Car Seats and My Mustang Dream

OP
OP

jdherder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someday a Mustang hopefully
it can be done, but if you are using a mustang as your families #1 kid transport, I would get a different car.

I waited until my kids were both out of car seats and boosters before getting back to a 2 door coupe.

Plenty of decent 4 door cars out there. Parenting comes first.
Definitely agree with parenting priority. We also have a Ford Escape. I just want to make sure that a mustang could supplement the Escape for daycare drop offs and whatnot.
Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
yep. it could work in a pinch, but man is it tight.

Rjrwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP
I have a one week old son. We have the Uppababy Mesa rear facing infant seat/base. It must go behind the passenger seat and, when in place, the passenger seat must go all the way forward and then can move back *one* click. It would be very tight w a passenger. As a family, we take the wife's car when it is the 3 of us. When it is just the guys, we take mine.

It's tight but it works and I am not giving up the Mustang. Best of luck w the adpotion process and car shopping.
Hey there... just recently bought a Mustang - our child is due soon - we have the UB Mesa car seat and base.. did you have a trick to getting the base level? I followed the steps from UP but base unit doesn’t seem to level in the rear passenger side.
Thx for the help.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Hey there... just recently bought a Mustang - our child is due soon - we have the UB Mesa car seat and base.. did you have a trick to getting the base level? I followed the steps from UP but base unit doesn’t seem to level in the rear passenger side.
Thx for the help.
This is a 5 y/o post.... those babies are going to school now...

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I actually just bought my GT when my son was 7 months old. I haven’t even bothered with the car seat as my wife is 6’2” and I am 6’4”. She has the current Gen VW Tiguan 4Motion (saved our butts in the Texas freeze) and the back seat is huge. We use that for all things baby as moving a car seat from car to car is a PITA. I had a Mini Countryman John Cooper Works which was plenty big enough for the seat, but we only used the Tiguan. My wife forced me to get the Mustang even though I was going to try to be more practical. She saw my face when I drove it and said I had never looked so happy. My advice is to wait and see how things go because infant seats are humongous and the used market is nuts.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Thx for the help.
I rolled up a towel under the back portion of the car Seat base. Allowed me to sit it in there flush and level. Mine was a nuna and instruction specifically stated If the built in extention bar wasn't enough a towel was acceptable to ensure the base was level.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I actually just bought my GT when my son was 7 months old. I haven’t even bothered with the car seat as my wife is 6’2” and I am 6’4”. She has the current Gen VW Tiguan 4Motion (saved our butts in the Texas freeze) and the back seat is huge. We use that for all things baby as moving a car seat from car to car is a PITA. I had a Mini Countryman John Cooper Works which was plenty big enough for the seat, but we only used the Tiguan. My wife forced me to get the Mustang even though I was going to try to be more practical. She saw my face when I drove it and said I had never looked so happy. My advice is to wait and see how things go because infant seats are humongous and the used market is nuts.
Yeah - if your wife is 6'2" and you are 6'4" - odds are by the time your son is 10-12 years old, you'll need PLENTY of back seat space for him to even fit. I got $100 says your son ends up 6'6" or taller.

Good luck with replacing shoes every 3 months.
Sponsored