blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
So as said in earlier posts. one day i go out to the car and all sorts of weirdness. my mode gone, seat presets gone. but today i try to set my mode and it wont let me. wont even let me into my mode. this is pissing me off. anyone else experiencing this?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Are you bringing the same key fob out to the car when that happens?

OP
OP
blackk3389

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you bringing the same key fob out to the car when that happens?
I always use the same key fob the other is in the safe. it is so weird, so many electrical glitches going on and this ford connect thing that is being raised is also pissing me off because the salesman and dealer told me that too was also included. i have been a true Ford blue customer. just entered my vin on ford pass and when i got in the car nothing but prompts came up and couldn't get my back up camera to work. and with limo tint that sucks!

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
I always use the same key fob the other is in the safe. it is so weird, so many electrical glitches going on and this ford connect thing that is being raised is also pissing me off because the salesman and dealer told me that too was also included. i have been a true Ford blue customer. just entered my vin on ford pass and when i got in the car nothing but prompts came up and couldn't get my back up camera to work. and with limo tint that sucks!
It sounds like you are having major electrical gremlin issues. Take it back to the dealer and get it looked at.

The fordpass issue is a different story. For that, reach out to your state AG and start the waiting game. You might be in a better position if the dealership promised that it would work in your car. They might be nice enough to ignore the ford edict and install the module / flash your system for support.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If that back up cam isn’t working - I’m going to suspect that the lead harness from it which is located under the trunk lid on right side (passenger side) is damaged.

It’s a real common S550 issue and there’s a Ford TSB on it as well. That trunk harness was more prone to damage/failure in the 2015-17’s, you would think Ford would have totally fixed the issue 2018-forward but it is a real possibility it’s still an issue.

You can’t tell there are damages by looking at the exterior harness, as you have to open the black conduit to see the damaged or broken wires in the loom.

There is a very detailed thread about the rear cam harness with the Ford TSB here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/backup-camera-not-working.122961/

———

Another area to check:
2018-2019+ with the factory Active Exhaust. The connectors at the end of each muffler is problematic; many M6G members have found that the harness is getting chafed, which eventually exposes the bare wires within their casings, which makes contact with the metal surfaces of the muffler or hangers. In many instances the connectors have also be found melted. The exposed wires on the metal causes a short, which not only affects the AE system, but can also affect and create many other electrical issues.

And here’s only a couple of the many 2018+ AE issues threads:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/active-exhaust-changing-by-itself.128882/#post-2664980

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/active-exhaust-issue.133239/

There is not any active TSB for the 2018+ AE harnesses, but as you can see by just those 2 threads, that harness shorting out due to melted wires or connectors can cause havoc across a vehicle that is tied together by multiple electronic modules.

I hope the above helps...

Last edited:
OP
OP
blackk3389

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If that back up cam isn’t working - I’m going to suspect that the lead harness from it which is located under the trunk lid on right side (passenger side) is damaged.

It’s a real common S550 issue and there’s a Ford TSB on it as well. That trunk harness was more prone to damage/failure in the 2015-17’s, you would think Ford would have totally fixed the issue 2018-forward but it is a real possibility it’s still an issue.

You can’t tell there are damages by looking at the exterior harness, as you have to open the black conduit to see the damaged or broken wires in the loom.

There is a very detailed thread about the rear cam harness with the Ford TSB here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/backup-camera-not-working.122961/

———

Another area to check:
2018-2019+ with the factory Active Exhaust. The connectors at the end of each muffler is problematic; many M6G members have found that the harness is getting chafed, which eventually exposes the bare wires within their casings, which makes contact with the metal surfaces of the muffler or hangers. In many instances the connectors have also be found melted. The exposed wires on the metal causes a short, which not only affects the AE system, but can also affect and create many other electrical issues.

And here’s only a couple of the many 2018+ AE issues threads:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/active-exhaust-changing-by-itself.128882/#post-2664980

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/active-exhaust-issue.133239/

There is not any active TSB for the 2018+ AE harnesses, but as you can see by just those 2 threads, that harness shorting out due to melted wires or connectors can cause havoc across a vehicle that is tied together by multiple electronic modules.

I hope the above helps...
Thanks for the links and replies guy's, i really wish i had my '16 base race red GT back. it truely was the best bang for the buck at $30k. this $47k was not money well spent in my opinion. i love the extra HP of the Bullitt and all, but was it worth the extra $17k?
the back up camera works now it was the prompts on the screen from ford connect that kept popping up that kept it from working that one time. but still have the my mode issue. going to the dealer after the holiday.

fahadco80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fahad
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10R80 Premium 401A Package with B&O Sound System
Thanks for the links and replies guy's, i really wish i had my '16 base race red GT back. it truely was the best bang for the buck at $30k. this $47k was not money well spent in my opinion. i love the extra HP of the Bullitt and all, but was it worth the extra $17k?
the back up camera works now it was the prompts on the screen from ford connect that kept popping up that kept it from working that one time. but still have the my mode issue. going to the dealer after the holiday.

Hi,

Did you figure out a fix?

I am having the exact same issue directly after receiving my car from the dealer after changing my one of exhaust valves, but I did not notice the (MyMode) until a week later cause I did not use it.

Please help if you have a fix

Regards

Fahad

OP
OP
blackk3389

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

Did you figure out a fix?

I am having the exact same issue directly after receiving my car from the dealer after changing my one of exhaust valves, but I did not notice the (MyMode) until a week later cause I did not use it.

Please help if you have a fix

Regards

Fahad[/QUOTE
you will have to rebuild your my mode it sucks. but another issue was a radio and Iphone issue, which i cleared with unhooking the negative terminal for a 1/2 hour or so which i had to rebuild my mode anyway. i no longer hook my phone up by USB anymore either and no issues.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey Blakk, may I ask you if you had to reset anything after disconnecting the battery? I need to replace my battery, and will have to travel 100 miles to do that (and hit the twisties again :D), and don't want to have any issues. If you leave the doors and windows fully closed (and indexed up), do you still loose the auto up/down mode? How about idle and fuel trims? Seat/mirror memories? MyMode, stereo presets, and dash settings? Any other settings? Just curious. I have one of those 9V gizmos that connect to a 12V receptacle, but don't think they work on modern cars anymore. Any info would be greatly appreciated :).
Sponsored