in the air. Once the pedal is all the way to the floor I plant my heel down. Now when I start releasing the clutch, I keep the heel down and just rotate the ankle, letting the pedal slide on my sole. I can feel the biting point, I can keep the pedal there if needed (like when reversing up a slight slope, or when moving slowly in stop & go traffic), or I can change my mind and press it again to the floor while keeping the heel still planted and sliding the pedal on my sole in the opposite direction, towards my toes. I can switch from the full-down position to the biting point and back just by rotating the ankle, while the heel is stationary. This gives me perfect control and completely eliminates the fatigue that I'd get in my knee in stop&go traffic if I used the whole leg. When I want to release the clutch completely, I just slide the pedal up to the biting point like I said, then once it's past that point I lift the whole leg and place my foot on the rest pedal.
It sounds strange and impossible at first, but once you try it and see how well it works you'll regret not having discovered it earlier. It does take a bit of practice though. It will feel strange at first, you'll have the impression that you're lacking control and will tend to revert to the tried and tested whole-leg method, but it's worth persisting. Once you master the technique you'll never go back.

Last edited:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I opted for a grille without the pony or a place for a pony. Not hard to swap grilles at all. Same with deck lid. Chrome was gone within the first few weeks of ownership.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Ruby Red shift knob from White Madness Garage, to match the color of the car. :sunglasses:
They could have made it with a custom engraving, or with no engraving at all, but I chose the manual shift pattern because I wanted the knob to look as OEM-ish as possible to the untrained eye.

File_002.jpg

File_001.jpg

File_003.jpg

It's a bit heavier than the OEM knob. Actually, more than a bit. :)

File_000.jpg

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Ruby Red shift knob from White Madness Garage, to match the color of the car. :sunglasses:
They could have made it with a custom engraving, or with no engraving at all, but I chose the manual shift pattern because I wanted the knob to look as OEM-ish as possible to the untrained eye.

File_002.jpg

File_001.jpg

File_003.jpg

It's a bit heavier than the OEM knob. Actually, more than a bit. :)

File_000.jpg
Very nice!! Does it really match the paint of the car? If so I'm all over this!+

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yes, it does. Since it's Ruby Red and the car is Lucid Red, I expected to see a slight difference, but I don't. I'm sure I could see it if I placed it on the bonnet in direct sunlight, but when it's installed it's unnoticeable. For all intents and purposes it's a perfect match.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
This is the shift knob:
https://www.wmgarage.com/product-page/2015-ford-mustang-s550-manual-shift-knob

And the engraving service:
https://www.wmgarage.com/product-page/ball-engraving-service

The only thing that worries me a bit is that it's made of stainless steel. While this is a good thing in itself, meaning that the knob feels great, has a nice weight to it and is so sturdy that it can survive a nuclear holocaust, I have a hunch that it will be ice-cold in the winter and scalding hot in the summer. We'll see...

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
This is the shift knob:
https://www.wmgarage.com/product-page/2015-ford-mustang-s550-manual-shift-knob

And the engraving service:
https://www.wmgarage.com/product-page/ball-engraving-service

The only thing that worries me a bit is that it's made of stainless steel. While this is a good thing in itself, meaning that the knob feels great, has a nice weight to it and is so sturdy that it can survive a nuclear holocaust, I have a hunch that it will be ice-cold in the winter and scalding hot in the summer. We'll see...
On my 500 Abarth I had a stainless steel gear knob, and to me it felt very premium. The negatives of temperature extremes weren't a big deal, you can just cover it with a rag or something.

What are you going to do with your carbon knob?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't know. I guess I'll keep it at least for a while, just in case I don't like the feeling of the new one and decide to revert to it. And then maybe I'll put it up for sale.
I do feel sorry for it, because it's really beautiful and feels so incredibly nice to the touch...

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
On my 500 Abarth I had a stainless steel gear knob, and to me it felt very premium. The negatives of temperature extremes weren't a big deal, you can just cover it with a rag or something.

What are you going to do with your carbon knob?

What no shifter knob muff, with logo say it ain't true..............? LMAO

@ Vlad
Weighing the shift knob seems a bit extreem, to me. But now i want to know what's in the trunk?

Seriously, it looks tits in the car, even if it is to heavy , grin

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Are you aware of the hat wearing demonic presence in the back of your car ...

1610830180449.jpeg

:devil:

WD :like:

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
@ Vlad
Weighing the shift knob seems a bit extreem, to me. But now i want to know what's in the trunk?
I agree. I don't care about the weight. I've read about weighted shift knobs, and how they improve the feeling and help the shifter to go easier into gear, but frankly I don't feel anything. The shifter feels exactly the same as it did before.
I didn't choose it for the weight, but for the color and build quality.
I weighed it just because I happened to have the scale at hand and thought someone might be interested. :)

Are you aware of the hat wearing demonic presence in the back of your car ...
Actually, I did notice that. It took me a while to figure out what that was. :crackup:

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
UFO, they are big on the worry, run for your life these days. List of the possible tragic events ending all life on the planet ?
Sponsored