Sponsored

Survey Says Ford Mustang Is Top Dream Car

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
If I didn't have the Mach 1, I would probably try to get an allocation for a non-CFTP GT500 at MSRP. Doesn't sound like that is very easy to do though. If I didn't need back seats however small they are, a C8 corvette would be in my "reasonable/attainable" dream car purview too.
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Always wanted one. Ever since I was a kid abs twisted metal with the blue viper w white stripes specter I believe name was. But I grew up and then saw prices and maintenance etc. I’ve never even sat in one, but that is one car I would love to drive. Just looks badass. I like all cars but if money wasn’t an issue I’d have one

Yours is sick, hope it treats you well.
Thanks. If you ever come to the California Central Valley, I will let you take it for drive

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. If you ever come to the California Central Valley, I will let you take it for drive
Ha That is a super nice offer! I would happily take a joyride in the passenger seat. It’s a shame they aren’t making them anymore. It’s already a rare car. I think they are/will become a collector if they aren’t already.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think the others that talked about lower automobile IQ are right. And the fact that answers are spread out. I think the higher your automobile IQ, the more specific your answer to this survey might be. So the answers from people with high automobile IQ will never be the top answer. Another explanation is that the reporting of survey results summarized so that all the specific Mustang answers with various options or years etc got lumped into one general category.

Most people want a cool car, but they don't want it enough to spend the money. They might be very successful and save a lot - even retire early never having bought a fun car.

I'm not really sure what my dream car is. The Mustang is pretty great all around for being a vehicle an average person can afford. I've driven enough different vehicles to know that it's very situational. Most cars are too much of a compromise. The Z06 I owned had a great suspension, but the engine and head room were lacking. The 911s I've driven are nice, but didn't have the excitement that I want in street driving. That leads me to think that something like a McLaren even though universally proclaimed to be great might not be so wonderful if I actually got to drive one. Possibly great on track, but not the best for a daily drive.

I'd like something front engine rear drive, close to 3,000 lbs with the engine having at least 8 cylinders, naturally aspirated, manual transmission and 50/50 weight bias. And there's not much available. If my 944 was rebuilt from the ground up with an LS3 that would be nearly perfect for me. So I guess that's my current dream car..

Sponsored

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
While not a production car, this is top of my list, Kirkham 427 SC, a beauty when the aluminum is polished, not painted. Finest reproduction Cobra made. Now put a aluminum 427 in it, ooooooooooo......
1644281762679.jpeg

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Here's one done in a copper alloy...Intresting tidbit, bodies are produced in an old MIG factory in Poland, cars are built in Salt Lake City, less engine.
1644282069150.jpeg

Last edited:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I guess the idea of what a dream car is varies. I've always viewed dream cars as probably not attainable, so the only Mustangs I would put in that category are classic 60s models (restomod or restored original condition), or the latest GT500.

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
I work with a young woman that sees a Mustang as a "dream car". She loves mine and it's just GT Prem w/ a couple extras. I doubt she would know the difference between a base EB and a M1 and probably doesn't care about all that. She just wants a Mustang.

She's probably 22 or so. Works full-time, works whatever OT they throw at her... and she pulls a full load at university. A Mustang is a dream-car for her.

Sponsored
OP
OP
thunderstrike

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I work with a young woman that sees a Mustang as a "dream car". She loves mine and it's just GT Prem w/ a couple extras. I doubt she would know the difference between a base EB and a M1 and probably doesn't care about all that. She just wants a Mustang.

She's probably 22 or so. Works full-time, works whatever OT they throw at her... and she pulls a full load at university. A Mustang is a dream-car for her.
We need more hard working people.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Dont get me wrong, I always wanted a grabber blue mustang, ALYAYS since I was like 22 and saw them on the last gen. I couldn't justify getting one, etc.. then I got my ecbooost, I loved it but when I sold it, I was kinda happy. didnt have to worry about door dings or potholes etc, free'd up garage space, less insurance etc. when I sold it, my friend said "that was your dream car" yeah, and I got to own one.- it was my obtainable one

now I realize I need to focus on other stuff and I got to have a lot of fun for 2 years. I was driving every single day instead of riding my motorcycles too. im glad I got to enjoy the owning of a mustang, but yeah it was a dream car to me. - an obtainable one. not for its horsepower or anything but just its looks and comfort and grabber blue.

but a real dream car, like mentioned would be Dodge Viper which is unobtainable for me, and as much as I want to say, I prob wont ever be able to get one. which im fine with, id rather have money than pay on a loan I cant afford lol.

I have met some car people from car meets, that literally, every penny they have, goes towards payments on a car that they are barely affording. which many of them did unload it when the prices flew up this last year. some of them holding onto them.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have met some car people from car meets, that literally, every penny they have, goes towards payments on a car that they are barely affording. which many of them did unload it when the prices flew up this last year. some of them holding onto them.
I wish I had the guts to do that. I'm definitely cheap on most non-car things, but I don't forgo vacation or saving for retirement.

Dang priorities - bah.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
but I don't forgo vacation or saving for retirement.

Dang priorities - bah.
Vacation is amazing and should always be a priority. The mind should rest :)

Retirement is good too but I'll probably be dead before then. Not from a lack of saving for it though. I could probably do it soon if I wanted to but...

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
We need more hard working people.
Went through a drive thru at BK the other day and the girl in the window leaned out and asked me what I was paying for the car and said it was her "dream" to own a Mustang. Then explained she was going to college and couldn't afford one for that reason but she was working at it. Suffice to say I thought she was a badass.. Working through school is awesome.
Sponsored