OP
OP
thunderstrike

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Went through a drive thru at BK the other day and the girl in the window leaned out and asked me what I was paying for the car and said it was her "dream" to own a Mustang. Then explained she was going to college and couldn't afford one for that reason but she was working at it. Suffice to say I thought she was a badass.. Working through school is awesome.
Yup, you' are a good judge of character. She'll do great in the future.
Sponsored

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Went through a drive thru at BK the other day and the girl in the window leaned out and asked me what I was paying for the car and said it was her "dream" to own a Mustang. Then explained she was going to college and couldn't afford one for that reason but she was working at it. Suffice to say I thought she was a badass.. Working through school is awesome.
That is awesome. Funny, wasn’t there an article or thread somewhere about Mustang’s being an old man car?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I had the guts to do that. I'm definitely cheap on most non-car things, but I don't forgo vacation or saving for retirement.

Dang priorities - bah.
well no. I made about 10k in stocks on calls with the money from mustang sale, and then I got dumb and went all in on amazon calls, and I lost all 24k LOL.

I stupid as fuk. but man, 10k profit in a few weeks.. it was so juicy.. when amazon tanked, I said it'l goo up, and I went all in... and it kept dropping.. for weeks......... til my expiration. lost it all

but im alright, I already recovered, and fully out of debt. just sucks I gave away the mustang basically. I had fun though, but im back to my roots, and just enjoying myself with my little cheap ass Scion tC. its reliable and gets good mpg, and I pay like 20 bucks a month in insurance. so im content. I ordered a new motorcycle, once it comes in, pay it off and just hit my house payment hard. with prices rising, I want to get out from under my house debt sooner than 30 years.

I think a lot had to do with me losing my cat, around that time. so I was being reckless/didnt care or wasn't being as smart as I normally would of. the gambling felt good, took my mind off my cat and then bit me in ass. now I have a new cat, (not replacing him) but my life is better than it was, I was in a rough patch. live and learn.

it didnt bankrupt me, just made me sad to throw away a year of earnings lol. whoops

Last edited:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Yup, you' are a good judge of character. She'll do great in the future.
Not sure if sarcasm but... I really did work at BK while going to school. I don't think she was being insincere.

Edit... I don't think you were being sarcastic.. :)

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I have met some car people from car meets, that literally, every penny they have, goes towards payments on a car that they are barely affording. which many of them did unload it when the prices flew up this last year. some of them holding onto them.
I consider myself a car guy, but I've never been able to wrap my head around this. For me, home and retirement always come before cars.

I became debt free last spring when I paid off my real estate at 52. Early retirement is even looking somewhat feasible. Realistically, having no real obligations is sort of a bohemian lifestyle and I'm in a pretty good spot to splurge on a dream car. I wanted a '22 GT500, but I won't pay an ADM; I thought my '07 GT500 was my dream car but it wasn't all that - would I feel the same about the new one once the honeymoon was over? Chances are that glitter would fade. The current thought is to acquire a car (maybe two) from the time I was paying my way through college and couldn't afford those dreams, and pop on a chunk of lakeshore I've been after for over a decade. My '15 just might be the last fun car I buy new with my current line of thought.

Last edited:

Sponsored

22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2020 f150 xlt, 2013 avenger 3.6l, 2017 f350 srw xl
I don't know about the rest of you bottom feeders but when I take delivery of my special ordered mustang that is supposed to come in next month, I'm gonna have a dream I can control for once. For me it's gonna give me a ton of happiness, while that top feeder is still day dreaming of a car he can never have and that's kinda sad in my book.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
There's no 'right' or 'wrong' with 'dream cars'. It's whatever excites you. Vanilla, chocolate, or hazelnut mocha-espresso. Different flavors speak to different people.

A life-long friend of mine, also a car guy but a major cheapskate his entire life, just placed an order for a C8 Corvette. I'm thrilled for him. At the ripe old age of 63, after driving rusted-out crap boxes his whole life (even though he's a wealthy lawyer) he's finally buying the kind of fun car he's always lusted after, but never unclenched his wallet to actually do. It's his 'dream car', and I hope he has a blast with it.

Even though the C8 is faster and better handling than my Mustang GT, it's not my dream car. I could afford the C8, but I like the Mustang more. It has more personality, more character. It also has a manual transmission, which for me is an absolute requirement for a 'dream' car - a Nintendo slushbox just won't cut it, no matter how much faster it might be around the Nurburgring.

For me the Mustang is also more approachable (some call it 'attainable'). My car cost less than 40% of what he's going to pay for the Corvette. For me, the Corvette isn't 2 1/2 times more thrilling. Even if it could be had with a manual transmission, I'd be worried about scrapes, parking lot incidents, and other street wear that doesn't keep me up at night with the Mustang (though I do take better care of my car than most people do of their kids. I'd also be less tolerant of the kinds of quality control issues which are inevitable with any GM product, whereas in the Mustang, the occasional rattle just means I turn up the radio (or roll down the window so I can hear the engine better).

A lot of what makes a 'dream car' depends on what you grew up with. I was imprinted on the pony and not the bow-tie. I grew up lusting after Mustangs. I remember as a kid going around the corner to the local Ford dealer and seeing the 1964 1/2 Mustang being introduced (it was a white coupe with a red interior, just a 6 cylinder automatic, but it made an impression). My first car was a (rusty, 10 year old) 1965 Mustang convertible, and I've owned 5 others over the course of my life. The kid I was most jealous of in high school was the one who's father gave him a totally restored 1967 Mustang GT390, done up Bullitt-style in Highland Green, as an early graduation present (when he was still a junior)(that, and he (of course) dated the captain of the cheerleading squad, the prettiest and sweetest girl in our school)(God how I hated his guts...).

For me, a 'dream car' would be a new 2022 Mach 1 Mustang, IF I could find a non-sleazy dealer willing to sell a car without making me grab my ankles and being a jerk about it (though, I'd still have a problem justifying spending double what my current 2015 GT is worth for a car that's basically the same).

Dream about whatever you like. It's becoming rare enough that people actually like cars and enjoy driving. We're rapidly heading into a bland, anodyne future filled with soulless, battery-operated transportation modules. Enjoy whatever you like while you still can. This is the last hurrah for internal combustion and manual transmissions, and once they're gone, they won't be back (except as museum pieces or maybe track-day novelties for the wealthy).

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Interestingly, a survey of C&C crowds says the Mustang is their top nightmare car.
Sponsored