Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hi guys,

After nine long months, I've finally got a phone call from my dealer to let me know that the car has arrived. He sent me some pictures, too. They had just unloaded it from the trailer, still wrapped in protective foil.

a9886889-1ff6-463c-b7de-dca08e039284.jpeg
082ddbdd-b720-4cf0-a328-480ab350a02e.jpeg
4fde7372-9490-4cc9-b1a5-2d1a2a13feb0.jpeg
16aec505-50af-4d59-80c9-4ad0a6947862.jpeg

They will prepare it for sale on Monday morning, and by noon I will be able to drive it home.
It's a GT with MT-82, to which I added Magneride, Sync 3 + navigation, B&O sound system and heated/cooled seats. Unfortunately it also has things that I didn't want, like the safe&smart package and FordPass Connect, but that's OK, I will take care of those one way or another.

The colour is called Lucid Red or Red Carpet, but I believe it's the same as Rapid Red just with a different name. It's supposed to be a tiny bit lighter than Ruby Red, though I guess you'd only notice that in a direct side-by-side comparison.

I will post proper pictures next week.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Hi guys,

After nine long months, I've finally got a phone call from my dealer to let me know that the car has arrived. He sent me some pictures, too. They had just unloaded it from the trailer, still wrapped in protective foil.

They will prepare it for sale on Monday morning, and by noon I will be able to drive it home.
It's a GT with MT-82, to which I added Magneride, Sync 3 + navigation, B&O sound system and heated/cooled seats. Unfortunately it also has things that I didn't want, like the safe&smart package and FordPass Connect, but that's OK, I will take care of those one way or another.

The colour is called Lucid Red or Red Carpet, but I believe it's the same as Rapid Red just with a different name. It's supposed to be a tiny bit lighter than Ruby Red, though I guess you'd only notice that in a direct side-by-side comparison.

I bet you're excited! 9 months is a long time to wait. The next few days are going to be the longest. Congratulations!

Don't let the dealer prep the car. Inspect it for damage on thier lot and don't let them wash or detail it. Horror stories on this forum.

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thank you. Indeed, I am. This is not only the end of a nine month wait, but the fulfilment of a lifetime dream. For me the Mustang has always been the very essence of the concept of car. Raw power. Timeless design. No nonsense. The American dream. Deep in my heart I've always nurtured the hope that some day I would own a Mustang, even if I had to import it myself.
So I'm not just excited, I'm also a bit scared. They say you shouldn't meet your childhood heroes. And that's exactly what I'm about to do - meet my (admittedly not childhood, but early adulthood) hero. I don't know what to expect. I don't know what I've gotten myself into. We'll see... :)

They won't do any detailing. They'll just remove the protective foils and mount the licence plate brackets. I've been dealing with this dealer for several years. I bought two other cars from them, I also go there for yearly checkups and other repairs, and never had any reason whatsoever to complain. They're really good. I have no reason to expect any surprises.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I picked up the car today. Everything is perfect, no problem at all.
The colour is absolutely stunning. :inlove:
I will post pictures as soon as I get the chance to take some.

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm amazed by how different the colour looks in different kinds of light. In direct sunlight it looks like crimson, in the shade like ruby, and (most surprisingly) in the early morning light before sunrise it looks like plain vanilla red. And I'm not sure how you see it on your displays, because my computer renders it a bit brownish, while the phone I took the pictures with shows a bright rose. Even Windows and iOS have a hard time understanding this colour. :cwl:

IMG_0989.jpg
IMG_0991.jpg
IMG_0994.jpg

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
From the pics it looks much more like a Ruby Red than any other red color Ford currently uses.

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
A friend of mine has a Mondeo in Ruby Red. I know that colour well. Mine looks just like Ruby Red in bluish daylight (that is, on an overcast day, or in the shade on a sunny day), but it's obviously lighter in any other kind of light.
In direct sunlight it looks fantastic. :inlove:
Ruby Red seems to me to be much more consistent. I've seen his car on different occasions, in different kinds of light, and it always looked the same.

First mod: Steeda hood struts, installed today. :sunglasses:

IMG_0996.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Second mod: Mishimoto oil catch can on the passenger's side:

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

I had originally ordered a Ford Performance catch can, but it later turned out it wasn't in stock, and I would have had to wait until one could be shipped from the States, so I cancelled the order and bought a Mishimoto.
It looks and feels like extremely high quality engineering and manufacturing. I really like it. The installation was a piece of cake. They say 1.5 hours in the description, but that's enormously generous. It didn't take me longer than fifteen minutes. And the can is very easy to empty, though it requires the radiator cover to be removed first (no big deal, just eight plastic clips).

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Hi guys,

Congratulations!!!

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks, Greg. :like:
I was a bit scared, not knowing what to expect from such an exotic car, not knowing whether I was going to like it or to regret having bought it, but not any more. I'm delighted. It is everything I was hoping it would be, and more.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
After a rainy day and a thorough wash with a high pressure washer, I'm happy to report that there's no water in the car - neither in the trunk nor under the rear glass. This was my greatest fear. I'm so relieved! :whew:

Last edited:

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Possible dummy question out of curiosity: are the euro-spec Mustangs also assembled in Flat Rock? I tried online to figure out where they otherwise might be assembled but couldn't find anything.

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yes, they're assembled in Flat Rock. There's just one thing they do in Europe, Belgium to be more precise, which is the underbody corrosion protection. I suspect that's for fiscal reasons - i.e. to have something, anything, done in Europe in order to avoid import taxes.