Sponsored

My New Wheels - Not Sure I'm Digging Them Unfortunately

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Certainly different than what we are all used to seeing but I think it‘s amazing, the exhaust tips and the white body stripe help pull it together. Guess you will have to see if it grows on you.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ha, well I indeed appreciate your opinion! It's either these or just sticking with the factory wheels...
Plasti-dip. Neon yellow or lime green would work. :)
but I'd try a semi/flat white first.

You are right to shun (nearly) black. blech!

wile e coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2014 Audi A6 TDI Soon to be 2022 Mach 1
well I'm not a big chrome guy but they look really good. It changes the stance and appearance in a good way. If you have the old wheels you can always swap around for the mood your in, just an idea. But they do look NICE !

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Im old school, so I like them. If you decide to sell them send me a message.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
first off Ive seen worse and by worse I mean just plain awful. This is not that.

Some constructive criticism:

I think with the chrome it highlights the stock ride height. These cars aren't wagons from the factory but the chrome really showcases it where i think the dark grey kinda help hides it with the gap+tire+dark rim.

Now the rim is all shiny and saying LOOK AT ME!!! an d providing super constrasted lines visually on bottom of the car.

The ratio is off. I think if you lowered the car this might tighten up some of the lines.

I also think maybe just maybe a completely chrome center cap or a silver one might help as well.

I think they look cool. Not my cup of tea but its a nice looking ride still.

Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I think it looks great actually.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It definitely feels more like a Cougar than a Mustang when looking at both back to back. It's really wild how it changes.
They indeed did a smashing job on these. The work is impeccable! I love me some chrome as well hence the chance I took, but man you're right, there's just something that ain't right.
Haha I'm getting up there and love Chrome too, just something looks outta place.
Heres the link to their listing for the Platinums. Also, I sent you a PM.
Same deal here, which is why I did it! Perhaps I need a few days to get used to it, it's just so jarringly different. Thanks!
Give it a couple weeks. The first week or so I had mine on, I was unsure I made the correct decision. But after that, I'm 100% certain it was the right one.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Only matters how you feel about them, personally they don't look bad but I do prefer the factory color. Give it a couple of weeks as mentioned or might need something to enhance the contrast. What about a Hybrid?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
personally I think that the chrome and red isn't a great look. Good experiement tho.

Honestly what you've done to those wheels will probably be highly desirable to someone with a different colored car. I bet you could sell those at a premium to somebody with a blue car maybe.

I bet you could get someone to swap with you (and they can throw in a few bucks to cover some of the cost of the beautiful chrome job)

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I don't care for chrome, but they look nice. The chrome would probably look really good on a Black Mach1.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I think the car looks killer either way.
Honestly. Both wheel set ups look great on that car.
Enjoy!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I am a 90's child. Chrome and brushed aluminum will always look better than black.
1675886075905.png
Same here, born early 80’s so was really getting into cars in the late 80’s/early 90’s. First set of wheels I bought for my first car were chrome 5 spokes from American Racing. Car was white so the chrome worked well.
Sponsored