Sponsored

Survey Says Ford Mustang Is Top Dream Car

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
For many people the mustang is totally impractical waste of limited car buying dollars compared to mid size suv costing same(rwd, tiny back seat, un needed power etc). Those same people would buy one as a second or third car IF they had the resources. Thats the dream - not hard to understand at all. The dream means "maybe someday". Because we've reached that someday doesn't make it less a dream car for them. It's just a reality for us (or a nightmare - depending :^)).
Your logic is flawed because a dream is not reality and therefore “if”, the dream part, I could afford it why choose a Mustang?
Dream big, not small
Sponsored

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Some people have small dreams and some other hove big dreams
.. wonder which group is more successful in life… let me think….
You mean like all the people who think they're gonna be a pro athlete or a successful professional musician? Those big dreams? That rarely come to fruition...?

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
For me there are a lot of nicer cars than a mustang. But at the price level, the mustang fulfills most wants and needs.
Its the law of diminishing returns. I’d have to pay double to get a 10% better car. For me that is. For others it may differ.

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Your logic is not logical. If someone chooses a practical car because "reality" the mustang is still a "dream" that may or may not ever happen. Price is not the only consideration in peoples lives.
Your logic is flawed because a dream is not reality and therefore “if”, the dream part, I could afford it why choose a Mustang?
Dream big, not small

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I could honestly see a Mustang as a dream car. That being said my dream is a 1968 GT500KR, wanted one since I was 14. Im 50 now, and still never owned a Shelby, still want one like I did when I was 14. Maybe one day.

That's the good thing about dreams, they will vary from person to person and with no wrong answers.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, dreams are meant to be fulfilled, what would be their point otherwise? I live to fulfill my dreams. Fantasies don't need to be filled so I leave the Lamborghinis for games. Mustang definitely was my dream car ever since S550 came. My wife dreamt of blue 2014 GT500, haha.

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I agree, dreams are meant to be fulfilled, what would be their point otherwise? I live to fulfill my dreams. Fantasies don't need to be filled so I leave the Lamborghinis for games. Mustang definitely was my dream car ever since S550 came. My wife dreamt of blue 2014 GT500, haha.
My "never gonna happen" dreams cars would be a Revology Mustang (not sure what model, so many to choose from) a Singer Porsche and a modded 72 Dino Ferrari. As for attainable dream cars go it'll always be a Mustang for me. It's the sublime sound, folks.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I have 911 Turbo S biting somewhere deep in the back of my brain occasionally, but now with Mustang I have pretty much the same fun I would have with 911 and for 1/4 of the cost...

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I agree that the responses seem to be pedestrian in the context of “dream car”. Most people aren’t “car people”, especially in the context of this…car forum…but dream usually means some fantasy like actually winning Powerball. In which case many cars come to mind, 458 Italia, 911 GT3, McLaren Senna…

Sponsored

Turning Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2021 Mustang GT/CS
When I was a teen, my dream car was buying a new Camaro Z-28 or a new CJ-5 Jeep, (now you know I'm old...lol). My version of a dream car has always been something attainable (not necessarily easily attainable) to me. The problem for many years was prioritizing my needs vs my wants (dreams).

At times it was not earning enough money, at other times it was a stronger want that kept me from buying my dream car. And most often it was my needs that kept me from my dream car, hence my 1997 Chrysler Town & Country LXI...lol.

Finally, in 2012 my want for a dream car led me to purchasing a new GT500. After two years of ownership, my want for a new 2014 Raptor took over and I couldn't afford both. Several years and several dream cars later I have arrived where I am today with a 2019 Raptor, and a 2021 Mustang GT.

Obviously everyone has their own definition of dream and dream car, and for most Americans it is likely not a car that currently costs way over six figures. I'm sure this forum has its share of people who can afford way over six figure cars, but I would say the vast majority of members can't, or they choose higher priorities, much like our society as a whole.

I suppose if I combined the resources I have in my Raptor and Mustang, both of which are not daily drivers and are currently in storage (salty roads), I could buy a six figure car, but that is not what I want, hence not for what I dream. Therefore, my dream cars are currently my Raptor and my Mustang. I agree with the survey as purported on here. I didn't read it...lol. Now if someone can hook me up with an order for a 2022 GT500 at msrp, I might have a new dream car again!!!

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm not going to lie,...............
A brand new GT500 is one of my dream cars. Maybe someday, although, I don't look/browse as much as I once used to.

The Porsche GT3 being the top dream car, followed by a '70 pro-touring Chevelle, built by DSE with all the DSE goodies.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I guess that I already got a dream car

6EC2A1CC-45CE-4E3B-90C7-6C98347E1D6B.png
Always wanted one. Ever since I was a kid abs twisted metal with the blue viper w white stripes specter I believe name was. But I grew up and then saw prices and maintenance etc. I’ve never even sat in one, but that is one car I would love to drive. Just looks badass. I like all cars but if money wasn’t an issue I’d have one

Yours is sick, hope it treats you well.
Sponsored