Sponsored

UK order for 2019 Bullitt gone wrong....

UKRedball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Shadow Edition
So, I placed my deposit and order for the Bullitt a few months ago, I also oredered a 2018 GT convertible at the same time for the (brief) summer we get here in the UK, and Im enjoying driving it in the sun we are currently having.

However to take the shine off things, my dealer advised that the order for the Bullitt is coming without magneride, and they cant add it. Hes telling me they (ford US) locked down the order before they officially announced pricing and options to the UK market.

Its sounding like a big helping of BS and somebody has dropped the ball with my order. Seeing window stickers posted on this forum indicating cars are indeed being built with magneride, seems to suggest that what Im being told isnt strictly the truth.

If anyone has a window sticker for a car headed to the UK that shows magneride is part of the build that would be great - I can then go and ask my dealer what exactly is going on and why they seem to have messed up my order.

Looks like the car I was looking forward to getting will now be cancelled if they cant get magneride added to this build.

Anyone know any contacts at Ford US that can look into this for me as I would dearly still like to have the car, but not without the setup I wanted.

Many thanks for any help,
A desperate newbie to this forum...
Sponsored

OP
OP
UKRedball

UKRedball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Shadow Edition
I don't have a VIN. I'm just looking for somebody that does have a vin/window sticker for a UK car that DOES have magneride. So I can ask my dealership the very blunt question of:

If ford US locked in specification before UK carsbhadbthe option to add magneride, how come this car is coming with it??

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
The link i posted above has a window sticker of a UK car with Magneride. The car is VIN# 1FA6P8K05K5500250 so your dealer should be able to look it up too. There are other examples that I saw when poking around yesterday, this is just the first one I found again.

OP
OP
UKRedball

UKRedball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Shadow Edition
Sorry my apologies, I viewed on phone and it didn't display the window sticker. Viewed on desktop and it showed up fine.

I shall ask my dealer what's going on...

Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I've just fired off an email to my dealer to make sure mines specced right. Wasn't sure of the options when I paid the deposit but magnaride was available when the order moved from the dealership onto the system and I opted for it.

Good luck buddy hope you get it sorted...

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I've just fired off an email to my dealer to make sure mines specced right. Wasn't sure of the options when I paid the deposit but magnaride was available when the order moved from the dealership onto the system and I opted for it.

Good luck buddy hope you get it sorted...
My understanding was that all non-US Bullit's have Magneride as standard.

OP
OP
UKRedball

UKRedball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Shadow Edition
I've seen a window sticker for a car destined for France posted on this forum that shows no magneride.

Also shown as an extra on the UK destined Bullitt posted here.

I think my dealer just dropped the ball and now I'm screwed trying to find one with magneride or I have a car without the spec I wanted, or I miss out all together. Great. Looks like my current MY18 GT is destined to be my first and last mustang.

OP
OP
UKRedball

UKRedball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Shadow Edition
Well, the plot thickens....

Ive been informed that on the 28th June, Ford wrote to all dealerships advising that ALL Bullitt oreders in Europe placed after 13th March have been paused or moved into a central dealer code. From what I am told, there has been such demand for the car that Ford think some orders may just be stock orders for dealers rather than genuine customer orders. So the have held them all and requested sight of order forms and deposits to confirm these are retail customer orders.

This would be why the specification cant be changed, as at present the order doesnt actually exist yet as its been pulled pending verification.

As I have seen window stickers for Bullitts destined for Europe, with build dates of 28th of last month, WITH magneride, I can only assume that the dealers placed these orders before 13th March, and noted magneride at that point - something which my dealer obviosuly didnt do on the cars they ordered before 13th March.

As my order was after 13th March, I can only assume that as the dealer agreed he would get me into an early delivery car, hes offering me one of the slots for cars they ordered prior to 13th March, but didnt have magneride specified (and is now locked), and if I want mine with that specification, its a case of waiting until Ford open the orders back up again and verify the order.

So, if anyone ordered their Bullitt after 13th March, it may be worth checking with your dealer what they have to say about this story, and how it may affect your order.

Dont shoot the messenger.....

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
....From what I am told, there has been such demand for the car that Ford think some orders may just be stock orders for dealers rather than genuine customer orders....

"Our car is so popular, we're not going to deliver it".

Sheesh.

OP
OP
UKRedball

UKRedball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Shadow Edition
"Our car is so popular, we're not going to deliver it".

Sheesh.

I know, sounds crazy, but thats what Im told. Im in discussions with another dealership hoping to source an early car WITH mageneride for me, Ill ask them about the communication and see what their take on it is.

If I hear it from more than one place then it would point to there being some truth in it.
Sponsored