active exhaust issue

Buckeye

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt mustang
After I put exhaust in sport mode, it automatically goes back to normal, then shows "inactive" on my mode screen. Sometimes I get a message saying " active exhaust unavailable" or inactive. Found a thread in another forum reporting a similar issue caused by a short in wires near the exhaust. Going to take it to the dealer but would like any ideas before I do. Worried that they won't have seen this and will start a long diagnostic process.
Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Mine did the exact same thing... I had added a X pipe (res delete) and passenger side wires rubbed through cause of muffler being to close on my 19. Rather than take it in, I unplugged and re heat shrinked the exposed wires, adjusted exhaust again and wrapped the wiring. replaced the fuse under the hood for active exhaust. Once that was done it was all good. There is an individual harness for each side, so you could replace that harness for pass side but mine was repairable. Hope this helps. I believe it was a 15amp fuse.

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Same happened to me as well after installing the Borla Switchfire pipe. I was lucky as my Ford dealer took pity on me and replaced the harness under warranty after making some adjustments to the pipes so it wouldn't happen again.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Same happened to me as well after installing the Borla Switchfire pipe. I was lucky as my Ford dealer took pity on me and replaced the harness under warranty after making some adjustments to the pipes so it wouldn't happen again.
Guess I need to look at mine, I did the Switchfire also. What's you're opinion of the Borla?

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
How my pass side wires looked after mine quite working.
C8798077-CD23-447A-B207-13CA718CBB7E.jpeg

gtmorgan23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Sam happened to mine am fixing now

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Are they rubbing or heat affected ?
they rub. But only after adding x/h pipe. Because sometimes the mufflers are pushed rearward after mating the exhaust back up and remains to far back. Then rubs on part of the body. Its easy to avoid but only if you know before hand.

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
they rub. But only after adding x/h pipe. Because sometimes the mufflers are pushed rearward after mating the exhaust back up and remains to far back. Then rubs on part of the body. Its easy to avoid but only if you know before hand.
OK, so no issues in stock configuration that you know of ?

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)

gtmorgan23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Yep mine rubbed on the passenger side after the Steeda Hpipe was installed.

I didnt notice it but was easily able to fix the problem.

I dropped the muffler a little by loosening the mounting point. Then just bent the body seem with a small pair of vice grips. I had to wrap one wire with some electrical tape. Then I moved the insulation up a bit and wrapped it all up with some black duck tape. checked for clearance then put everything back. Replaced the 15 amp fuse and it all worked like a charm.
Sponsored