Elphaba2017

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deporhal
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT2017
Hello,
I am new to the group, as I just bought my triple black GT5.0. I have always dreamed of having a Mustang since I was 15 years old. I never actually thought I would ever own one. My husband on the other hand has had 4 Fox Body Mustangs before we met. I have always been the one to be a little frugal with money, so it never made sense to me to buy me a car like this. BUT THEN, funny story... My husband was wanting to look at a new truck because he wanted more bells and whistles on the truck that pulls our Airstream. So, when we drove on the lot, I said to my son, "If he gets a new truck, mama gets a Mustang". (totally kidding of course.) Long story short: the following week we bought what I now call Elphaba, because to me she is "Wicked". Originally when we bought it, it was going to be a toy for the both of us. BUT THEN... he buys a GT350, because he kept making references to the fact that we should have bought that. I told him I was not comfortable driving Elphaba yet, let alone driving GT350. So, he goes and buys one in white and blue. And now we get to go to Charlotte, NC to have a race day with professionals teaching us how to drive our cars. I am now so super excited to have these cars that I am learning as much as I can't wait until we get into the Mustang meet ups and just really enjoy what the car really has to offer.
FullSizeRender-6.jpeg
Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
So the real question... did you end up
Buying a truck ;)?

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Pics of truck?

j/k. Welcome, and nice looking cars!

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Originally when we bought it, it was going to be a toy for the both of us. BUT THEN... he buys a GT350
That's so typical. I can relate to it. :D
One of the little-known secrets of a long and happy marriage is that his car must always be a little bit better than yours. It doesn't matter how he defines 'better'. It can be a bit faster, or a bit bigger, or more beautiful, or more red, or a convertible, or AWD, or whatever. So yes, if you've got a GT, then he must get a GT350 for himself. It's only natural. :D

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
My wife is the reason we have a Mustang GT instead of a Porsche. Sometimes you have to pick your battles.

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
Congrats and welcome to the madness.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That is quite the steep hill you have parked on. :crackup::crackup:

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
My wife is the reason we have a Mustang GT instead of a Porsche. Sometimes you have to pick your battles.
Your wife understands operating costs better than you do apparently. LOL! You set yourself up for that one.

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Elphaba 2017, you must be a wonderful woman, for both you and your husband to end up with 2 new Mustangs, and no drama.
You wouldn't believe the steam that was generated when I traded my paid off 13 Mustang GT for a 2019 GT PP2. And I did it for HER, because I can adjust the ride for her comfort.
Yeah, you probably don't buy that argument either.

By the way, did he get the truck?

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0